Re: Frank off to Colchester?

Exile 1976 wrote:10 goals and 5 assists isn't too bad a return by Frank.
For all those contributors who have continually given Big Frank grief.
Please tell me the last County player to obtain the figures Exile has listed above from a wide attacking player
I appreciate he came into the middle against Chesterfield and look what happened.
IMO by a mile the most talented player on our books last season possibly since we got back in the league.
Totally frustrating at times but brilliant to watch him do something classy or muck up.
That's the joy of football
Its a total myth that he only turns up for the first month and the last few games when contracts are in the offing
Scored against Accrington in Nov and Grimsby in January.
Saw him away at FGR & Swindon. 6 points and he played well both games.
Please tell me who else could score his volley at the end of a good season for us.
Goal of the year by a mile.
Sure like Robbie he reads this forum or certainly gets to here the comments.
Wouldn't blame him one minute in thinking lets move on as not appreciated at Newport.
Perhaps the likes of Dean Morgan or any other journey man would suit you more.
Matt Dolan has had a poor season but gets little crtiscm.
It looks like everybody jumps on the wagon.
2 fall guys big Frank & Robbie.
Think he will be gone and for sure I will miss the excitement and frustration next season without him..

jollysuperstar wrote:
Please tell me the last County player to obtain the figures Exile has listed above from a wide attacking player
I appreciate he came into the middle against Chesterfield and look what happened.
IMO by a mile the most talented player on our books last season possibly since we got back in the league.
Totally frustrating at times but brilliant to watch him do something classy or muck up.
Its a total myth that he only turns up for the first month and the last few games when contracts are in the offing
Please tell me who else could score his volley at the end of a good season for us.
Wouldn't blame him one minute in thinking lets move on as not appreciated at Newport.
Think he will be gone and for sure I will miss the excitement and frustration next season without him..

I don't think I have ever questioned the guys ability on here , just his attitude at times......IMO he spends too much time on the wing just watching the game pass him by. He should be doing more.
That said its hard to say what he could do as sometimes it looks like he doesn't know what he is going to do with the ball :wink:

As for having a go at Dolan . Yes he makes loads of unforced errors and may put under pressure because of it but he works his nuts off in games.
He is IMO a typical League 2 player. Capable of brilliance ( his free kicks and set piece delivery ) and frustrating that he can **** up a simple 10 yard pass and cost us a goal by giving the ball away in a dangerous position

It's a gross overstatement to say that Nouble is by far the most talented player on our books. Surely Amond must rate more highly than him, to name just one. Labadie, as an all round player, is streets ahead of Frank. Labadie is also a better striker. Frank is a dead end, going nowhere.

G Guest wrote:It's a gross overstatement to say that Nouble is by far the most talented player on our books. Surely Amond must rate more highly than him, to name just one. Labadie, as an all round player, is streets ahead of Frank. Labadie is also a better striker. Frank is a dead end, going nowhere.
Padraig is an excellent goal poacher if he gets the service.
Nice touch but imo big Frank has the most talent for any player in county colours since our return to the league.
Not arguing that he drifts out of the game sometimes is frustrating again at times but when things come off he can raise the roof.
never mentioned an all round player.
if fit and not getting yellows and Reds Labs would be first choice in the side but talent (no comparison).
Just my opinion.
Will be very sad if he does go which seems likely
Quite happy to have "a dead end going nowhere" who gets us 10 goals and 5 assists from out wide.
Silly comment imo.

jollysuperstar wrote:
Here here

Frank's best contribution was surely his cool as a cucumber finish in the first few minutes against Spurs when the ball broke to him on the edge of the box. One touch then he bent it superbly around Michael Vorm. Without that goal we might never have reached the FA Cup semi-final.

No, wait.

He's frustrating, yes. And he gets dumped on by supporters for making the same mist-, errm, misjudgements time and time again. I'm not really sure what his job is on that pitch. He's like an undercover winger, and has proven incapable of developing any kind of partnership with the other forwards in our squad.

If you're happy for more of the same then bully for you. I'd be quite happy to see someone else come in, someone with a bit more brain, who might click with Amond and give us something to cheer about rather than howl in frustration.

I'm with Harps on this one. Be careful what you wish for, as I find it hard to believe that any replacement will be anywhere near as influential on the rest of the team or as dangerous in the minds of the opposition. He makes space for others and gives us some authority in games - if we end up with a replacement "striker" who just lazes around up top waiting for the midfield to create something for him, he may be waiting a while with Labadie out injured.

rncfc wrote:I'm with Harps on this one. Be careful what you wish for
I get that. It'd of course be a shocker if Flynnie goes out and snaps up the next Marlon Jackson. But by the same token, the thought of another season of Nouble, with all his limitations, makes me feel rather depressed.

JonD wrote:
rncfc wrote:I'm with Harps on this one. Be careful what you wish for
I get that. It'd of course be a shocker if Flynnie goes out and snaps up the next Marlon Jackson. But by the same token, the thought of another season of Nouble, with all his limitations, makes me feel rather depressed.
10 goals and 5 assists is limitations im willing to put up with!