Re: New C.O.O

jollysuperstar wrote:We haven't got a Commercial manager but a young girl with no experience filling the position
Saving us a lot on the wage bill but powers to be hoping it will all one day click into place
Again all Micky Mouse

Two questions Jolly:-

1. Have you read her c.v.

2 How have you obtained details of her salary.

No criticism given
To answer Cornish it was fully publicised that the board had decided to employ a young lady with little experience who would be trained up presumably by Alex who as we know has moved on
Unfortunately the lady went on long term sick leave clearly this cannot be helped but our Commercial dept is so important apart from the squad I would say next in line in importance
We have a New Coo who one would assume will carry on teaching her about her roll
Just think somebody vastly experienced should of been employed
To answer Cornish she would clearly not be on the same package as an experienced fully trained Commercial manager
Not knocking either.
A lost opportunity I feel

Alan G Bryant wrote:Build a squad that performs well and the commercial / merchandise department will take care of itself.
AGB
Seriously that is one of the daftest statements I have ever read on here

jollysuperstar wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:Build a squad that performs well and the commercial / merchandise department will take care of itself.
AGB
Really. I've only been familiar with this forum for a few months but there has been far dafter statements on here recently IMO, especially ones about us being locked out of RP, and so broke we can't afford to sign players. A successful team always seems to me the best way way of incresing commercialbility. Having said that i will admit that our merchandising can only be described as amateurish at present

jollysuperstar wrote:
AGB
After we drew Tottenham Hotspur in the FA cup a Malaysian university contacted the club and paid us to wear their name on our sleeves.

Why is it a daft statement?

You really want me to explain
You need a skilled trained person to run a Commercial dept.
Great a Malaysian college pays so much for a logo on the shirts but that has to be handled correctly
What you are saying is if we are successful this season any Tom Dick or Harry would be able to
Make a financial success for the club
Now what if we are not successful this season
No Commercial set up runs itself whether they are successful or not

jollysuperstar wrote:You really want me to explain
Great a Malaysian college pays so much for a logo on the shirts but that has to be handled correctly
What you are saying is if we are successful this season any Tom Dick or Harry would be able to

Rebecca Hemming, Newport County Commercial Manager. 8 years experience in sales management since graduating in 2010..

Not what I would call an inexperienced young girl.

They do say dogs are like their owners Cornish
By chance do you own a Jack Russell
You must be missing Stan not being able to bite your teeth into him
She is a young lady who I am hoping will do well in the world but she was the cheap option
We can ill afford time to train somebody up
I really hope she brings in a fortune in sponsorship and ideas over the years for us though
Sounds like we need it again unfortunately but that was a different thread I believe
How many days till you next spar with our Stan then?

jollysuperstar wrote:They do say dogs are like their owners Cornish
By chance do you own a Jack Russell
You must be missing Stan not being able to bite your teeth into him
She is a young lady who I am hoping will do well in the world but she was the cheap option
We can ill afford time to train somebody up
I really hope she brings in a fortune in sponsorship and ideas over the years for us though
Sounds like we need it again unfortunately but that was a different thread I believe
How many days till you next spar with our Stan then?
Oh dear Jolly, you should really change your user-name.

I was merely pointing out a few facts, which seem to contradict your negative innuendo.

No need for the insults.

Harps,Cornish has pointed out that she has worked in Sales/Marketing for eight years since graduating.There is no need to train her up,Alex had merely mentioned that he helped her settle in when she first arrived.I would think that is good company policy for any new employee.

jollysuperstar wrote:You really want me to explain

You criticise the club so much, yet understand so little, it is genuinely staggering.

The majority of the commercial work is done in the summer by approaching companies to renew or sign up for boxes, advertising or match day sponsorship for the forthcoming season. This was highlighted by Rob Sant posting on here not long after the season finished that they were calling sponsors old and new to present them with sponsorship opportunities. The club also released details of the new digital corporate brochure to coincide with this sales push. I am not sure if this was successful, I am assuming it was, but I guess time will tell.

The hospitality aspect is more reactive and fluctuates depending on how we are performing or who we are playing.