Re: Frank off to Colchester?

JonD wrote:But Amond is under contract to us. And Vale have spent nothing on transfer fees in ages, actually reduced their wage bill in January, escaping relegation by a single point, their owner is looking at possibly ( but probably not) buying a non-league club...he really is an embarrassing clown.

But yeah, never say never, I suppose.
The local press report that Vale are about to announce the signing of a striker from a league club , for whom they will be paying a fee.

Cornish Exile wrote:
JonD wrote:But Amond is under contract to us. And Vale have spent nothing on transfer fees in ages, actually reduced their wage bill in January, escaping relegation by a single point, their owner is looking at possibly ( but probably not) buying a non-league club...he really is an embarrassing clown.

The local press report that Vale are about to announce the signing of a striker from a league club , for whom they will be paying a fee.
which newspaper is that?

Mr Figo wrote:
Cornish Exile wrote:

which newspaper is that?

This one ...

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/f ... ed-1653652

Exile 1976 wrote:
Mr Figo wrote:
Cornish Exile wrote:
which newspaper is that?

This one ...

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/f ... ed-1653652
Though that article (and their transfer policy to date in 2018) suggests they’re after someone who’ll turn out to be younger than Amond.

Edit: 1 of 2 Peterborough forwards seem to be in the frame, plus a guy from Stockport.