Re: Worried?

Could somebody please explain to me why it is so difficult for some members to understand that criticism of the way the club is run is not an attack on the club. I genuinely find that difficult to understand. Nothing can ever be perfect and rosy in the garden. Certainly not at a football club in any case.

Why is it that some people support the decisions made with blind subservience and cannot tolerate any criticism at all. This puts the club at a distinct disadvantage.

Apart from a few away supporters, without exception, every single person who comes on this board airs their views because the County is their passion. If they didn't care, they wouldn't write on here. I just wish there was some way that we could tap into this. That would be beneficial to the club. C'mon the County.

pembsexile wrote:Could somebody please explain to me why it is so difficult for some members to understand that criticism of the way the club is run is not an attack on the club. I genuinely find that difficult to understand. Nothing can ever be perfect and rosy in the garden. Certainly not at a football club in any case.

Why is it that some people support the decisions made with blind subservience and cannot tolerate any criticism at all. This puts the club at a distinct disadvantage.

Apart from a few away supporters, without exception, every single person who comes on this board airs their views because the County is their passion. If they didn't care, they wouldn't write on here. I just wish there was some way that we could tap into this. That would be beneficial to the club. C'mon the County.

Morning Mike,

I think I can. Perhaps because we are all so passionate we all believe we are right. Therefore anyone who disagrees becomes almost the enemy within. Of course there are great minds, me and you to name but two, who are not only usually right but who are able to accept that on occasions we are wrong. :grin:

Trying to keep this light but it is a serious point. Football is not unlike a religion. The more committed we are, the more likely we are to see those who disagree as heretics. I would be lying if I didn't admit to sometimes reading my own posts and thinking 'for f@cks sake Bren, get some sense of perspective'.

Exile 1976 wrote:
jollysuperstar wrote:Thought I would look up Robbies stats as the likes of Bush & Cork continue to knock the fella.
I believe not up to league 2 standard is a popular comment on here.
Cambridge in Conference albeit a quality club 128 appearances 21 goals.
Sold to Luton another top quality conference club for £50K
Only player at luton to make Conferance team of the year.
54 games 14 goals
Newport County so far league 2 games only as first year part of our successful Conference promotion side also.
So far 101 with 6 goals.
Regular last season and played a big part in a good season all round.
Outstanding against Leeds.
The fella must despair at comments on here.
Before JE left our best player IMO.
Even in the wilderness at Chelmsford was voted player of the season.
Clearly nowhere near League 2 or even Conference standard as contributors tell us.
Only moan I would have is that he should be out wide every game his best position by a mile.
One of the first players on Flynnys team sheet and I hope that continues.

Disagree, 'not up to League standard' is mainly used when fans, myself included, mention it regarding his ability at RB or CM. Sorry, but anyone who thinks he's a Football League standard CM or RB are mental, and no, it's not his fault he gets played there.
Again, you mention his accolades, but they're always non league. I'm not even going into Chelmsford ffs, Welsh League standard at best.

IMO as a FL winger he's ok, sometimes he looks excellent but many other times he looks poor. Would not play him any other position because he's simply not good enough.
Would like to respond here.
Firstly I think the differnce between league 2 and the Conferance as it was is minimal.
Luton for sure and possibly Cambridge are bigger clubs than County.
How many of the current squad have had £50k transfers?
Secondly as robbie was picked in the best 11 Conferance team I would suggest those 11 players would possibly walk Division 2 and certainly give us a very tough game.
Where i feel you lost the plot Exile was stating that Robbie and I quote "At best in those positions is Welsh league standard and anybody is mental to think otherwise"
As Mike has played him in 39 games this season maily in those positions does he need to contact his medical centre urgentl.
I sure do as Robbie is for sure league 2 standard with over 100 games to proove it.

Few points from last 24 hours.
Disagrre with everything Alan G Bryant posts apart from sticking up with his views on Robbie
Calling him an utter tool is pathetic though.
Neil, for once in your life try to post something positive on here.
Your verbal stalking of Wilmott is scary.
You are a serious county supporter but its not clever stalking the fella via your keyboard
you should of accepted his offer to go down training and met the lad.
Bush you must be the only contributor who thinks Robbie is a better wing back than winger but I 100% agree with you on Big Frank.
I hope he stays but got the feeling he wont
Looking forward to next season and hopefully Robbie will play and Integral part in another good season for us.
lastly keep thinking you are capable of managing the County Corky, all good fun as long as you do not take yourself seriously on that point..

jollysuperstar wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
jollysuperstar wrote:Thought I would look up Robbies stats as the likes of Bush & Cork continue to knock the fella.
I believe not up to league 2 standard is a popular comment on here.
Cambridge in Conference albeit a quality club 128 appearances 21 goals.
Sold to Luton another top quality conference club for £50K
Only player at luton to make Conferance team of the year.
54 games 14 goals
Newport County so far league 2 games only as first year part of our successful Conference promotion side also.
So far 101 with 6 goals.
Regular last season and played a big part in a good season all round.
Outstanding against Leeds.
The fella must despair at comments on here.
Before JE left our best player IMO.
Even in the wilderness at Chelmsford was voted player of the season.
Clearly nowhere near League 2 or even Conference standard as contributors tell us.
Only moan I would have is that he should be out wide every game his best position by a mile.
One of the first players on Flynnys team sheet and I hope that continues.

Disagree, 'not up to League standard' is mainly used when fans, myself included, mention it regarding his ability at RB or CM. Sorry, but anyone who thinks he's a Football League standard CM or RB are mental, and no, it's not his fault he gets played there.
Again, you mention his accolades, but they're always non league. I'm not even going into Chelmsford ffs, Welsh League standard at best.

IMO as a FL winger he's ok, sometimes he looks excellent but many other times he looks poor. Would not play him any other position because he's simply not good enough.
Would like to respond here.
Firstly I think the differnce between league 2 and the Conferance as it was is minimal.
Luton for sure and possibly Cambridge are bigger clubs than County.
How many of the current squad have had £50k transfers?
Secondly as robbie was picked in the best 11 Conferance team I would suggest those 11 players would possibly walk Division 2 and certainly give us a very tough game.
Where i feel you lost the plot Exile was stating that Robbie and I quote "At best in those positions is Welsh league standard and anybody is mental to think otherwise"
As Mike has played him in 39 games this season maily in those positions does he need to contact his medical centre urgentl.
I sure do as Robbie is for sure league 2 standard with over 100 games to proove it.

Why didn't Robbie "walk division 2" then? So what if he was in the conference team of the season 6 years ago ffs?
Where i feel YOU have lost the plot Harps is your misquote of me. Read my post again, not once did i say he was Welsh League quality in those positions. I await your apology muc.
Different username, same old hypocrisy.

Got to come back again unfortunately
Where did I state Robbie was best in league 2 last season?
IMO he is clearly league 2 standard not the best in the current league
What misquote? "Welsh league standard at best" you stated.
What position - Goalkeeper?
Apology - What for?
to clarify I have one User name on this forum
Jolly Superstar
What hypocrisy I ask myself!
Reading your posts over a period of time you come across very aggressive in your responses especially if contributors do not agree with your sentiments.
We all have opinions.
I think Robbie is a good league 2 player you think he is Welsh league at best but I have no idea what position you are talking about?

jollysuperstar wrote:Got to come back again unfortunately
Where did I state Robbie was best in league 2 last season?
IMO he is clearly league 2 standard not the best in the current league
What misquote? "Welsh league standard at best" you stated.
What position - Goalkeeper?
Apology - What for?
to clarify I have one User name on this forum
Jolly Superstar
What hypocrisy I ask myself!
Reading your posts over a period of time you come across very aggressive in your responses especially if contributors do not agree with your sentiments.
We all have opinions.
I think Robbie is a good league 2 player you think he is Welsh league at best but I have no idea what position you are talking about?

