Re: Worried?

neilcork68 wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:That is a prime example of what a tiny minority of our supporters like you simply do not get. A squad as threadbare as ours relies on utility players, it does not have the luxury you crave. Do you really really think Robbie would have been in centre midfield if Labadie had been fit for instance ? It is not Robbie's fault that Mike Flynn didn't entrust the likes of TOE to do the work off the ball that RW did.

No us tiny minority don't understand why he was being played at right wing back when we had Pipe and Reid on the bench , or why he was chosen in front of Dolan in midfield, then he had a poor game but played the full 90 , or left wingback and Butler was sat on the bench when in our opinion he didnt warrant or proved to be good enough in the positions. He played because MF altered the formation or dropped better players to get him in the side week after week. how long did Sheehan have to wait to get game time ? He was saying he was fit and needed game time to build up his fitness but many games he was left on the bench whilst Willmott got a full game eve if he was having a 'mare'
Ok he had a 'purple patch' when the 'glamorous games ' against Leeds and Spurs but how many 'run of the mill League games' did he play in that he was poor, but still kept getting picked. Who knows , with a full 11 v 11 we may have got into the play offs
Thats what you fail to grasp bt think the way to win your argument is to name call or belittle other fans views
And yes if Labadie had been fit MF would still have had him in the side at the expense of other players who were better suited to the role

Why not send your CV to the Club and ask them if it's possible for you to join their coaching team, as third position adviser to the manager. He might just listen to you. You never know you might even become Newport County next manager.

If I was interested in becoming a coach or manager at the club I would apply. I have many coaching badges from when I used to coach kids years ago
I am in the process of setting up my own business , I have a wife who has recently had a serious heart attack and a family to look after as well as work full time.
I don't need keyboard warriors trying to organise my life for me or think they know better than me.
My posts are my views , as are yours, I don't care whether you agree with my views or what . they are my beliefs , right or wrong.
If you disagree with my views debate them, by all means but what I don't need are pathetic comments like , ''why not apply as you know better than the present manager.''

Take off your amber tinted specs because the moment MF hits a rough patch you and many on here will be on here with your negative views calling for his head.,
I believe I am not a 'happy clapper' or a 'doom monger' , just a realist . if you disagree then thats up to you and anyone else that does is entitled to their own views. It wont alter my views I believe I have watched .played enough football over my 50 years to know what I am talking about

neilcork68 wrote:If I was interested in becoming a coach or manager at the club I would apply. I have many coaching badges from when I used to coach kids years ago
I am in the process of setting up my own business , I have a wife who has recently had a serious heart attack and a family to look after as well as work full time.
I don't need keyboard warriors trying to organise my life for me or think they know better than me.
My posts are my views , as are yours, I don't care whether you agree with my views or what . they are my beliefs , right or wrong.
If you disagree with my views debate them, by all means but what I don't need are pathetic comments like , ''why not apply as you know better than the present manager.''

Take off your amber tinted specs because the moment MF hits a rough patch you and many on here will be on here with your negative views calling for his head.,
I believe I am not a 'happy clapper' or a 'doom monger' , just a realist . if you disagree then thats up to you and anyone else that does is entitled to their own views. It wont alter my views I believe I have watched .played enough football over my 50 years to know what I am talking about

I will reply to what you have just written in stages. The one I will reply to first is. You say that you have been playing football for over 50 years how is that possible. When according to your profile on here you are 49 years old?

The Newport wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:If I was interested in becoming a coach or manager at the club I would apply. I have many coaching badges from when I used to coach kids years ago

I will reply to what you have just written in stages. The one I will reply to first is. You say that you have been playing football for over 50 years how is that possible. When according to your profile on here you are 49 years old?

Neil didn't say he'd been playing football for over 50 years.

newgroundrodney wrote:
The Newport wrote:

Neil didn't say he'd been playing football for over 50 years.
Ok my mistake "he watched and played Football for over his 50 years". It's not possible to watch and play for over his 50 years if he's only 49 years old. If he had said between 30 and 40 years.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:
Taunton Iron Cider wrote: The trouble is that the WRU is going prove to be the architect of our demise. Their actions have already had a negative impact on our playing budget, and further surprises maybe yet to come.
I'd argue - spelt out on another thread - that them shoving us out would amount to cutting off their own nose to spite their face.
Anyone who has ever had a lodger knows that when you don't need their rent to pay your mortgage you're just glad to see the back of them.
For the analogy to work, the lodger would need to be the only one you could ever conceivably have should you change your mind. And with your own future enjoyment of the place totally dependent on a planning authority which might feel its own best interests were served by the tenant staying and eventually taking on shared ownership.

The City Council have set a precedent by selling Somerton Park for housing and profit, this on the basis of the previous tenant having gone bust and there being no further demand. So here is another potential scenario.

The WRU has purchased a stadium for a knockdown price of £3m, but for other commercial uses the site has a potential value of £9m plus. Two occupiers justify the continuing existence of RP, namely the Dragons and Newport County. The former is totally controlled by the WRU, and if current speculation is correct, the franchise could easily be moved to North Wales.

That leaves Newport County and a problem of how to deal with them, because as long as they wish to stay at RP obtaining planning for other uses will be more difficult to obtain. Legally they have a right to remain but because the agreement was badly written, opportunities exist to turn the financial screw and make occupancy uneconomic for them.

