Frank off to Colchester?

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

Threadbare

Posts

36

Re: Frank off to Colchester?

Postby Threadbare » June 14th, 2018, 12:11 am

I am not pretending to know.
Now , again, for the sake of transparency, spill the beans.

Of course you won't.

At least all who read this thread can now form their own opinion on your character.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

9294

Re: Frank off to Colchester?

Postby Stan A. Einstein » June 14th, 2018, 12:17 am

Threadbare wrote:Assuming I am correct in knowing who your source is I


That could be true.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

9294

Re: Frank off to Colchester?

Postby Stan A. Einstein » June 14th, 2018, 12:19 am

Threadbare wrote:I am not pretending to know.


And that could be true.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

9294

Re: Frank off to Colchester?

Postby Stan A. Einstein » June 14th, 2018, 12:20 am

But one must be a lie.

Night, night.
no avatar
User

Threadbare

Posts

36

Re: Frank off to Colchester?

Postby Threadbare » June 14th, 2018, 12:25 am

Or your misinterpretaion.
As always you try to deflect and manipulate the truth and the questions.

As a man of your professional standing I would have thought that you would be better served word sparring with your peers instead of trying to lord it over this board.

Perhaps you aren't up to dealing with your adversaries and choose your debating targets on here ?
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

9294

Re: Frank off to Colchester?

Postby Stan A. Einstein » June 14th, 2018, 12:30 am

Threadbare wrote:Or your misinterpretaion.
As always you try to deflect and manipulate the truth and the questions.

As a man of your professional standing I would have thought that you would be better served word sparring with your peers instead of trying to lord it over this board.

Perhaps you aren't up to dealing with your adversaries and choose your debating targets on here ?


When you make a total t!t of yourself and just in case you aren't aware you just have, your best bet is to shut up and not draw too much attention to yourself.
no avatar
User

Threadbare

Posts

36

Re: Frank off to Colchester?

Postby Threadbare » June 14th, 2018, 12:57 am

Really ?
And how have I made "a total tit " of myself ?
Normal tactic of you, when you are bested you resort to insults.
Probably why you spend too much time on here and not doing the things you saud you wanted to do in Ireland, and comment less.

You really are an arrogant individual.
no avatar
User

Taunton Iron Cider

Posts

1847

Location

Taunton

Re: Frank off to Colchester?

Postby Taunton Iron Cider » June 14th, 2018, 6:07 am

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Bush wrote:There’s no way even the most inexperienced chairman ever would ever agree a deal for Newport county to make a manager less than 12 months into the job the most expensive paid manager in the league. I refuse to believe the rest of the board would stand for that anyway.


I know where you're coming from but........

The most inexperienced chairman ever did agree such a deal. The rest of the board did stand for it. Although in fairness the newly elected representatives were presented with a fait accompli.


The Board does tend to leak like a sieve and for that reason I believe that there is substance to Stan’s allegations. It would also account for Flynn’s obvious love in with our Chairman, because not only has he seemingly been awarded a ridiculous pay rise, but if it was necessary, the Club would never be in a financial position to remove him from post.
User avatar
User

Mr Figo

Posts

629

Re: Frank off to Colchester?

Postby Mr Figo » June 14th, 2018, 6:25 am

Surely a request to the club regarding the percentages spent on management/ player salaries against net turnover will give a rough idea? Presumably that is a valid request by a shareholder and the club have the figures for this season.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

9294

Re: Frank off to Colchester?

Postby Stan A. Einstein » June 14th, 2018, 7:14 am

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Bush wrote:
The Board does tend to leak like a sieve and for that reason I believe that there is substance to Stan’s allegations. It would also account for Flynn’s obvious love in with our Chairman, because not only has he seemingly been awarded a ridiculous pay rise, but if it was necessary, the Club would never be in a financial position to remove him from post.


Could I ask you to consider this?

I am given information. I have no reason to doubt that the information that I am given is true. But I believe everyone should think for themselves and try as best they can to make their own minds up on the evidence. And playing Devil's advocate for a moment, it is possible that notwithstanding my belief either my informant(s) is/are accurate it is possible that either they are mistaken or less likely but still possible that I am being played.

However let me explain why I am convinced.

There are three of the new directors who not only post on this board and who identify themselves when they do post. Which is commendable. I don't speak of them.

Now my belief, and in my view you would have to be very naive to believe otherwise is that other directors have either posted incognito on this board or had other people post on their behalf.

I usually find that analysis of what people do is a far better indicator of real belief than what people say. It strikes me as significant that whilst a lot of incognito posters seem anxious to find out who the person or persons briefing me are, they don't seem to be questioning the veracity of the revelations.
User avatar
User

Amberexile

Posts

5369

Location

Sheffield

Re: Frank off to Colchester?

