Single Use Plastics

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44305775

Football leagues in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland are being urged to stop using single-use plastic.

A House of Commons committee has written to the chairmen of the four leagues to encourage them to follow the example of England's Premier League.

It plans to phase out single-use plastics in its operations and supply chains over the next two years.

Does this mean some of the seats at RP will revert to being made from wood?

:cheers: :lol:

PS: The term 'plastics' in relation to some supporters is not lost on me either!

Re: Single Use Plastics

What about plastic coffee cup lids? Surely they can be washed, sterilised and re-used? Stirrers should be washable and reuseable.
All this talk about the state of the oceans, it's not plastic that's the problem, it's LITTERING that's the problem.
Although with so many different forms of recycling from city to city in the UK, what we could do with is a standard recycling approach nationwide. So when you finish with your coffee cup at York City, the disposal is the same as Yeovil Town....one standard process.

Do football clubs even recycle anyway? All I ever see is black bags for mixed general rubbish. Nothing separating plastic from paper, or crisp packets from polystyrene,and never a food waste only bin.

newgroundrodney wrote:What about plastic coffee cup lids? Surely they can be washed, sterilised and re-used? Stirrers should be washable and reuseable.
All this talk about the state of the oceans, it's not plastic that's the problem, it's LITTERING that's the problem.
Although with so many different forms of recycling from city to city in the UK, what we could do with is a standard recycling approach nationwide. So when you finish with your coffee cup at York City, the disposal is the same as Yeovil Town....one standard process.

Do football clubs even recycle anyway? All I ever see is black bags for mixed general rubbish. Nothing separating plastic from paper, or crisp packets from polystyrene,and never a food waste only bin.
Years ago at Heybridge Swifts, I remember being served my halftime cuppa in real cups. Very civilized.

newgroundrodney wrote:What about plastic coffee cup lids? Surely they can be washed, sterilised and re-used? Stirrers should be washable and reuseable.

"Coffee cup recycling at YEOVIL ???"

Think one of our fans tried that once ........ :shock:

Willthiswork wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Years ago at Heybridge Swifts, I remember being served my halftime cuppa in real cups. Very civilized.
And no two cups were the same pattern! :grin:
Last season I went and watched Newport County's Academy away at Risca in the FAW Youth Cup, managed to get a cuppa in this: