Re: New C.O.O

Lenwearesaved wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote: For every penny we spend on off field staff, it detracts from the playing budget.

I hope this finally resonates.
I just watched Stan Einsteins latest video on YouTube. He says that the commercial managers job is to bring money into the club and that you are not right to say that detracts from the players buget as he should be paid out of the money he brings in.
You do realise that he is not a club spokesman, don't you?

excessbee wrote:
Lenwearesaved wrote:
I just watched Stan Einsteins latest video on YouTube. He says that the commercial managers job is to bring money into the club and that you are not right to say that detracts from the players buget as he should be paid out of the money he brings in.
You do realise that he is not a club spokesman, don't you?
I never said he was a club spokesman. I just watched his video and think he is right thats all I said.

AGB Newport council are not spending 12 million on Newport Market they are loaning developers money for which they will recieve interest. Could we afford interest on 3 million quid. We should not be skint with the money we have earned over the last few years. Yet we are something has gone seriously wrong with us managing our finances

Amberexile wrote:
Lenwearesaved wrote:
I never said he was a club spokesman. I just watched his video and think he is right thats all I said.
That's the problem when you quote a truism and use it to "prove" a non sequitur, some people believe it.
No idea what that pompous crap means but basically what Stan said is correct
Of course he is not a spokesman for anybody but talks a lot of sense
All you lads up on the clouds should be happy today lots of it up there for a change

jollysuperstar wrote:We haven't got a Commercial manager but a young girl with no experience filling the position
Saving us a lot on the wage bill but powers to be hoping it will all one day click into place
Again all Micky Mouse

As harsh as this is , it is the real world and it rings true. The board who have made these appointments have done so spending as little money as possible with terrible recruitment processes. Those men are accountable for the shambles we are in.

I was shouted down for raising it on the appointment of the new COO who is totally misplaced for this role. The board had other options who applied and were even their preferred choice for the role but the board took the one they could get the cheapest. The selected candidate has zero commercial experience or results to add to the in-experienced young lass who is expected to be the main source of revenue for the club outside of ticket sales. A totally inept and failing strategy and management model the board are overseeing and it will be the death of this club.

a total false economy

Cornish Exile wrote:
jollysuperstar wrote:We haven't got a Commercial manager but a young girl with no experience filling the position
Saving us a lot on the wage bill but powers to be hoping it will all one day click into place
Again all Micky Mouse

Two questions Jolly:-

1. Have you read her c.v.

2 How have you obtained details of her salary.
She was a sales manager for a nuffield health centre. Selling gym memberships to potential members . direct one on one sales to market front facing.

prior to that she was a sales manager for a student union. More direct sales to the union members and promoting club nights.

A good background for a sales exec role, make no mistake. But to be solely responsible for signage, ticketing, partnerships, sponsorships, contra arrangements, supply deals etc ......extremely under qualified. NO fault of hers.

jollysuperstar wrote:No criticism given
To answer Cornish it was fully publicised that the board had decided to employ a young lady with little experience who would be trained up presumably by Alex who as we know has moved on
Unfortunately the lady went on long term sick leave clearly this cannot be helped but our Commercial dept is so important apart from the squad I would say next in line in importance
We have a New Coo who one would assume will carry on teaching her about her roll
Just think somebody vastly experienced should of been employed
To answer Cornish she would clearly not be on the same package as an experienced fully trained Commercial manager
Not knocking either.
A lost opportunity I feel

The big problem in that scenario is the previous CEO had zero commercial expertise or experience himself, exactly the same as the new COO.

we have untrained, unqualified people leading and training young untrained and unqualified people.

It is appalling in its dysfunction.

Alan G Bryant wrote:Build a squad that performs well and the commercial / merchandise department will take care of itself.

This is perhaps one of the most alarmingly ignorant and naive statements ever made on here regarding professional sports club management. For some reason from previous posts I understand Alan may have something to do with the running of our club? If so, here for all to see, in broad daylight, is a major reason for our current failings and precarious positon off pitch.
:x

Alan G Bryant wrote:
jollysuperstar wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:Build a squad that performs well and the commercial / merchandise department will take care of itself.
AGB
Seriously that is one of the daftest statements I have ever read on here
After we drew Tottenham Hotspur in the FA cup a Malaysian university contacted the club and paid us to wear their name on our sleeves.

Why is it a daft statement?
because an experienced and proactive commercial manager would have already farmed out the opportunity and probably had agencies doing the same and would have had two or three offers and options on the same property for more money......

Beechwooddragon's points are well made and he obviously has first-hand expereince of the subject matter on which he has covered off. (This is directed at Harps)That said it counts for jackshit - we don't need a 'consultant's' observations of cause and effect or putting the world to right on an unofficial forum. I'll also hazard a guess you he gets paid for what he does in his area of expertise. What we do want/need is people actually making a difference inside the club and giving of their time. So, even though Harps is a big fan of yours - it's a 'no thanks' for me until and when you get 'stuck in' because guess what? you remind me of the parents 'chipping away' from the touchline when the other parent coaches are doing their bit week in week out.