Postby Amberexile » June 14th, 2018, 8:00 am

Bush wrote:There’s no way even the most inexperienced chairman ever would ever agree a deal for Newport county to make a manager less than 12 months into the job the most expensive paid manager in the league. I refuse to believe the rest of the board would stand for that anyway.


If the figures quoted above are correct, he would have been nowhere near the highest paid league 2 manager at the time. Not even the highest paid at a trust run club.
no avatar
User

faerun exile

Posts

666

Re: Frank off to Colchester?

Postby faerun exile » June 14th, 2018, 8:28 am

Amberexile wrote:
Bush wrote:There’s no way even the most inexperienced chairman ever would ever agree a deal for Newport county to make a manager less than 12 months into the job the most expensive paid manager in the league. I refuse to believe the rest of the board would stand for that anyway.


If the figures quoted above are correct, he would have been nowhere near the highest paid league 2 manager at the time. Not even the highest paid at a trust run club.


Correct. One example is Exeter. Tisdale £160K+, Perryman £80K+.
no avatar
User

County#9

Posts

191

Re: Frank off to Colchester?

Postby County#9 » June 14th, 2018, 8:30 am

Now I don't blame anybody in football for getting what they can out of the game as it's their livelihood and have families to look after.

What does baffle me is that if the figures as quoted are correct then how can we afford this and struggle to attract players/keep players because we can't afford it . I've heard Frank wanted 2k a week and we couldn't pay that ? Not that i was a big Frank lover because the lad had great ability it was just his work ethic .

Ben tozer who for me was a good player for us and we couldn't keep him also.

Can't believe for the life of me a manager at any football league club can earn this much more than a player . Yes MF deserved a new contract on more money because he's done a tremendous job but seriously if and I say if the figures are correct I find it truly unbelievable .

It's not MF to blame if the club have given him this he's just an employee but if we are paying this the club need to seriously haves look at themselves .

Utc
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

9294

Re: Frank off to Colchester?

Postby Stan A. Einstein » June 14th, 2018, 8:48 am

County#9 wrote:Now I don't blame anybody in football for getting what they can out of the game as it's their livelihood and have families to look after.

What does baffle me is that if the figures as quoted are correct then how can we afford this and struggle to attract players/keep players because we can't afford it . I've heard Frank wanted 2k a week and we couldn't pay that ? Not that i was a big Frank lover because the lad had great ability it was just his work ethic .

Ben tozer who for me was a good player for us and we couldn't keep him also.

Can't believe for the life of me a manager at any football league club can earn this much more than a player . Yes MF deserved a new contract on more money because he's done a tremendous job but seriously if and I say if the figures are correct I find it truly unbelievable .

It's not MF to blame if the club have given him this he's just an employee but if we are paying this the club need to seriously haves look at themselves .

Utc


You, me and everyone tries to get the best wages they can. Michael Flynn can't be criticised. For what it's worth you can make a logical argument that the amount paid is fair. Although he didn't make the point well, Alan Briant's point that perhaps most of the present fan base will be happy those are Flynn's wages is perhaps right.

For me as the owners of the club we are entitled to know the details and in my view as new directors had been elected it was wrong to have negotiated a contract before they took up office and were in a position to have input. My opinion is that the directors make decisions about how the club is run and the owners us, pass judgement on their performance.
no avatar
User

jollysuperstar

Posts

107

Re: Frank off to Colchester?

Postby jollysuperstar » June 14th, 2018, 8:54 am

Few points to make.
There is no mole on the board.
Every board member has family friends as does the management team as does everybody employed by the County.
We are not in North Korea.
Everybody will talk to colleagues, friends etc.
Myself I talk to a number of directors have a few good mates who were top players for County in there day.
Got good friends who are very close to Flynny , Wayne etc.
I am told loads of things which I keep to myself until possibly those people have moved on and will cause no damage to my team.
As above Flynny at £70K is no where near top paid in league 2.
As stated Tisdale was on £150K in 2016 when the average was still around £50K.
Got no reason to disbelieve Stan.
His contact is for sure not a Director.
was laughing when Theale suggested AGB was Gavin but think its a possibility.
Hope not as I have no problems with Gavin.
Threadbare is imo for sure a Director.
Would suggest our Directors do not go into a tail spin over these facts.
If Flynny is on £110k best of luck although its madness.
if we go up this season money well spent.
Not happy about the £60K severance though.
I am still more concerned at lack of a single signing and its now the 14th June!
I would not have reported Flynny pay but each to their own.
The time would be when the begging bowl comes out again and it will.
Come on Flynny get us some new quality players in as there must be a few still left out there.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Powered by phpBB ®