Re: Worried?

neilcork68 wrote:Given the 'shorter' transfer window this summer I was expecting to have heard we have signed at least one player by now.
I would hope that the club have given the players offered new deals an ultimatum so that we know either way what is happening with them and not being held to ransom by them whilst they look for 'better deals ' elsewhere. They have had a month now since the season finished. I would have thought MF would want to know so that he can move on if they aren't signing.
IMO we need at least six players , if the budget can stretch that far . Of which four should be first team regulars straightaway and two squad players pushing for a position if injuries and form come into it.
This season we shouldn't be moving players to fill gaps when someone else loses a bit of form or accommodate ' his favourites' in the side as he did last season. Get his first choice 11 and stick with it unless it isn't working of course...Not ''these are my chosen 9 or 10 and I have to fit 'x' in the team. It may seem like another dig at Willmott by me but last season he was even putting him as a right back to get him in the side some games when he wasn't first choice in his supposedly better position. He did it with White too when he played him at right back

You are having a dig at Wilmott, it is a shame you turned down his offer to attend training, it might have given you a better insight into football. Robbie played 39 games in a team that finished 11th in league 2 with one of the leagues lowest budgets?I will take the same next year thanks. Let's hope he extends his offer to you for pre-season.

Always find this clamour for county to get all their transfers done by June really weird. Totally understand if we were one of the richest teams in the land and we needed to buy players before anyone else but fact is we are nowhere near that. Our best bet is always to wait as long as possible for signings because that is where we can pick up some bargains still within our budget. There will be 100’s of players right now who wouldn’t even entertain joining us. In two months time when they still haven’t got a club all that changes.

If we were Manchester United under Sir Alex, where they were able to plan their Transfer targets and squads 2/3 season in advance then yes I would be concerned. But we're not, and as Bush said, at the moment the players have the power, but as the transfer window gets closer to the end it will switch in favour of the club.

Just newport wrote:I’m not doubting the purpose of the letter and the reasons why it has been raised. In addition, I’m not agreeing or disagreeing with the views in the article.

What I am saying is that Will Godfrey has stated that he is unhappy in the way that it was conducted (which I think he meant putting it in the Argus).

I’m not saying I agree or disagree with his views and some may think that it’s irrelivent what the council think of the article as you’re doing it with your Newport bid hat on but I’m wondering whether putting articles in the press publicly challenging the council will be helpful to the county when our intentions are for you to act on the behalf of the trust in securing a good relationship with the council.
So will Godfrey's unhappy.

So what?

Alan G Bryant wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:Given the 'shorter' transfer window this summer I was expecting to have heard we have signed at least one player by now.
I would hope that the club have given the players offered new deals an ultimatum so that we know either way what is happening with them and not being held to ransom by them whilst they look for 'better deals ' elsewhere. They have had a month now since the season finished. I would have thought MF would want to know so that he can move on if they aren't signing.
IMO we need at least six players , if the budget can stretch that far . Of which four should be first team regulars straightaway and two squad players pushing for a position if injuries and form come into it.
This season we shouldn't be moving players to fill gaps when someone else loses a bit of form or accommodate ' his favourites' in the side as he did last season. Get his first choice 11 and stick with it unless it isn't working of course...Not ''these are my chosen 9 or 10 and I have to fit 'x' in the team. It may seem like another dig at Willmott by me but last season he was even putting him as a right back to get him in the side some games when he wasn't first choice in his supposedly better position. He did it with White too when he played him at right back

You are having a dig at Wilmott, it is a shame you turned down his offer to attend training, it might have given you a better insight into football. Robbie played 39 games in a team that finished 11th in league 2 with one of the leagues lowest budgets?I will take the same next year thanks. Let's hope he extends his offer to you for pre-season.

In my opinion he's not having a go at Willmott, he's having a go at Flynny.
Is Willmott a football league quality centre mid or RB? No chance, he's simply not good enough. Is it his fault he was picked in those positions when we had better options? No.
Some of Flynny's decisions were baffling to a lot of fans at times so i can certainly understand why some fans would question him.

Yes it is baffling how Flynny took a team 11 points adrift at the bottom of the table to an 11th place finish in 58 games.

Some Newport County fans have never been any different though, they will always single out players for criticism whilst proclaiming to be supporters. I recall Justin Edinburgh defending Danny Crow from the boo boys highlighting his unseen work off the ball, much the same as what Flynn has had to do with Robbie this season. The fact that our finishes were 9th & 11th during this time perhaps indicates that Justin & Mike know a little bit more about the game than Neil Cork and his cronies. Maybe he should take up that offer and attend training so he can understand the game a little better.

Alan G Bryant wrote:Yes it is baffling how Flynny took a team 11 points adrift at the bottom of the table to an 11th place finish in 58 games.

Some Newport County fans have never been any different though, they will always single out players for criticism whilst proclaiming to be supporters. I recall Justin Edinburgh defending Danny Crow from the boo boys highlighting his unseen work off the ball, much the same as what Flynn has had to do with Robbie this season. The fact that our finishes were 9th & 11th during this time perhaps indicates that Justin & Mike know a little bit more about the game than Neil Cork and his cronies. Maybe he should take up that offer and attend training so he can understand the game a little better.

We finished 14th when Crow played most of his FL games with us.
The season we finished 9th I think he played just 2 games and was released in the January.

Alan G Bryant wrote:Yes it is baffling how Flynny took a team 11 points adrift at the bottom of the table to an 11th place finish in 58 games.

My goodness. In your book there is a hysterical minority and now cronies as supporters as well. You don't like any criticism of the club or players at all do you? My take is this - Neil pays his money so he is allowed to criticise. End of. Get over it.

pembsexile wrote:

My goodness. In your book there is a hysterical minority and now cronies as supporters as well. You don't like any criticism of the club or players at all do you? My take is this - Neil pays his money so he is allowed to criticise. End of. Get over it.

As do I, you should try it

Loyalfoot wrote:We need to trust M F and his game management as that's his job. We need to be constructive in our approach and feedback.

Wait until MF hits a bad patch , as he will...all managers get them ...You will be on here with the knives sharpened like many others who seem to think the sun shines out of his arse.....
Yes he did a fab job saving us and had a good season last year but IMO this season will be the one to judge him on now he is having to sign a few of his own players now players like Tozer has departed and maybe Nouble and Labadie to follow??
just remember the signings he made . How many of them improved us ???? Apart from the two loan signings and Amond his signings have not impressed , have they ???
Nouble....Does it when he feels like, most of the time he was a passenger
Reynolds.....been sent out on loan
Dolan....gets dogs abuse off some on here
Reid......signed but wasn't fit
Collins....two halves in two separate games he did ok but was poor overall
Osadabe...least said the better
Re signing Jackson....????????? WTF ?????
Willmott....had about 3/4 weeks where he did well......the rest of the time.....IMO and many others , poor
Hayes.......had one great half but his legs had gone and that was after the **** up about his registration
Sheehan..........hopefully he will get 100% fit with a good pre season behind him as he could be a star but he was a long way off the pace for weeks when he came to the club.The vast majority of the players he has used have been Feeney or Westleys signings