Re: Worried?

I'm not worried. If Labadie & Nouble don't sign, then we need 6 players to make up a squad of 20 (one of which needs to be a permanent GK) then use possibly 5 loans as and when/if required.
I'd like to see Touray & Foulston not loaned out but rather, kept around the set up, training together with the squad of which they're part. Sending them off on loan we may not see them in a County shirt again (remember Joe Parker?)..... we need to keep this group of players together as a unit, thinking as one, training as one, competing for places etc.....
Supplement it with loan players, who could quite easily be ex-loan players returning to us.
We have the spine of a squad capable of competing, with a few additions, the right players signed first time, a few loans we'll be fine.
I don't wanna see players coming in, pay them wages and never give them a chance to see what they can do.

But it's still early days regarding signings, and like I said we only need maybe 6......previous seasons we were bringing players in just to fill shirts.... 11 in one summer IIRC.

I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a tad concerned? Not about signings, that seems to play out the same way most seasons (in fact I think we start on a much firmer base after last years decision to hand out 2 year contracts (assuming we can still afford them)), but about the recent rumblings on about the trust ownership model, looking for outside investors (what have we got to offer ?), and the some what perceived negativity about the whole relationship with the WRU and RP (cos let’s face it where else are we gonna go ?).

I hope my concerns are put to bed !!, in fairness & in general, they usually are.

UTC

Marky wrote:
owlsabout wrote:Mf will have same budget as last season so why the panic?
Because from mid-October last season our form was that of a side fighting for relegation.

I don't think it was quite as bad as all that.
From mid-October , starting with FGR (a) we played 34 games, in which we collected 43 pts from a possible 102 = 42.1%
We collected, 43 points in 34 games = 1.26 pts per game = 58 pts for a full season...definitely not relegation form.

newgroundrodney wrote:
Marky wrote:
owlsabout wrote:Mf will have same budget as last season so why the panic?
Because from mid-October last season our form was that of a side fighting for relegation.

I don't think it was quite as bad as all that.
From mid-October , starting with FGR (a) we played 34 games, in which we collected 43 pts from a possible 102 = 42.1%
We collected, 43 points in 34 games = 1.26 pts per game = 58 pts for a full season...definitely not relegation form.
The middle of October then, i.e. after the FGR game so it's 40 from 33, good enough to stay up but still fighting relegation.

somerton moss wrote:I am worried that Labs and Noubs late decision to sign new deals are delaying any new transfer targets.
Labs will be a big boost if he signs I am sure a few L.2 clubs are interested.
Cannot believe Noubs is taking so long because I cannot see many League 2 clubs queuing up to sign him and if he doesn't sign for us the non league awaits. imho.
Maybe, he's on holiday.

There will be loads of league two clubs who would sign him. If you look on other teams forums after we play them most comment that they’d love to have a striker like him - then you come back over here and everyone is slagging him off.

Admittedly he has games where he goes missing, but I don’t get the desire of most to get rid. We will have a downgrade if we have to replace him, I’ll put a bet on it.

The team isn't scoring enough goals. One of the reasons for this is that one of the main forward positions is occupied by Nouble who has a poor scoring record. He has scored only 31 goals in 228 career senior appearances. Compare that with Amond's record in English football which is 93 goals in 293 appearances. Nouble scores on average every 7 games. Amond every 3 games. That's a massive difference. We need a more effective partner for Amond.

rncfc wrote:There will be loads of league two clubs who would sign him. If you look on other teams forums after we play them most comment that they’d love to have a striker like him - then you come back over here and everyone is slagging him off.

Admittedly he has games where he goes missing, but I don’t get the desire of most to get rid. We will have a downgrade if we have to replace him, I’ll put a bet on it.
He’s not a striker. His goal return for a winger last season is second to none. I’d re-sign him but I’ve said for weeks I fear Orient will take him.

Bush wrote:
rncfc wrote:There will be loads of league two clubs who would sign him. If you look on other teams forums after we play them most comment that they’d love to have a striker like him - then you come back over here and everyone is slagging him off.

He’s not a striker. His goal return for a winger last season is second to none. I’d re-sign him but I’ve said for weeks I fear Orient will take him.
Agree with this, he’s definitely not a striker so you stattos out there , what sort of a provider is he? How many assists? At least 2 of the goals he scored this year had absolutely huge deflections , don’t tell me he planned them! :grin:

I’ll tell you what I’m worried about.
I saw an article today by Will Godfrey the chief executive of Newport city council.

He stated how he was unhappy that kevin ward leader of Newport bid and of course to us director of the county had sent an open letter to the Argus.

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/1 ... behaviour/

Will Godfrey goes on to say how they should be working together rather than putting it out in the media like this (and words to that effect).

Later in the article will talked about the positive relationship developing will buttress and the dragons.

Will Godfrey clearly outlined his dissapointment and I am going to post it on here so you can make from it what you want but my question is how are we going to build a positive relationship with the council if our own director is firing shots at the council in the public domain???

Just newport wrote:I’ll tell you what I’m worried about.
I saw an article today by Will Godfrey the chief executive of Newport city council.

He stated how he was unhappy that kevin ward leader of Newport bid and of course to us director of the county had sent an open letter to the Argus.

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/1 ... behaviour/

Will Godfrey goes on to say how they should be working together rather than putting it out in the media like this (and words to that effect).

Later in the article will talked about the positive relationship developing will buttress and the dragons.

Will Godfrey clearly outlined his dissapointment and I am going to post it on here so you can make from it what you want but my question is how are we going to build a positive relationship with the council if our own director is firing shots at the council in the public domain???

Yes I read that article and I would be interested in hearing from Newport citizens that disagree with Kevin's assessment of Newport City Centre. Friars walk, whilst aesthetically pleasing has left the rest of Newport a homeless no go zone and the council and Will Godfrey need to stop waffling and address it.