Re: Frank off to Colchester?

JonD wrote:John Aldridge would turn in his grave. If he was dead.
Same surname as me but no relation.
If you think we will find another Aldo at South Liverpool best of luck.
Seriously if Flynny had told him to stay in the middle those stats would of been double what we got.
Limited no way, frustrating of course, quality yes, lazy not really, possibly pissed off with comments on here maybe
What would you all rather Nouble kicking off next season up front with Padraig or maybe 2016-2017 when we went down to Mansfield 3-2.
3 up front were Marlon, Rigg And Myrie Williams.
And contributors do not rate big Frank.
Just got to keep shaking my head!!

Bush wrote:
I think he would be very happy to be playing in a side where the wingers scores 10 goals and makes 5 assists.
But to accommodate this prolific winger (a goal every 394 minutes) we tend to play with only one striker. Wouldn't you like to know what Amond (and a new strike partner) might achieve if the ball spent a bit more time in front of goal rather than on Frank's toe a few feet from the touchline?

I'm not arguing that Frank contributes nothing, I am saying "I know what he offers, it's a bit "meh", and I am not averse to having something different that might help the side more".

If Frank stays then sure, I look forward to another season of him being Frank.

G Guest wrote:Do people think that Flynn is instructing Frank to play as a winger or is it that playing alongside the touchline is his natural game and he can't help it? I think it's the latter.

Flynny has mentioned it no end that he plays Frank as a striker, i agree with you that i think it's more Frank pulling out wide naturally rather than play through the middle

jollysuperstar wrote:
possibly pissed off with comments on here maybe
Stop trying to guilt trip people into silence with this nonsense. What if Dolan reads that comment about him having a poor season? If Nouble was the outstanding talent in the squad people wouldn't have to keep parroting out "10 goals and 5 assists" every few minutes like some sort of nervous tick, no-one ever mentions Amond and Labadie's statistics.

Blimey so lets worry if Matty hears a little bit of critiscm on here but its open season on Big Frank & Robbie to give them dogs abuse that's okay as they are clearly the 2 fall guys.
Of course you are correct in that 10 goals and 5 assists from out wide is not worth mentioning as dozens since we got back in the league have similar stats (NOT)
the reason you do not hear Padraig and Labs stats is because nobody is whinging about them as they have both had good seasons for us albeit Labs only partly.
To keep you happy
Frank 45 games 9 league goals out wide
Padraig 43 games 13 league goals 4 more than Frank and played up the middle every game.
Labs in 2 seasons when not injured or banned 46 in total and 6 goals.
Marky take a chill pill for goodness sake
That is why I will continue to say get off big Franks case
Guess what all the players and BOD know what is written on here even if through third parties.

owlsabout wrote:Frank is like marmite you either like or dont, personally i dont and thats only my opinion, for me i wd rather have a striker that scores goals and puts a shift in IE amond. Frank went missing far to much last season we need more than the odd step over 10 / 15 mins once a month .
Owls respect to you mate.
I do like a bit of Marmite.
Only 4 goals less than Padraig despite not putting full shifts in and going missing.
Not me saying that though.
Love to see a bit of flair in the team and a few step overs.
All flair players get grief.
Chapman on his day was brilliant but lost the plot, similarly Randall.

Exile 1976 wrote:
G Guest wrote:Do people think that Flynn is instructing Frank to play as a winger or is it that playing alongside the touchline is his natural game and he can't help it? I think it's the latter.

Flynny has mentioned it no end that he plays Frank as a striker, i agree with you that i think it's more Frank pulling out wide naturally rather than play through the middle
Start of the season I thought it was frank pulling out wide and not the manager playing there but the fact it continued all season means either the manager did tell him to play there or he has no control over his players and even those not listening to him continue to get picked and even offered contracts.

I don't think too many players take so much notice of unofficial message boards that those comments will convince them to leave. There are only a couple of things that decide these things,
Length of contract and Money. The silence from both Labs and Frank should tell everybody what they want to know.