Re: New C.O.O

Skate Exile wrote:She sold everything for the Leeds and Spurs game and secured a new sponsor. I think she got us a mini bus too.

It’s not her fault she’s had no guidance due to a young ceo and dictating board.
Pretty easy to sell everything for the Leeds and Tottenham games , which again illustrates my earlier point about a successful team making the commercial managers job easier.

Skate Exile wrote:She sold everything for the Leeds and Spurs game and secured a new sponsor. I think she got us a mini bus too.

It’s not her fault she’s had no guidance due to a young ceo and dictating board.

Come on skate, ANYONE could have sold those out. (although seeing as she didn't start until January I imagine that she wasn't responsible for selling 'everything' for the Leeds game)
She's been off sick for months, I know of three sponsors not contacted about renewing for the coming season (or had their emails replied to), it's taken the directors to get us sponsorship for the current season.
Last edited by Exile 1976 on July 26th, 2018, 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jollysuperstar wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:
Bush wrote:Pay peanuts get monkeys. Unfortunately this culture within Newport county has to change to get any progress off the pitch.

Credit to the directors who even with full time jobs have ended up running the commercial department and even getting us sponsorship. There’s people on here sticking up for volunteers who won’t open a door to make the shop look open for business yet haven’t said a peep about our directors with full time jobs actually running the commercial department.

And therein lies the problem , invest in the off field infrastructure that will be to the detrament of the playing squad and end up back in non league with a prompt ticketing process and a lovely shop.
Clueless
I really am now concerned that you maybe on the board
If not please never apply.

We are a fan owned club who's owners contribute just under £40k a year for the privilege of owning a league 2 club. We have a payment from the football league , and I believe sky TV. We are also currently seemingly having our pants pulled down by the WRU over a poorly negotiated contract and facing bills we have no knowledge of. We also have no other revenue streams aside from the shop and increased attendances. For every penny we spend on off field staff, it detracts from the playing budget.

I hope this finally resonates.

To be fair I’d rather we invested more in off field staff than back up left backs that don’t play or strikers who spend two years with us and can’t hit s barn door.

I’d argue that behind a goal scorer a CEO is the most important position at the club and having a strong team off it will also make you stronger on the pitch. The COO position is certainly an important one that shouldn’t be over looked to make sure we have players on the bench and stands who don’t play. Roles out academy boys could be playing.

AGB
A good Commercial manager will find new revenue streams
£700K plus clear profit from the cup run all gone?
Us owners do not provide £40K
That just the £10 membership fee we also buy season tickets or pay each match
This is tongue in cheek but if you resigned we could save the club a good few K
If you do work for the club I just hope others are a lot more positive than you
Anybody pass the shop today
Lights on or off
Doors open or shut
AGB philosophy let's get monkeys in every position as long as we get a reasonable team on the park
You really couldn't make this up or could you?

Bush wrote:To be fair I’d rather we invested more in off field staff than back up left backs that don’t play or strikers who spend two years with us and can’t hit s barn door.

I’d argue that behind a goal scorer a CEO is the most important position at the club and having a strong team off it will also make you stronger on the pitch. The COO position is certainly an important one that shouldn’t be over looked to make sure we have players on the bench and stands who don’t play. Roles out academy boys could be playing.

I get that argument , Jalhrado, TOE,Rigg , JBB, Jackson, Quigley and even Bittner could be considered dead wood last season.I just think it is a very difficult decision to invest in off field infastructure when you do not have control of your destiny.

In fact, I would go as far to say there cannot be another football club like ours in history, 5 home grounds since 1989, fallen out with the FAW and now the WRU, a council they jettisoned us, built us a running track and have pledged £12m to regenerate Newport Market, yet left us in the hands of the WRU for a paltry £3m. It cannot be easy being affiliated to Newport County

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Bush wrote:To be fair I’d rather we invested more in off field staff than back up left backs that don’t play or strikers who spend two years with us and can’t hit s barn door.

I get that argument , Jalhrado, TOE,Rigg , JBB, Jackson, Quigley and even Bittner could be considered dead wood last season.I just think it is a very difficult decision to invest in off field infastructure when you do not have control of your destiny.

In fact, I would go as far to say there cannot be another football club like ours in history, 5 home grounds since 1989, fallen out with the FAW and now the WRU, a council they jettisoned us, built us a running track and have pledged £12m to regenerate Newport Market, yet left us in the hands of the WRU for a paltry £3m. It cannot be easy being affiliated to Newport County
We haven’t had the easiest of times admittedly but how much of it was our fault? That’s ignoring the FAW of course who in the past were a load of tossers. Let’s hope that’s changed.

