Re: List of released players

Looking at released players from League 1 and 2 teams there are a few who would boost our team and add quality.
Jordan Roberts released from Crawley a good midfield player who scores and creates.
Jermaine McGlashan released from Southend a pacey and skilful player who assists with goals.
Liam Feeney released by Cardiff at 32 years will be looking for a club to end his career and why not Newport ?
Other names Zak Mills ex. Grimsby, Nathan Smith LB from Yeovil,
Adam McGurk from Morecombe and Chris Dagnall ex. Crewe both strikers who have ability and potential 15 plus goal scorers
All the players would add quality to our squad.

somerton moss wrote:Looking at released players from League 1 and 2 teams there are a few who would boost our team and add quality.
Jordan Roberts released from Crawley a good midfield player who scores and creates.
Jermaine McGlashan released from Southend a pacey and skilful player who assists with goals.
Liam Feeney released by Cardiff at 32 years will be looking for a club to end his career and why not Newport ?
Adam McGurk from Morecombe and Chris Dagnall ex. Crewe both strikers who have ability and potential 15 plus goal scorers

Why would we want players rejected by clubs finishing below us in League 2?

Players who have the ability and skill level for League 2 and above do not always perform at the club they sign for they move on and flourish at a new club. Happens all the time in football. If you look at the players I mentioned in detail and their background you can see they are good enough to wear the amber shirt.

somerton moss wrote:Players who have the ability and skill level for League 2 and above do not always perform at the club they sign for they move on and flourish at a new club. Happens all the time in football. If you look at the players I mentioned in detail and their background you can see they are good enough to wear the amber shirt.
Surely if they were that good, they would have been offered contract extensions.

Mcgurk signed a two year deal at Portsmouth.He scored all of two goals in his first season,they then payed him off.Cambridge signed him on two year deal.He fails to score in his first season,they payed him off.He only manages six games for Morecambe last season and they release him.Come on Somerton,we can aim a bit higher than mediocrity can't we.

Cornish Exile wrote:
somerton moss wrote:Looking at released players from League 1 and 2 teams there are a few who would boost our team and add quality.

Why would we want players rejected by clubs finishing below us in League 2?
Like when we signed labadie?

With no money in the coffers we will not be signing many,hope we can get some money to mike asap via someone with financial clout,but i doubt it as unfortunately our board are not in the position to splash the cash,need a business consortium involved asap as our current set up is untenable.

I don't know what his fitness record is but I liked the look of Troy Archibald-Henville, just released by Exeter, when he played for Carlisle a couple of years ago.

[Edit: Nope, only one game last season and three in 2016-17 and he's several years older than I thought..]

[Edit to edit: Local paper says in fact "solid option for the Grecians so far this season, making 21 appearances, despite not being able to play twice a week" but I'd rule him out on the last count.].