Read my post again. You can't be that dull surely? Not once did i say HE was Welsh League standard.
You don't read posts properly Harps, you never have. Also I didn't say you said he was the best in League 2 last season.
I'm not aggressive, i just don't suffer fools gladly.
No problem with people disagreeing with me, just make sure you understand what it is you're disagreeing with first Harps. Don't deliberately misquote me

The Newport wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:If I was interested in becoming a coach or manager at the club I would apply. I have many coaching badges from when I used to coach kids years ago
I am in the process of setting up my own business , I have a wife who has recently had a serious heart attack and a family to look after as well as work full time.
I don't need keyboard warriors trying to organise my life for me or think they know better than me.
My posts are my views , as are yours, I don't care whether you agree with my views or what . they are my beliefs , right or wrong.
If you disagree with my views debate them, by all means but what I don't need are pathetic comments like , ''why not apply as you know better than the present manager.''

Take off your amber tinted specs because the moment MF hits a rough patch you and many on here will be on here with your negative views calling for his head.,
I believe I am not a 'happy clapper' or a 'doom monger' , just a realist . if you disagree then thats up to you and anyone else that does is entitled to their own views. It wont alter my views I believe I have watched .played enough football over my 50 years to know what I am talking about

I will reply to what you have just written in stages. The one I will reply to first is. You say that you have been playing football for over 50 years how is that possible. When according to your profile on here you are 49 years old?

Sorry Mr Pedantic , I am one month short of 50 and thats not counting the time when i was in my mums belly when she used to say I was going to be a footballer because I used to kick the shite out of her :lol:
Its worrying that your stalking me :lol: You seem obsessed by me on here because in the past you have asked me my full name , ( including my middle name ) my correct age to the day, what next , my telephone number ???? :wink:

Sorry I may be a while getting back to you with that because I am busy writing my CV to send to the club because i cant just be a fan with a view , whether that is right or wrong. In your views my views are obviously right because you want me managing your club :wink: If I am talking total bollox with my views about football, why would you want me in charge ??????

Going back to what Pembsexile said, I am a little concerned and half expect us to move back to Newport Stadium at some point - even if it means putting the boot in to Newport City (or unless they can blend into Newport County in some way).

I have to admit that I am uneasy with the WRU's involvement, and I suspect that they only want two teams at Rodney Parade - both of whom playing with an egg-shaped ball.

If only we could get a benefactor to build us a new ground at LG or Llanwern... ah well, back to reality.

countymadbel wrote:Really worried now, no signings in the pipe line now our best player linked to another club and our manager gone very quiet. Really hope you know what your doing Mike. :shock:
Don’t blame MF as the real villains are the WRU and their money grabbing strategy. What should have been a good season with a decent playing budget thanks to the cup run, will now likely be one of a fight for survival.
RP is about to become the graveyard of our ambitions.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
countymadbel wrote:Really worried now, no signings in the pipe line now our best player linked to another club and our manager gone very quiet. Really hope you know what your doing Mike. :shock:
Don’t blame MF as the real villains are the WRU and their money grabbing strategy. What should have been a good season with a decent playing budget thanks to the cup run, will now likely be one of a fight for survival.

Don't blame the WRU, blame the Board that set up the deal in the first place. If it was done properly, I'm sure the WRU wouldn't have been in the position to put the prices up anyhoo.

Exile 1976 wrote:

Don't blame the WRU, blame the Board that set up the deal in the first place. If it was done properly, I'm sure the WRU wouldn't have been in the position to put the prices up anyhoo.
There may have been loopholes, but was it really necessary for the WRU to have exploited them? I am certain that a more benevolent approach would have been adopted had we been a rugby and not football club.

The Welsh Rugby Union have only the best interests of Welsh Rugby Union clubs. The clue is in the name. To blame the WRU is rather akin to picking up a rattlesnake and then complaining about getting bitten.