Re: Worried?

Alan G Bryant wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:Yes it is baffling how Flynny took a team 11 points adrift at the bottom of the table to an 11th place finish in 58 games.

Some Newport County fans have never been any different though, they will always single out players for criticism whilst proclaiming to be supporters. I recall Justin Edinburgh defending Danny Crow from the boo boys highlighting his unseen work off the ball, much the same as what Flynn has had to do with Robbie this season. The fact that our finishes were 9th & 11th during this time perhaps indicates that Justin & Mike know a little bit more about the game than Neil Cork and his cronies. Maybe he should take up that offer and attend training so he can understand the game a little better.
My goodness. In your book there is a hysterical minority and now cronies as supporters as well. You don't like any criticism of the club or players at all do you? My take is this - Neil pays his money so he is allowed to criticise. End of. Get over it.

As do I, you should try it
Ah, I see. In your book you are only allowed to criticise the club if you attend a certain number of games or are a season ticket holder. I don't get to as many games as some on here unfortunately. Still pay my money though.

However, these people who criticise are still cronies and the hysterical minority according to you. I sincerely hope that you are not too involved in some official capacity with the club with a view like that. Keep sticking your head in the sand and defend the club under all circumstances. That seems to be your ticket.

neilcork68 wrote:
Loyalfoot wrote:We need to trust M F and his game management as that's his job. We need to be constructive in our approach and feedback.

Wait until MF hits a bad patch , as he will...all managers get them ...You will be on here with the knives sharpened like many others who seem to think the sun shines out of his arse.....
Yes he did a fab job saving us and had a good season last year but IMO this season will be the one to judge him on now he is having to sign a few of his own players now players like Tozer has departed and maybe Nouble and Labadie to follow??
just remember the signings he made . How many of them improved us ???? Apart from the two loan signings and Amond his signings have not impressed , have they ???
Nouble....Does it when he feels like, most of the time he was a passenger
Reynolds.....been sent out on loan
Dolan....gets dogs abuse off some on here
Reid......signed but wasn't fit
Collins....two halves in two separate games he did ok but was poor overall
Osadabe...least said the better
Re signing Jackson....????????? WTF ?????
Willmott....had about 3/4 weeks where he did well......the rest of the time.....IMO and many others , poor
Hayes.......had one great half but his legs had gone and that was after the **** up about his registration
Sheehan..........hopefully he will get 100% fit with a good pre season behind him as he could be a star but he was a long way off the pace for weeks when he came to the club.The vast majority of the players he has used have been Feeney or Westleys signings
Agree with .most of that Neil.

Amberexile wrote:The only new player we had signed by this point last season was Wilmott.
Dolan was next, signed on June 7th
Then Reynolds on 27th and Nouble on 28th.
Trouble is the transfer window closes nearly a month earlier this season

daftasfxxx wrote:
Amberexile wrote:The only new player we had signed by this point last season was Wilmott.
Dolan was next, signed on June 7th
Then Reynolds on 27th and Nouble on 28th.
Trouble is the transfer window closes nearly a month earlier this season
The trouble is that the WRU is going prove to be the architect of our demise. Their actions have already had a negative impact on our playing budget, and further surprises maybe yet to come.

Thought I would look up Robbies stats as the likes of Bush & Cork continue to knock the fella.
I believe not up to league 2 standard is a popular comment on here.
Cambridge in Conference albeit a quality club 128 appearances 21 goals.
Sold to Luton another top quality conference club for £50K
Only player at luton to make Conferance team of the year.
54 games 14 goals
Newport County so far league 2 games only as first year part of our successful Conference promotion side also.
So far 101 with 6 goals.
Regular last season and played a big part in a good season all round.
Outstanding against Leeds.
The fella must despair at comments on here.
Before JE left our best player IMO.
Even in the wilderness at Chelmsford was voted player of the season.
Clearly nowhere near League 2 or even Conference standard as contributors tell us.
Only moan I would have is that he should be out wide every game his best position by a mile.
One of the first players on Flynnys team sheet and I hope that continues.

Loyalfoot wrote:Oh your joining in too.......We all have an opinion
Let me assist you. Corkie takes a view. He is entitled to do so. Jollysuperstar writes a long post fundamentally disagreeing. They both put forward coherent arguments as to why they believe they are right.

For someone like myself no longer living in the UK who only saw County five times last season both reads are interesting. To develop the debate I can add my view. That being that Wilmot is being used as a utility player by Flynn. I can see why Flynn does this but I feel that it is a mistake. Football is a team game and teams get better when they are settled. Also football is a team game not of 11 v 11 but of smaller teams of two or three all over the park. My opinion is that to get the best out of any player he needs to play in his best position week in, week out.

Three people, three divergent opinions. That is debate. Where I think that you are in error is that rather than debate you seem to want to impose your view on others. Saying we must trust Flynn and only give positive feedback. Or saying go and apply for the manager's job doesn't really add up to much.

jollysuperstar wrote:Thought I would look up Robbies stats as the likes of Bush & Cork continue to knock the fella.
I believe not up to league 2 standard is a popular comment on here.
Cambridge in Conference albeit a quality club 128 appearances 21 goals.
Sold to Luton another top quality conference club for £50K
Only player at luton to make Conferance team of the year.
54 games 14 goals
Newport County so far league 2 games only as first year part of our successful Conference promotion side also.
So far 101 with 6 goals.
Regular last season and played a big part in a good season all round.
Outstanding against Leeds.
The fella must despair at comments on here.
Before JE left our best player IMO.
Even in the wilderness at Chelmsford was voted player of the season.
Clearly nowhere near League 2 or even Conference standard as contributors tell us.
Only moan I would have is that he should be out wide every game his best position by a mile.
One of the first players on Flynnys team sheet and I hope that continues.

Disagree, 'not up to League standard' is mainly used when fans, myself included, mention it regarding his ability at RB or CM. Sorry, but anyone who thinks he's a Football League standard CM or RB are mental, and no, it's not his fault he gets played there.
Again, you mention his accolades, but they're always non league. I'm not even going into Chelmsford ffs, Welsh League standard at best.

IMO as a FL winger he's ok, sometimes he looks excellent but many other times he looks poor. Would not play him any other position because he's simply not good enough.