TICKETMASTER..... ?

Most seasons I get to around 8-10 home games at Loftus Road. I usually buy online during the Members' Presale period. Frequently my ticket for my "usual seat" will be priced at £31 (which includes a discount for restricted view).
So I either have the ticket loaded onto the turnstile and use my plastic membership card to gain entry, or I use the 'Print at Home' option......
Either way, Ticketmaster adds £3.50 in transaction charges, even though there's no P&P, it's my paper, my ink, my electric, but they charge £3.50 nonetheless...

Over the years I have simply learned to see it as part n parcel of the ticket price.

Will the same arrangements apply when we start getting NCAFC tickets using their platform?
It was mentioned at the meeting but nobody addressed the point of charges added on.

Re: TICKETMASTER..... ?

newgroundrodney wrote:Most seasons I get to around 8-10 home games at Loftus Road. I usually buy online during the Members' Presale period. Frequently my ticket for my "usual seat" will be priced at £31 (which includes a discount for restricted view).
So I either have the ticket loaded onto the turnstile and use my plastic membership card to gain entry, or I use the 'Print at Home' option......
Either way, Ticketmaster adds £3.50 in transaction charges, even though there's no P&P, it's my paper, my ink, my electric, but they charge £3.50 nonetheless...

Over the years I have simply learned to see it as part n parcel of the ticket price.

Will the same arrangements apply when we start getting NCAFC tickets using their platform?
It was mentioned at the meeting but nobody addressed the point of charges added on.

Cant recall seeing any prices but I believe its the same as you say

neilcork68 wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:Most seasons I get to around 8-10 home games at Loftus Road. I usually buy online during the Members' Presale period. Frequently my ticket for my "usual seat" will be priced at £31 (which includes a discount for restricted view).

Cant recall seeing any prices but I believe its the same as you say

That'll be popular with some then!

Alan G Bryant wrote:Seems like the QPR ' super 12 flexi ticket ' would be perfect for you. Do they do one ? If not why not ?

They do a 'Flexi 6' but I'm not usually at the ground long enough to queue, and also, due to the excruciating lack of leg room there are only certain seats I can use. I need to be online as soon as the sales open to secure the seat I like.. Block T...Row L ... seat 93

perhaps next season the moderators could put a cap on the amount of times you start a thread with qpr or shoehorn qpr into an existing thread.

At it's heart NGR's idea is an old and tested marketing policy. Discount for multi purchase. Why any right thinking individual would believe that NGR is responsible for marketing decisions made by QPR is beyond me.

Thank goodness for supporters like NGR. As for those who dismiss their ideas with passive aggression, you must make of them what you will.

I have no knowledge of the dealings of Ticketmaster, but if their involvement added, say £2 to the cost of a ticket, it would be a good argument for buying a season ticket. Attending 18 matches would work out at Ticketmaster pocketing the equivalent of two matches if you used their services.

excessbee wrote:I have no knowledge of the dealings of Ticketmaster, but if their involvement added, say £2 to the cost of a ticket, it would be a good argument for buying a season ticket. Attending 18 matches would work out at Ticketmaster pocketing the equivalent of two matches if you used their services.
For the casual supporters, those who watch County a few times a season would not the 'involvement' of Ticketmaster adding 'say £2 to the cost of a ticket' be an equally 'good argument' for saying f@ck it I'll subscribe to Skysports/go to the pictures/have a few beers/etc, etc

It is not necessary to explicitly show the fees paid to Ticketmaster on the system when selling tickets.
Any fee set will be agreed between the club and Ticketmaster and shared between the two parties.
It can be shown as an additional charge or included in the ticket price.
We will have been paying fees to the previous ticketing system provider but I would suspect the fees for Ticketmaster will be higher.
The club need to decide how they will cover this increase in costs with the least impact on the gate.
Some people were clamouring for an improved ticketing system when we were selling Leeds and Spurs tickets, it would be a shame if implementing such a system resulted in people not attending matches but somebody has to cover the costs.

Amberexile wrote:It is not necessary to explicitly show the fees paid to Ticketmaster on the system when selling tickets.
Any fee set will be agreed between the club and Ticketmaster and shared between the two parties.
We will have been paying fees to the previous ticketing system provider but I would suspect the fees for Ticketmaster will be higher.
The club need to decide how they will cover this increase in costs with the least impact on the gate.
Some people were clamouring for an improved ticketing system when we were selling Leeds and Spurs tickets, it would be a shame if implementing such a system resulted in people not attending matches but somebody has to cover the costs.

Why can you buy material goods online cheaper but tickets are more expensive? Quite simply because British people are stupid and pay.

Did you know that in international trade the UK is known as treasure island? The French think you're mad paying a fortune for houses. The Germans think you're mad paying a fortune for football tickets. The Turks think you're mad for paying a fortune for fruit. I could go on.

Here in Ireland I watch Sligo Rovers. 15 euro to sit in the stand. I pay at the gate and am given a ticket. Standard similar to League 2, crowds slightly lower than County, about 2,000 on average. Sligo a town of 25,000.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:It is not necessary to explicitly show the fees paid to Ticketmaster on the system when selling tickets.

Why can you buy material goods online cheaper but tickets are more expensive? Quite simply because British people are stupid and pay.

Did you know that in international trade the UK is known as treasure island? The French think you're mad paying a fortune for houses. The Germans think you're mad paying a fortune for football tickets. The Turks think you're mad for paying a fortune for fruit. I could go on.

Here in Ireland I watch Sligo Rovers. 15 euro to sit in the stand. I pay at the gate and am given a ticket. Standard similar to League 2, crowds slightly lower than County, about 2,000 on average. Sligo a town of 25,000.
Fees for buying tickets is a world-wide phenomenon, it is not restricted to Britain.
I doubt pay on the gate would have been successful for the Leeds and Spurs games.
None of which is particularly relevant to the fact that the club has listened to fans' concerns over ticketing and implemented a superior system that doubtless comes with additional costs.
Having taken that progressive step, they now need to take care over the consequences of doing so. They have options, it will be interesting to see how they progress.

I always find it a bit funny when stewards ask to see your ticket, when all you have is a membership card that lets you through a turnstile. No PHYSICAL ticket exists. No block or seat numbers to refer to, no printing costs, no postal charges or handling to do, because there IS no ticket......yet they still want £3.50 off you!
As I said, youjust need to view it as part of the ticket price.

Aren't traders now obliged to make extra charges clear up front?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
excessbee wrote:I have no knowledge of the dealings of Ticketmaster, but if their involvement added, say £2 to the cost of a ticket, it would be a good argument for buying a season ticket. Attending 18 matches would work out at Ticketmaster pocketing the equivalent of two matches if you used their services.
For the casual supporters, those who watch County a few times a season would not the 'involvement' of Ticketmaster adding 'say £2 to the cost of a ticket' be an equally 'good argument' for saying f@ck it I'll subscribe to Skysports/go to the pictures/have a few beers/etc, etc
It'll certainly have that effect on me.

Mind you I haven't got my £42 back from the club for posting my Port Vale away tickets so late that they arrived after I'd left for the match...