Re: 100% increase in costs and 50k a year towards the new pi

At this stage, as unsustainable as the new level of charges may be, the most important thing is ascertaining whether we can continue there, on an ongoing basis medium/long term...... if not, then we need to know so that we can close down RP in our minds as a long term option.
We can't wait forever on this. We certainly cannot leave it til 2023.
So while staging costs are a concern, NOTHING is more important than finding out where we stand.

lowandhard wrote:It’s been a whole season since the WRU takeover, how come the BoD have taken this long to notify us that the club is contributing a third of the cost of the pitch? Again, if true of course, why weren’t we told that rent had doubled? Who agreed , if true, to such a crap contract that fees doubled overnight? Just some questions that need answering imho.

Have a bloody word with your boy, mate, and tell him he's not welcome to family get togethers if he doesn't reduce the cost to us. :lol:

lowandhard wrote:It’s been a whole season since the WRU takeover, how come the BoD have taken this long to notify us that the club is contributing a third of the cost of the pitch? Again, if true of course, why weren’t we told that rent had doubled? Who agreed , if true, to such a crap contract that fees doubled overnight? Just some questions that need answering imho.
I agree but to develop.

It's too late now to do anything about the past. For me Newport County need to make the case to both the Dragons and Newport City Council that it's in all our interests for County to be a partner and not a tenant of Dragons.

If the City Council can be persuaded to invest in the development of Rodney Parade, if County can bring to the table the monies that football can generate and the Dragons can be persuaded that it is in their best interest to have a share in a superb stadium and that this is better than owning outright a run down Rodney Parade then in my view we can all win.

The WRU won't in my view sell Rodney Parade for development. Not because they are not capable of such skulduggery but because Newport City Council can make the property worthless by denying planning permission. If Newport City Council were to do so it would anger too many voters.

The contract was negotiated by the previous regime , the current board have just inherited it. Reading between the lines it seems that the WRU are a little smarter than RP were in terms of prising extra money from us whilst still under the terms of the contract.