Re: The Newport County AFC 'Super 12' Flexi Ticket ....

newgroundrodney wrote:I'm off to sleep now cos I been in work all night.
End of the day, The Club will run with some ideas, and reject others. I believe there's a group of fans it would benefit.
But you can't have a designer ticket to suit the demand of every supporter. I'd go along with a six ticket package as happens at Plymouth. You don't have to nominate the games, but it's a good idea to do so for high demand games - first and last of the season, Portsmouth and I suppose Sunderland this year.

It's a voucher book which would need bureaucracy around security printing, re-ordering, vouchers needing to be tallied.

The thing about STs is they provide cash flow when the club needs it. But if you see them as already a loss-maker, why risk adding another loss-maker to the list?

A substantial number of people must buy STs knowing they won't get to anywhere near the full number of games so in those cases they are a mechanism for making a donation to the club. Mrs Street-Bridge and I in effect pay double the walk-up rate, with the benefit that we get seats with a good view among people we like sitting with.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:What I said on the ticketmaster thread applies equally here. There is the argument that if you never do anything you never make a mistake. It is though an erroneous argument,

Never doing anything is the biggest mistake of them all.

Are we supposed to just agree with his idea then? It's great NGR is putting out suggestions but I thought he put that up to get our thoughts on it, start a discussion... is it wrong to highlight any potential concerns or 'downsides'?

Exile 1976 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:What I said on the ticketmaster thread applies equally here. There is the argument that if you never do anything you never make a mistake. It is though an erroneous argument,

Never doing anything is the biggest mistake of them all.

Are we supposed to just agree with his idea then? It's great NGR is putting out suggestions but I thought he put that up to get our thoughts on it, start a discussion... is it wrong to highlight any potential concerns or 'downsides'?

Absolutely not. However look at the manner of the questioning. Do QPR do it, if not why not? The general idea of a discount for multi purchase works. Can NGR's idea be refined? Yes.of course, but just trawl back there are some posters on here who rarely if ever see the positive side of any suggestions.