Re: Worried?

The question I’m asking is should kevin ward be sending the open letter to the Argus?

As one of our directors he is representing us and even though it has nothing to do with football how are his actions going to impact on the county’s relationship with the council?

Just newport wrote:The question I’m asking is should kevin ward be sending the open letter to the Argus?

As one of our directors he is representing us and even though it has nothing to do with football how are his actions going to impact on the county’s relationship with the council?
Why not ? The letter has nothing to do with Newport County and I cannot imagine a councillor holding someone's opinion of our city,( director or not ) against our football club.

Let’s just get the facts right on this.
My company is contracted to manage the Newport Now BID. If you read the letter, you’ll see it’s written on behalf of the BID’s board of directors - in other words, my bosses.
It’s not a personal letter from me. It’s a letter on behalf of the 400+ city centre businesses represented by the BID.
It has nothing whatsoever to do with Newport County AFC.
Cheers.

I’m not doubting the purpose of the letter and the reasons why it has been raised. In addition, I’m not agreeing or disagreeing with the views in the article.

What I am saying is that Will Godfrey has stated that he is unhappy in the way that it was conducted (which I think he meant putting it in the Argus).

I’m not saying I agree or disagree with his views and some may think that it’s irrelivent what the council think of the article as you’re doing it with your Newport bid hat on but I’m wondering whether putting articles in the press publicly challenging the council will be helpful to the county when our intentions are for you to act on the behalf of the trust in securing a good relationship with the council.

I wonder how much time Will Godfrey spends in the City Centre. I suspect not a lot. Businesses and the public on the other hand are there day in day out and see what a state it is becoming - it seems worse every time I visit. - yesterday evening it was like walking through a nightmare (and this was early at 6.30 ish) - not a policeman to be seen. We cannot be afraid to complain publicly just in case it's used against us by those in authority - if that's the case, we may as well give up and meekly hand the city over to the scum that seem to be taking it over anyway. If businesses felt that anything was being addressed they wouldn't need to write this letter - the Council, including Mr Godfrey, need to realise this.

Just newport wrote:I’m not doubting the purpose of the letter and the reasons why it has been raised. In addition, I’m not agreeing or disagreeing with the views in the article.

What I am saying is that Will Godfrey has stated that he is unhappy in the way that it was conducted (which I think he meant putting it in the Argus).

I’m not saying I agree or disagree with his views and some may think that it’s irrelivent what the council think of the article as you’re doing it with your Newport bid hat on but I’m wondering whether putting articles in the press publicly challenging the council will be helpful to the county when our intentions are for you to act on the behalf of the trust in securing a good relationship with the council.
Complete and utter nonsense. As has been mentioned, this letter has nothing to do with the County. You seem to be implying that people, whether they be councillors, directors, businessmen or whatever should only have one vested interest. Totally ridiculous. We need people on the board to have a wide span of interests.

I understand what people's opinions are of Mr godfrey,but I implore we try to build a strong relationship,we have breached our contractual duties with our rugby brothers on circa 50 occasions,this has been hidden by the board (gavin era)and people on here still can't wake up and smell the coffee,as for Mr ward myself and many ardent fans have deep reservations about his intentions,he's a poor oritor who along with gavin talks with limited substance in addressing the owners of newport county,you people on this board.

theale wrote:I understand what people's opinions are of Mr godfrey,but I implore we try to build a strong relationship,we have breached our contractual duties with our rugby brothers on circa 50 occasions,this has been hidden by the board (gavin era)and people on here still can't wake up and smell the coffee,as for Mr ward myself and many ardent fans have deep reservations about his intentions,he's a poor oritor who along with gavin talks with limited substance in addressing the owners of newport county,you people on this board.

The Board of Newport County are trying to build a solid relationship with the council.
This matter has absolutely nothing to do with us as a club. Move on.

Its like Butcher said everybody is on a beach but Cheltenham have found 7 who decided to stay home.
Big concern
The pick of the bunch will all be gone and whats left the scraps we can pick from.

jollysuperstar wrote:Its like Butcher said everybody is on a beach but Cheltenham have found 7 who decided to stay home.
Big concern
The pick of the bunch will all be gone and whats left the scraps we can pick from.
Not really, they're obviously just paying decent wages this season. We're not going to be so we're not going to be first in line for anyone.

Unbelievable!!
Twice now Kevin ward has had a pop at him.
The new lads on the board all volunteers have happily come on here with their views.
How can anybody think that Kevins first priority is the County.
Just find these threads gobsmacking.
Thanks Kevin, Rob & Dean plus one other (sorry name slips me at present) for making the effort.
By the way the City is a total disgrace worse than ever beggars in virtually every area and the language if you have youngsters with you.
What are the police scared of I ask.

Given the 'shorter' transfer window this summer I was expecting to have heard we have signed at least one player by now.
I would hope that the club have given the players offered new deals an ultimatum so that we know either way what is happening with them and not being held to ransom by them whilst they look for 'better deals ' elsewhere. They have had a month now since the season finished. I would have thought MF would want to know so that he can move on if they aren't signing.
IMO we need at least six players , if the budget can stretch that far . Of which four should be first team regulars straightaway and two squad players pushing for a position if injuries and form come into it.
This season we shouldn't be moving players to fill gaps when someone else loses a bit of form or accommodate ' his favourites' in the side as he did last season. Get his first choice 11 and stick with it unless it isn't working of course...Not ''these are my chosen 9 or 10 and I have to fit 'x' in the team. It may seem like another dig at Willmott by me but last season he was even putting him as a right back to get him in the side some games when he wasn't first choice in his supposedly better position. He did it with White too when he played him at right back