Re: Incoming players

Exile 1976 wrote:I can't recall if he was any good or not against us but his stats for last season as a forward are not good.
1 League goal last season. Though he did score a hat trick against Guiseley in the FA Cup.

According to Wikipedia didn't play last season

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:I can't recall if he was any good or not against us but his stats for last season as a forward are not good.
1 League goal last season. Though he did score a hat trick against Guiseley in the FA Cup.

According to Wikipedia didn't play last season

Never, ever take anything you read on Wikipedia as fact. He played a few games last season including scoring that hat trick in the cup and coming on as an 89th minute sub in their 5-0 thrashing of us.
26 appearances last season (9 starts) in all competitions, 4 goals (1 league, 3 Cup)

His recent form is 15 goals in 72 games for 3 clubs all of whom, could arguably be described as broadly similar to ourselves.

Now 15 goals in 72 games equates to 10 goals in a 46 game season....in reality, if he were an 'ever-present' he'd likely get nearer to 20 goals than 10, simply because his eye for goal would be honed.
As I always say regarding signings, it's all about THE OTHER PLAYERS AROUND YOU.... stats cannot help him with that, only Flynny and his team mates can do that.

If he is joining us, I say with the potential for 15 goals a season (all in different matches I hope) we give him a fair go.

newgroundrodney wrote:His recent form is 15 goals in 72 games for 3 clubs all of whom, could arguably be described as broadly similar to ourselves.

Now 15 goals in 72 games equates to 10 goals in a 46 game season....in reality, if he were an 'ever-present' he'd likely get nearer to 20 goals than 10, simply because his eye for goal would be honed.
As I always say regarding signings, it's all about THE OTHER PLAYERS AROUND YOU.... stats cannot help him with that, only Flynny and his team mates can do that.

If he is joining us, I say with the potential for 15 goals a season (all in different matches I hope) we give him a fair go.

Where did you get you info from as I make it the following:- last three clubs (Mansfield, Plymouth, Cambridge), 13 goals in 72 apps Broken down as :-

Mansfield:- 4 goals in 26 apps
Plymouth:- 3 goals in 28 apps
Cambridge:- 6 goals in 18 apps

I know you say he has 'potential for 15 goals a season' but he is yet to score more than 6 goals in a season or play more than 32 times a season in all competitions.
Not sure why this is though, is he injury prone or did each club simply not think he was good enough to be first choice??

Exile 1976 wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:His recent form is 15 goals in 72 games for 3 clubs all of whom, could arguably be described as broadly similar to ourselves.

Where did you get you info from as I make it the following:- last three clubs (Mansfield, Plymouth, Cambridge), 13 goals in 72 apps Broken down as :-

I know you say he has 'potential for 15 goals a season' but he is yet to score more than 6 goals in a season or play more than 32 times a season in all competitions.
Not sure why this is though, is he injury prone or did each club simply not think he was good enough to be first choice??
......................................................................................................................................................................................
This from Wiki indicates that he made NO APPEARANCES for Mansfield:

2014–2016 Notts County.... 29 (6)
2016 Cambridge United 18 (6)
2016–2017 Plymouth Argyle 25 (3)
2017– Mansfield Town 0 (0)
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 15:49, 16 May 2017 (UTC)

newgroundrodney wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:

......................................................................................................................................................................................
This from Wiki indicates that he made NO APPEARANCES for Mansfield:

2014–2016 Notts County.... 29 (6)
2016 Cambridge United 18 (6)
2016–2017 Plymouth Argyle 25 (3)
2017– Mansfield Town 0 (0)
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 15:49, 16 May 2017 (UTC)

Wikipedia is wrong mate. Genuinely do not know why anyone would use it for info.
A quick check would show he played 26 times for Mansfield last season, and the fact he came on against us !
This bbc report on his hat trick in the cup and the fact he failed to score in his previous 16 games for Mansfield

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42126516