Re: New C.O.O

Percy plunkett wrote:Harps,Cornish has pointed out that she has worked in Sales/Marketing for eight years since graduating.There is no need to train her up,Alex had merely mentioned that he helped her settle in when she first arrived.I would think that is good company policy for any new employee.

She graduated in criminology and psychology. This is her 5th job in 8yrs.
It hasn't worked out so far due to her illness, no that's not her fault, but hopefully she can get well and start making us some serious, much needed money. Definitely took on the wrong person though imo.
Last edited by Exile 1976 on July 26th, 2018, 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cornish Exile wrote:
jollysuperstar wrote:They do say dogs are like their owners Cornish
By chance do you own a Jack Russell
You must be missing Stan not being able to bite your teeth into him
She is a young lady who I am hoping will do well in the world but she was the cheap option
We can ill afford time to train somebody up
I really hope she brings in a fortune in sponsorship and ideas over the years for us though
Sounds like we need it again unfortunately but that was a different thread I believe
How many days till you next spar with our Stan then?
Oh dear Jolly, you should really change your user-name.

I was merely pointing out a few facts, which seem to contradict your negative innuendo.

No need for the insults.
Come on Cornish
No insults at all
You are like a Jack Russell waiting to snap away at the first opportunity
Admit it
All good fun
I know you miss Stan

Seriously and I do hope she gets a fortune in funds for us but to say she has worked in sales and marketing for 8 years means nothing
We have ladies in our sales office taking orders for far more than 8 years but that wouldn't t make them a suitable candidate for a Commercial manager
Proof in the pudding sure you are all correct and will do a good job but I still think it was the wrong choice imo

Percy plunkett wrote:Harps,Cornish has pointed out that she has worked in Sales/Marketing for eight years since graduating.There is no need to train her up,Alex had merely mentioned that he helped her settle in when she first arrived.I would think that is good company policy for any new employee.
Percy
That's not the case
She didn't come in running.
Of course she needed to be trained and that was confirmed by the board

Pay peanuts get monkeys. Unfortunately this culture within Newport county has to change to get any progress off the pitch.

Credit to the directors who even with full time jobs have ended up running the commercial department and even getting us sponsorship. There’s people on here sticking up for volunteers who won’t open a door to make the shop look open for business yet haven’t said a peep about our directors with full time jobs actually running the commercial department.

AGB
If what you say is correct why have a Commercial manager at all if they are only needed for a couple of months in the summer
You are correct in that the lady was on the sick so Rob organised the contacting in her absence
If you think I am unbelievable look at yourself in the mirror
No clouds today so you must be a little down

Bush wrote:Pay peanuts get monkeys. Unfortunately this culture within Newport county has to change to get any progress off the pitch.

Credit to the directors who even with full time jobs have ended up running the commercial department and even getting us sponsorship. There’s people on here sticking up for volunteers who won’t open a door to make the shop look open for business yet haven’t said a peep about our directors with full time jobs actually running the commercial department.
Best post on this topic Bush
Total sense

Bush wrote:Pay peanuts get monkeys. Unfortunately this culture within Newport county has to change to get any progress off the pitch.

And therein lies the problem , invest in the off field infrastructure that will be to the detrament of the playing squad and end up back in non league with a prompt ticketing process and a lovely shop.

Alan G Bryant wrote:

And therein lies the problem , invest in the off field infrastructure that will be to the detrament of the playing squad and end up back in non league with a prompt ticketing process and a lovely shop.
Clueless
I really am now concerned that you maybe on the board
If not please never apply.

Alan G Bryant wrote:

Hang on a minute. You are the one who came on here and equated running the finances of a football club to that of running a car. If a car has several problems that need fixing, engine, brakes, tyres etc, you get them all repaired. You don't tinker, you get them all done.

Skate Exile wrote:The girl has done ok in my opinion as she had very big shoes to fill, One of the directors publicly said the club didn’t have to rush to make an appointment because all the work was done before the season started.

In what way has she 'done ok' ???

pembsexile wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:

Hang on a minute. You are the one who came on here and equated running the finances of a football club to that of running a car. If a car has several problems that need fixing, engine, brakes, tyres etc, you get them all repaired. You don't tinker, you get them all done.
Correct , as has been already highlighted , the volunteer board members have contributed to selling the commercial aspect of the club.
If you would like to source us a volunteer that will chip in with 20 goals this season, we could then use that wage on a professional commercial manager.

Skate Exile wrote:The girl has done ok in my opinion as she had very big shoes to fill, One of the directors publicly said the club didn’t have to rush to make an appointment because all the work was done before the season started.
Which illustrates my point