Signings this week?

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

countymadbel

Signings this week?

Postby countymadbel » June 10th, 2018, 9:06 am

I'm saying we going to sign 2 new players this week

Seen it in my tea leaves :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
no avatar
User

amberdave

Re: Signings this week?

Postby amberdave » June 10th, 2018, 10:16 am

You want to leave them alone
User

Skate Exile

Portsmouth

Postby Skate Exile » June 10th, 2018, 4:06 pm

Quite a few released by Forest Green. I don’t think any of us would be shocked if one or two ended up with us pre season.
User

newgroundrodney

Cardiff, UK

Postby newgroundrodney » June 10th, 2018, 4:17 pm

Skate Exile wrote:Quite a few released by Forest Green. I don’t think any of us would be shocked if one or two ended up with us pre season.

Especially if they're half decent players who never did the job he expected, but may thrive elsewhere.....like Newport!
no avatar
User

Willthiswork

Rank

Postby Willthiswork » June 10th, 2018, 5:41 pm

Thursday.
no avatar
User

countymadbel

Postby countymadbel » June 10th, 2018, 9:38 pm

Which Thursday? ?????
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

MT

Postby Exile 1976 » June 10th, 2018, 10:09 pm

Just like Liverpool.......no fekir!
no avatar
User

RThomas55

Postby RThomas55 » June 11th, 2018, 10:02 pm

Hearing that the Mad Hippy wants to slash the budget at FGR, so would not be surprised if we sign a few ex FGR players.

Dale Vince did not get his way a proposed new stadium for them, and reading between the lines on the FGR forum a few of their fans aren't too optimistic for the season ahead. A few of them are nervous about what happens if the cash is pulled.
no avatar
User

theale

Postby theale » June 11th, 2018, 10:15 pm

Sign people when we're skint some real dreamers who need to attend meetings and take on board what our board say,if you can't see through spin and bullshit get researching and listening to the people who are not intelligent enough to try to baffle all county fans.
no avatar
User

theale

Postby theale » June 11th, 2018, 10:16 pm

By the way this isn't aimed at most of the board,just the useless ones.
no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Postby George Street-Bridge » June 12th, 2018, 9:27 am

RThomas55 wrote:Hearing that the Mad Hippy wants to slash the budget at FGR, so would not be surprised if we sign a few ex FGR players.

Dale Vince did not get his way a proposed new stadium for them, and reading between the lines on the FGR forum a few of their fans aren't too optimistic for the season ahead. A few of them are nervous about what happens if the cash is pulled.

Interesting. I didn't know the new stadium had been rejected, can you supply a URL?

I'd guess most forums have posts where if you read between the lines a few fans aren't too optimistic and fear what would happen if a backer pulled support.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » June 12th, 2018, 10:42 am

George Street-Bridge wrote:
RThomas55 wrote:Hearing that the Mad Hippy wants to slash the budget at FGR, so would not be surprised if we sign a few ex FGR players.

Interesting. I didn't know the new stadium had been rejected, can you supply a URL?

I'd guess most forums have posts where if you read between the lines a few fans aren't too optimistic and fear what would happen if a backer pulled support.

According to Gloucestershire Live on 1 May 2018 Dale Vince's plans for a new eco stadium has moved a step nearer to being a reality. That it only one source, it may be there is better/later information out there. I would be interested if either of you can cite the source of Dale Vince being foiled.
no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Postby George Street-Bridge » June 12th, 2018, 10:45 am

It''s not a claim I'm making.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » June 12th, 2018, 10:51 am

George Street-Bridge wrote:It''s not a claim I'm making.

I didn't say you had. But as you find it 'interesting' it may be that you will seek and find information I don't have.
no avatar
User

Justanordinaryfan

Postby Justanordinaryfan » June 12th, 2018, 11:07 am

I read somewhere (think it was before Xmas) that the stadium plan had changed, now not incorporating a business park or something?

The internet Being the internet, it won’t be hard to find !

The plan may have changed again but haven’t read that.
Next