Re: Worried?

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:He played 39 times because not matter how poor a performance he put in you could almost guarantee he'd be shoe horned into the side for the next game.
Were you happy with our 11th place finish and the season in general, or did you prefer the previous two seasons ?
On too many occasions with Wilmott in the team it was like playing with 10 men, whereas with more consistent 11 v 11 performances we would have undoubtedly gained a few extra points and finished higher.
It may be argued that on those occasions he was playing out of position, in which case perhaps he shouldn't have been selected in the first place.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:He played 39 times because not matter how poor a performance he put in you could almost guarantee he'd be shoe horned into the side for the next game.
Were you happy with our 11th place finish and the season in general, or did you prefer the previous two seasons ?
On too many occasions with Wilmott in the team it was like playing with 10 men, whereas with more consistent 11 v 11 performances we would have undoubtedly gained a few extra points and finished higher.
It may be argued that on those occasions he was playing out of position, in which case perhaps he shouldn't have been selected in the first place.

Alan G Bryant wrote:

No point trying to discuss anything with him Taunton. You're pissing into the wind.
As we finished higher this season we're not allowed to criticize anything apparently.
Last edited by Exile 1976 on June 2nd, 2018, 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
I'd prefer 11 players on the pitch picked on form.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
In fairness you could pick any of the squad and make the same statement.

Well I am a tool and an idiot apparently. However, I am still waiting for someone to suggest a utility player that can play left wing back , right wing back , midfield, left wing and right wing whilst not commanding huge wages. Someone that can also destroy a championship side in Leeds United, provide an assist against premiership Tottenham Hotspur and play 39 times in a team that finished 11th in league 2.

Who should we replace him with ?

Alan G Bryant wrote:Well I am a tool and an idiot apparently. However, I am still waiting for someone to suggest a utility player that can play left wing back , right wing back , midfield, left wing and right wing whilst not commanding huge wages. Someone that can also destroy a championship side in Leeds United, provide an assist against premiership Tottenham Hotspur and play 39 times in a team that finished 11th in league 2.

Mark Byrne :)

SULLY34 wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:Well I am a tool and an idiot apparently. However, I am still waiting for someone to suggest a utility player that can play left wing back , right wing back , midfield, left wing and right wing whilst not commanding huge wages. Someone that can also destroy a championship side in Leeds United, provide an assist against premiership Tottenham Hotspur and play 39 times in a team that finished 11th in league 2.

Mark Byrne :)

Exactly , start donating!

Exile 1976 wrote:Being picked in all those positions doesn't mean he can play those positions, Klukowski played in a load of different positions for us too, was shite in most of them too.

Good example , another player that was rarely utilised in his best position which was behind the front 2. Nonetheless his stint at Newport County yielded a 9th & 14th league finish in which he played 66 games.

Still no word on who we replace Robbie with I see.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Being picked in all those positions doesn't mean he can play those positions, Klukowski played in a load of different positions for us too, was shite in most of them too.

Good example , another player that was rarely utilised in his best position which was behind the front 2. Nonetheless his stint at Newport County yielded a 9th & 14th league finish in which he played 66 games.

Still no word on who we replace Robbie with I see.

I don't want a cardboard cut out that can be placed in so many different positions.
If the manager didn't play him out of position most of the time, like Flynny with Willmott, perhaps we'd have finished higher. You know, round pegs in round holes...
Also i don't recall saying I'd get rid of Willmott.
He's an ok winger, though he can put in a couple of quality performances. Would not play him anywhere else. Not good enough

That is a prime example of what a tiny minority of our supporters like you simply do not understand. A squad as threadbare as ours relies on utility players, and has to, it does not have the luxury you crave. Do you really really think Robbie would have been in centre midfield if Labadie had been fit for instance ? It is not Robbie's fault that Mike Flynn didn't entrust the likes of TOE to do the work off the ball that RW did.

Alan G Bryant wrote:That is a prime example of what a tiny minority of our supporters like you simply do not get. A squad as threadbare as ours relies on utility players, it does not have the luxury you crave. Do you really really think Robbie would have been in centre midfield if Labadie had been fit for instance ? It is not Robbie's fault that Mike Flynn didn't entrust the likes of TOE to do the work off the ball that RW did.

No us tiny minority don't understand why he was being played at right wing back when we had Pipe and Reid on the bench , or why he was chosen in front of Dolan in midfield, then he had a poor game but played the full 90 , or left wingback and Butler was sat on the bench when in our opinion he didnt warrant or proved to be good enough in the positions. He played because MF altered the formation or dropped better players to get him in the side week after week. how long did Sheehan have to wait to get game time ? He was saying he was fit and needed game time to build up his fitness but many games he was left on the bench whilst Willmott got a full game eve if he was having a 'mare'
Ok he had a 'purple patch' when the 'glamorous games ' against Leeds and Spurs but how many 'run of the mill League games' did he play in that he was poor, but still kept getting picked. Who knows , with a full 11 v 11 we may have got into the play offs
Thats what you fail to grasp bt think the way to win your argument is to name call or belittle other fans views
And yes if Labadie had been fit MF would still have had him in the side at the expense of other players who were better suited to the role

Alan G Bryant wrote:So I ask a question you cannot or will not answer, and I am the tool? Classic
Hypocrite. I have asked you the same question at least four times and you haven't answered. Bit bloody rich of you to have a go at someone who won't answer your question.