County move out, Dragons move out, WRU trouser £6m aided and abetted by a pathetic City Council.

Of course this will never happen, or could it??

Alan G Bryant wrote:That is a prime example of what a tiny minority of our supporters like you simply do not understand. A squad as threadbare as ours relies on utility players, and has to, it does not have the luxury you crave. Do you really really think Robbie would have been in centre midfield if Labadie had been fit for instance ? It is not Robbie's fault that Mike Flynn didn't entrust the likes of TOE to do the work off the ball that RW did.

What you simply do not understand is that we did not have to rely on playing RW out of position because we had better players than him in those positions that were on the bench. Simple.
IF we needed him to play out of position then fair enough, but we didn't.

Exile 1976 wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:That is a prime example of what a tiny minority of our supporters like you simply do not understand. A squad as threadbare as ours relies on utility players, and has to, it does not have the luxury you crave. Do you really really think Robbie would have been in centre midfield if Labadie had been fit for instance ? It is not Robbie's fault that Mike Flynn didn't entrust the likes of TOE to do the work off the ball that RW did.

What you simply do not understand is that we did not have to rely on playing RW out of position because we had better players than him in those positions that were on the bench. Simple.
IF we needed him to play out of position then fair enough, but we didn't.

Well the opinion that matters is that of Mike Flynn's. Mike clearly did not think he had better on the bench.

neilcork68 wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:That is a prime example of what a tiny minority of our supporters like you simply do not get. A squad as threadbare as ours relies on utility players, it does not have the luxury you crave. Do you really really think Robbie would have been in centre midfield if Labadie had been fit for instance ? It is not Robbie's fault that Mike Flynn didn't entrust the likes of TOE to do the work off the ball that RW did.

No us tiny minority don't understand why he was being played at right wing back when we had Pipe and Reid on the bench , or why he was chosen in front of Dolan in midfield, then he had a poor game but played the full 90 , or left wingback and Butler was sat on the bench when in our opinion he didnt warrant or proved to be good enough in the positions. He played because MF altered the formation or dropped better players to get him in the side week after week. how long did Sheehan have to wait to get game time ? He was saying he was fit and needed game time to build up his fitness but many games he was left on the bench whilst Willmott got a full game eve if he was having a 'mare'
Ok he had a 'purple patch' when the 'glamorous games ' against Leeds and Spurs but how many 'run of the mill League games' did he play in that he was poor, but still kept getting picked. Who knows , with a full 11 v 11 we may have got into the play offs
Thats what you fail to grasp bt think the way to win your argument is to name call or belittle other fans views
And yes if Labadie had been fit MF would still have had him in the side at the expense of other players who were better suited to the role

I think you are confused, I was the one that was called an idiot and a tool for having a different opinion. I am pretty sure I did not belittle anyone or call them names, if I did I apologise.

Bush wrote:I really hope Alan g Bryant isn’t really a board member. Where do we find someone cheaper than willmot to cover full back, midfield and wing?........ maybe use our academy to cover all 3 positions!!!
Well if I was on the board that would mean I was getting involved in team decisions, which is something that no board member should do in my opinion.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:The City Council have set a precedent by selling Somerton Park for housing and profit, this on the basis of the previous tenant having gone bust and there being no further demand. So here is another potential scenario.

The WRU has purchased a stadium for a knockdown price of £3m, but for other commercial uses the site has a potential value of £9m plus. Two occupiers justify the continuing existence of RP, namely the Dragons and Newport County. The former is totally controlled by the WRU, and if current speculation is correct, the franchise could easily be moved to North Wales.

That leaves Newport County and a problem of how to deal with them, because as long as they wish to stay at RP obtaining planning for other uses will be more difficult to obtain. Legally they have a right to remain but because the agreement was badly written, opportunities exist to turn the financial screw and make occupancy uneconomic for them.

County move out, Dragons move out, WRU trouser £6m aided and abetted by a pathetic City Council.

Of course this will never happen, or could it??
Unfortunately, that seems to me to be quite a distinct possibility. I just pray that the newer members of the board have a handle on things and can seriously influence events to stop this happening. The title of this thread is Worried? Hm, quite.

George Street-Bridge wrote: For the analogy to work, the lodger would need to be the only one you could ever conceivably have should you change your mind. And with your own future enjoyment of the place totally dependent on a planning authority which might feel its own best interests were served by the tenant staying and eventually taking on shared ownership.
As I said if County can persuade Newport City Council that the best interests of our community are served by developing a fit for purpose stadium for both codes then jointly owning Rodney Parade with the rugby and probably the city council is the best way forward.

If we remain merely as licencees paying rent the point will come when we will be told to go. I know it's painful for many on this board but on the issue of developing a fit for purpose stadium I have been right for the last sixteen years and those who have disagreed with me have been wrong. We all support the team, some of us support the club, others think that they support the club but actually merely support the regime in power. Sadly since reformation countless directors of Newport County have failed to engage our main problem. I genuinely hope that is now changing. If we can persuade Newport City Council that it is for the best to support both of the football clubs in Newport, Rugby and Football we have a future. If we can't it's Spytty and Saturday afternoons in Hampton, St Albans and Basingstoke.