Re: Frank off to Colchester?

KALS wrote:I don't think too many players take so much notice of unofficial message boards that those comments will convince them to leave. There are only a couple of things that decide these things,
Length of contract and Money. The silence from both Labs and Frank should tell everybody what they want to know.
They have till the end of the month anyway so they would be sill to sign until they check every option available to them.

Bush wrote:
KALS wrote:I don't think too many players take so much notice of unofficial message boards that those comments will convince them to leave. There are only a couple of things that decide these things,
Length of contract and Money. The silence from both Labs and Frank should tell everybody what they want to know.
They have till the end of the month anyway so they would be sill to sign until they check every option available to them.
They can't have, Flynny gave them a months deadline I thought and that'll be up pretty soon.

I've looked up the rules which are that the player has 28 days to accept a new contract offer. This offer has to be made within 7 days of the first Saturday in May. This means that they have until 10th June at the latest to accept.

30th June is when their contract with County expires. Strictly speaking they are not free to negotiate with another club until they have rejected County's offer but in practice I guess that that rule is pretty well unenforceable.

Exile 1976 wrote:
G Guest wrote:Do people think that Flynn is instructing Frank to play as a winger or is it that playing alongside the touchline is his natural game and he can't help it? I think it's the latter.

Flynny has mentioned it no end that he plays Frank as a striker, i agree with you that i think it's more Frank pulling out wide naturally rather than play through the middle
I actually had a conversation with Frank (be it online) about this exact subject. He claimed to me that he has played as a winger all season (apart from a few games where he was told it was 2 up top) - I asked him why he played so wide and he said he was told to play there instead of him naturally drifting out wide.
I also said that MF has continually told us all that Frank was a striker and he basically responded in the same fashion saying that he was being asked to play as a winger!!!

Make of that what you will - who is being more economical with the truth????

bignbeefy wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
G Guest wrote:Do people think that Flynn is instructing Frank to play as a winger or is it that playing alongside the touchline is his natural game and he can't help it? I think it's the latter.

Flynny has mentioned it no end that he plays Frank as a striker, i agree with you that i think it's more Frank pulling out wide naturally rather than play through the middle
I actually had a conversation with Frank (be it online) about this exact subject. He claimed to me that he has played as a winger all season (apart from a few games where he was told it was 2 up top) - I asked him why he played so wide and he said he was told to play there instead of him naturally drifting out wide.
I also said that MF has continually told us all that Frank was a striker and he basically responded in the same fashion saying that he was being asked to play as a winger!!!

Make of that what you will - who is being more economical with the truth????

given that he was playing Wilmott on the other wing I would agree with what your saying..IMO it looks like MF likes the 5-2-3 system

owlsabout wrote:Arron collins just signed on loan Colchester
That's not good. Newport boy makes good, comes home, does well, season ends, and then he takes up a place somewhere other than back home, for a team in the same division.
Is that any indication I wonder as to how keen players will be to join / return to us?

SULLY34 wrote:
excessbee wrote:'Comes home, does well' is stretching it a bit.
I thought apart from 45mins against Luton that he was very poor. Not the player we need in a small squad. Can't believe Wolves gave him a new 1 yr deal and then send him on loan for the whole year ????
He had a decent 10 minutes at Yeovil!

Cornish Exile wrote:
SULLY34 wrote:
excessbee wrote:'Comes home, does well' is stretching it a bit.
I thought apart from 45mins against Luton that he was very poor. Not the player we need in a small squad. Can't believe Wolves gave him a new 1 yr deal and then send him on loan for the whole year ????
He had a decent 10 minutes at Yeovil!
During the half time kick about ?? :)

newgroundrodney wrote:
owlsabout wrote:Arron collins just signed on loan Colchester
That's not good. Newport boy makes good, comes home, does well, season ends, and then he takes up a place somewhere other than back home, for a team in the same division.
Is that any indication I wonder as to how keen players will be to join / return to us?
The last County loanee to sign for Colchester was Tommy O'Sullivan. Didn't do his career much good.