The CLUB MEMBERSHIP Scheme I'd like to see....

I know I've mentioned these things a number of times, but clear in my mind now, is the need to start packaging fans' monetary spend at the club, in ways that might incentivize people to take a more active part & positive approach to their part in the Club's development. Yes, I do think we ALL have a part to play according to our individual circumstances.

This is the kind of enveloping Club Membership Scheme I'd like to see:

NCAFC 'County For Life' SCHEME

This is a club membership scheme that gives you:

* Your unique client reference number & membership photo card
* Trust membership at the appropriate price for your age
* A commitment to a minimum level of B&R Scheme contribution - rising in £5 increments
* Your match ticket for life in your chosen area ( terrace / seat )
* The ability to move sections during the 'transfer window' for a small transfer fee
* Loyalty points on just about everything you spend at the club
* 2nd tier priority for 'big match' tickets
* A 'team photo' with all scheme members sat in a block of the Bisley
* Exclusive 'hospitality day' where members can upgrade for one match for £10

So by joining up, your commitment to the club is sorted for life, in one single monthly payment by Direct Debit.
There would be an assumption of annual automatic renewal unless you cancel giving notice.

NCAFC would encourage CLUB membership, rather than just TRUST membership.

This way, you'll demonstrate your commitment to 'County for Life'.
Last edited by newgroundrodney on May 30th, 2018, 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: The CLUB MEMBERSHIP Scheme I'd like to see....

I think that the basic idea is sound.

My view make it as simple as possible. For a monthly direct debit of £50. Give the following. Stand ticket for all league games. Complimentary programme. Trust membership. Priority for Cup tickets. End of season entry into draw for two of the clubs Cup final tickets. Entry to end of season players awards dinner.

Difficult I know but get 1,000 to sign up and it equates to £600,000 pa. Now in addition if you were to call the 100 club the vice president's club, a blast from the 1960's there and set that at £100 per month that equates to £120,000 pa.

1,100 fans contributing £720,000 pa. Away fans and casual supporters lets say 2,500 at an average payment of £15 per game equates £862,500. Add monies from EFL at £700,000 and the club have a turnover of £2,262,500.

That in my view is a very difficult target. But it is not unachievable. There are additional incomes, transfer fees, Cup runs, advertising etc. If we can get our average gate up to 4,000 then we are in business.

I really like this idea, and having thought about it would almost certainly sign up for it. What happens though if we ever get promoted and our cost base goes up? Do we ask the fans to cover that as well? At that stage we'll have the same die-hard's proclaiming that "it's only £100 per month guys".

I feel that as a supporters owned club, we've probably already reached a point higher than the natural plateau. I do hope that irrespective of who owns the club, ideas like this could be introduced.

rncfc wrote:I really like this idea, and having thought about it would almost certainly sign up for it. What happens though if we ever get promoted and our cost base goes up? Do we ask the fans to cover that as well? At that stage we'll have the same die-hard's proclaiming that "it's only £100 per month guys".

I feel that as a supporters owned club, we've probably already reached a point higher than the natural plateau. I do hope that irrespective of who owns the club, ideas like this could be introduced.
If we were to be promoted, depending on exact ticket prices etc, it's maybe add £8 per month to the payment. They'd just adjust it once a season, a bit like utility companies do with most bills......you could of course cancel by giving notice. Frankly, a Newport County in League One, I'd be happy to pay £8 extra!....works out about £4 extra on the match ticket.

Some great ideas in both ngr and stan's suggestions.

Probably preaching to the converted as my season ticket, rewards & benefits and programme costs are pretty close to an average £50 per month anyway but I would hope there are many more that would see the benefits of such a scheme to both the continued existence of the club and themselves.

Surely there are enough people amongst our existing fanbase, let alone new converts, who would be sufficiently interested to make such a scheme viable? It will need a much more enthusiastic approach from the club as regards publicity and full details of the scheme than has been put into the current R&B scheme though.