Re: Supporter Unity

For some time, since the takeover really, I've been of the opinion that "fund raising" and "regular donation" are two different sides of the same coin.
I have also believed that everything we do in fundraising terms, needs to be underpinned by regular donation. I like your analogy of ' one pint a week, or a coffee, or a bag of chips'.....yes, you're absolutely right, in that we need to think of that sort of amount of money as almost a throw away amount. An amount that we personally can afford. This was the thinking behind my ' Buy the Club a pint' idea.... a way in which people could donate the monthly equivalent of a pint a week.
If half of our home support were to do that, we'd raise £285,000 a year. This is entirely possible by doing this through the B&R Scheme, or if it's taken on, my recently repeated idea of the 'NCAFC County for Life' scheme, in which fans can secure their seat, Trust membership and B&R donation in one single payment, for those who wish to use such a system.

To me, all of the other measures you highlight are a bonus, an extra, a supplement, all added on top of a good regimen of regular donation.

I still think the £10 a pint idea would work. Do this every 4/6 weeks (venue tbd) and it would raise quite a bit I reckon. Just to be clear, this £10 would be for your first pint, not all of them. Think of the publicity it would generate, I can see the headlines now - Newpôrt County charge fans £10 a pint. Glorious frivolity but very serious.

NGR - you have some great ideas for ticket arrangements. I would also like to see some sort of ticket system where for the season you could buy blocks of 3, 6, 9 tickets etc. This would primarily be aimed at the Exiles like me who cannot work out their County commitments at the start of the season. For that reason a season ticket is a no-goer for me but I would still like to contribute.

Edit. Since I posted this I have seen your post regrading the 12 Flexi ticket. Great incentive. We could even include a six ticket Flexi pack.
Last edited by pembsexile on June 3rd, 2018, 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

As you know Taff I'm not a massive fan of these blogs & I hold my hand up to being 1 of those that's been reluctant to work with the other groups, mainly because as you say " not many people support the other groups "
When we put Smile Council events on we didn't see the support from others in the different groups & that puts you kind of on the back foot & you end up being negative towards others, my biggest " bug bear " with SC events was the fact that we were putting them on to raise funds for the academy yet we had very little response from the parents of the academy kids.
You're spot on, it has to change, we all have to put the " dinosaur outfits " away & pull in the same direction. UTC

I can only speak on behalf of myself but the one thing that may put people off is the amount of supporter groups out there, along with the Trust. Would it not be beneficial to join forces and promote one group rather than a couple of splinter groups? At least fans will then not be confused as to the modus operandi of each group.