What concerns me is that the WRU seem able to work with everybody from Anthony Joshua through Beyoncé, Coldplay, the FAW, Rolling Stones to even Monster Trucks and no doubt others too numerous to mention. Why then, can’t we get on with them?

lowandhard wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:

We haven’t had the easiest of times admittedly but how much of it was our fault? That’s ignoring the FAW of course who in the past were a load of tossers. Let’s hope that’s changed.

What concerns me is that the WRU seem able to work with everybody from Anthony Joshua through Beyoncé, Coldplay, the FAW, Rolling Stones to even Monster Trucks and no doubt others too numerous to mention. Why then, can’t we get on with them?

Because ( I assume ) the names you mention are so big they probably do not question anything.
We operate on a shoestring and it clearly indicates our board are being dogmatic and standing up for what they feel are excessive charges. We have been fucked over for far too long and it is about time we stood up, no matter where it takes us.

Fao Alan G Bryant. Apologies - I cannot put this on the thread I want as only 3 replies are allowed. OK. You made the previous analogy to the finances of running a car, not me. So, here goes;

Hypothetical scenario. Imagine you run a lease car, i.e. It is owned by someone else but you run it. You are responsible for running that car. It is old and knackered. It needs constant money each month spent on it. Engine, tyres, brakes each month, you get the point. People notice that you spend a lot of money on it and comment on it. It is however kept going because you need it. People start lots of rumours about the state of the car. A lot of them are guesses because they just don't know.

What you do not do is keep the facts from the owners of the car. You need to communicate with them to tell them of the problems and how much needs spending on it. The key word is communication. Tell the owner ffs. I hope that finally resonates with you.

pembsexile wrote:Fao Alan G Bryant. Apologies - I cannot put this on the thread I want as only 3 replies are allowed. OK. You made the previous analogy to the finances of running a car, not me. So, here goes;

Hypothetical scenario. Imagine you run a lease car, i.e. It is owned by someone else but you run it. You are responsible for running that car. It is old and knackered. It needs constant money each month spent on it. Engine, tyres, brakes each month, you get the point. People notice that you spend a lot of money on it and comment on it. It is however kept going because you need it. People start lots of rumours about the state of the car. A lot of them are guesses because they just don't know.

What you do not do is keep the facts from the owners of the car. You need to communicate with them to tell them of the problems and how much needs spending on it. The key word is communication. Tell the owner ffs. I hope that finally resonates with you.
Agree with that mate, otherwise the likely scenario would be matters coming to a head and the fans get an urgent plea because things have gone tits up. To use the car analogy, the car has finally broken down and you can’t afford the repair. We need to know whether this arrangement is ever going to work and if not prepare for the worst. Where we’d get access to a football pitch at EFL standard for less than RP is another matter and tbh we’d be one fan down on regular attendance because I’m buggered if I’m trekking all over the country for a supposed “ home “ game. I’m fairly sure most people feel the same, a Moreton-in-the-Marsh scenario wouldn’t work for us at this level.
I’m forced to conclude that either we’ve got to make this arrangement work or plan for another ground locally, either way we,the owners need to be kept informed because it’s us that will have to finance whatever happens.

lowandhard wrote:
pembsexile wrote:Fao Alan G Bryant. Apologies - I cannot put this on the thread I want as only 3 replies are allowed. OK. You made the previous analogy to the finances of running a car, not me. So, here goes;

Agree with that mate, otherwise the likely scenario would be matters coming to a head and the fans get an urgent plea because things have gone tits up. To use the car analogy, the car has finally broken down and you can’t afford the repair. We need to know whether this arrangement is ever going to work and if not prepare for the worst. Where we’d get access to a football pitch at EFL standard for less than RP is another matter and tbh we’d be one fan down on regular attendance because I’m buggered if I’m trekking all over the country for a supposed “ home “ game. I’m fairly sure most people feel the same, a Moreton-in-the-Marsh scenario wouldn’t work for us at this level.
I’m forced to conclude that either we’ve got to make this arrangement work or plan for another ground locally, either way we,the owners need to be kept informed because it’s us that will have to finance whatever happens.
How do you propose we publicly plan on a new ground whilst we have 4 years left on a lease that is clearly heavily in the WRU's favour?

Alan G Bryant wrote: For every penny we spend on off field staff, it detracts from the playing budget.

I hope this finally resonates.
I just watched Stan Einsteins latest video on YouTube. He says that the commercial managers job is to bring money into the club and that you are not right to say that detracts from the players buget as he should be paid out of the money he brings in.