Re: Frank off to Colchester?

SULLY34 wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:It'll be interesting to see if a replacement can be brought in that will score more than 10 goals and provide more than 5 assists as that apparently isn't good enough for a lot of our fans...
He was hit and miss and I still can't work out whether I'm a fan or not????? But like you said, can we bring someone in who can score more than 10 goals.......not with our budget!
The budget is the same as last season.

Tony Soprano wrote:
SULLY34 wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:It'll be interesting to see if a replacement can be brought in that will score more than 10 goals and provide more than 5 assists as that apparently isn't good enough for a lot of our fans...
He was hit and miss and I still can't work out whether I'm a fan or not????? But like you said, can we bring someone in who can score more than 10 goals.......not with our budget!
The budget is the same as last season.
If they're telling the truth :)

I’d be considerably less worried about losing Tozer and Nouble if we actually showed any sign of signing somebody : we obviously can’t hang on to anyone because of the shit wages so as we appear to only be able to afford peanuts..........then I fear the worst because we were told that Frank actually wanted to stay!

Exile 1976 wrote:
Baladabadi wrote:
Alex Samizadeh will fill Nouble's boots no problem.

I know Hamid, i know, if it was up to me I'd sign him just for you mate.
How do I make my dream a reality. :grin:

Exile 1976 wrote:Board Members:- Is there any truth to the rumour that we have accepted a bid from Port Vale for Amond ??????
Interesting. Vale are certainly after a striker. They were chasing a player recently but the deal stalled because Vale wouldn’t actually pay anything for him (owner is a total clown).

But Amond is under contract to us. And Vale have spent nothing on transfer fees in ages, actually reduced their wage bill in January, escaping relegation by a single point, their owner is looking at possibly ( but probably not) buying a non-league club...he really is an embarrassing clown.

But yeah, never say never, I suppose.

lowandhard wrote:I’d be considerably less worried about losing Tozer and Nouble if we actually showed any sign of signing somebody : we obviously can’t hang on to anyone because of the shit wages so as we appear to only be able to afford peanuts..........then I fear the worst because we were told that Frank actually wanted to stay!
Their movement was more probably to do with the fact that they were both offered 2 year contracts.

Frank goodness for that.
Now he has gone criticising the way County play and that he was not allowed to play through the middle.
He is not irreplaceable and will not miss his lazy demeanour (while Amond is running his nuts off), not tracking back and giving CB's a hard time a heavyweight playing like a lightweight in boxing terms vice versa for Padraig.
Labs will be a bigger miss if he does not sign.

somerton moss wrote:Frank goodness for that.
Now he has gone criticising the way County play and that he was not allowed to play through the middle.
He is not irreplaceable and will not miss his lazy demeanour (while Amond is running his nuts off), not tracking back and giving CB's a hard time a heavyweight playing like a lightweight in boxing terms vice versa for Padraig.
Labs will be a bigger miss if he does not sign.

I wish Frank and his family all the very best for the future - he clearly liked it here and is not leaving County on a sour note which says a lot about the club currently.

However , I totally agree with Somerton's comments. Everybody seems to be getting nostalgic - so many times last season I came away from games frustrated with Frank's performance - he only started to show what he could do when a new contract was up for grabs. Headers if he did win any was woeful despite the physical attributes to do so, he couldn't pass, he had slow reactions and only really played and showed his ability in big games (Spurs being one of them as well as Stevenage first game of the season and obviously Chesterfield). Not enough I'm afraid -10 goals was flattering in my opinion - 3 of which came in one game.
I really wanted Frank to prove me wrong when I went to games but I never really saw a player who could perform on a consistent basis unfortunately.