Re: Get your disabled parking requests in early?

George Street-Bridge wrote:Colin and the DSA have been tireless in promoting and defending access for disabled supporters, something the club seemed to take very little interest in beforehand.
The treatment of people living with disabilities is something that shames the overwhelming majority of football clubs. We rightly ensure that racist and homophobic abuse are not allowed in stadiums but too often the needs of people with a whole variety of disabilities are overlooked. It is of course not just football clubs which fail but society in general.

Absence of parking, slanted walkways, access to food, bars, toilets etc are simply not considered in the scheme of things. If you look at the title of this thread it makes the point. If I find myself in the UK unexpectedly I am lucky that I can easily access a game. If I had a disability which required me to park in very close proximity to the ground I would not have the option. My very best wishes to the DSA in their efforts to change this.

I've said this before but when we moved to RP, not having set foot there since about 1971, I was staggered that the redevelopment seemed to have neglected access for the less mobile to the extent it had. Particularly given rugby's history of spinal injuries.

It's a win/win - disabled customers are just that, customers. And anyone reading this might find they need disabled access for themselves or someone they watch games with the very next time they go and for all others after that.

George Street-Bridge wrote:I've said this before but when we moved to RP, not having set foot there since about 1971, I was staggered that the redevelopment seemed to have neglected access for the less mobile to the extent it had. Particularly given rugby's history of spinal injuries.

It's a win/win - disabled customers are just that, customers. And anyone reading this might find they need disabled access for themselves or someone they watch games with the very next time they go and for all others after that.

Even you and me agree sometimes. :grin: