EFL Summer Conference

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

Willthiswork

Rank

Moderator

Posts

1719

Re: EFL Summer Conference

Postby Willthiswork » June 12th, 2018, 8:45 am

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
We can't change the past we might be able to change the future. For me your analysis is correct. Notwithstanding what Willthiswork thinks three games a weekend on one pitch is chaos. The WRU I think won't particularly want to be bounced into playing at Caerphilly. If Dragons were to be successful and have a European tie against the likes of Leinster or Racing they are not going to be happy to switch such a game to Caerphilly.


But it's proved that it is not 'chaos' - it's not ideal.

BTW It would be interesting to see the Dragons in the same competition as Leinster or Racing! :)
no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Posts

5916

Re: EFL Summer Conference

Postby George Street-Bridge » June 12th, 2018, 8:47 am

And of course the nuisance for the rugby is offset by the revenue steam from the football.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

9805

Re: EFL Summer Conference

Postby Stan A. Einstein » June 12th, 2018, 8:53 am

George Street-Bridge wrote:The only timing thing I'm aware of is a rule that football can insist on calling off any other fixture on a shared ground in the 48 hours before an EFL game if it's feared that will jeopardise the football going ahead. But I've never heard of it being invoked.

One thing much less likely to happen now is the rugby cheerily ruining their own pitch, now they've spent a fortune it. Like they did when the ref let the Dragons and Newcastle have a say in a game going ahead which then couldn't finish.


The one thing much more likely to happen now is the WRU saying 'Sorry Newport County, we are not going to renew your license to play at Rodney Parade.

Then what? Non league, League of Wales? Come on George, stop moving the goal posts, stop insulting people who disagree with you by calling them hysterical or dogs sniffing turds, follow through on your own logic for once.

We failed to develop a stadium over the thirty years since the reformation. The chickens are coming home to roost. Face up to it George, we all failed.
no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Posts

5916

Re: EFL Summer Conference

Postby George Street-Bridge » June 12th, 2018, 9:03 am

/Bangs head emoji/

For the zillionth time, I think you are starting with a false premise and then getting ridiculously agitated about it.

What's the gain for the WRU if they boot us out? .
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

9805

Re: EFL Summer Conference

Postby Stan A. Einstein » June 12th, 2018, 9:33 am

George Street-Bridge wrote:/Bangs head emoji/

For the zillionth time, I think you are starting with a false premise and then getting ridiculously agitated about it.

What's the gain for the WRU if they boot us out? .



Let me see.

Dragons have a successful season. They have a home draw against Leinster in the semi-final of the European Cup. Sky television wish to show the game. All of Wales wants to view the game.

Sorry you will have to play the game another day, County v Crawley has primacy. But say Sky our schedules insist it be played at that time on that day.

Or maybe,

You know as the WRU we would like to lay a 4G pitch. Much cheaper than relaying a hybrid one every year. Sorry but County say you can't do that.

Or maybe,

They will keep on screwing County year in year out with ever increasing rent,

Or maybe,

They think that having a tenant in their home is akin to having a dog laying turds on their lawn.
no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Posts

5916

Re: EFL Summer Conference

Postby George Street-Bridge » June 12th, 2018, 9:49 am

You are just listing birds in the bush, which need to be weighed against the bird in hand of a regular income stream from the only available football tenant.

If all of Wales wanted to view a game, the obvious venue to cash in from is 14 miles down the road.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

9805

Re: EFL Summer Conference

Postby Stan A. Einstein » June 12th, 2018, 10:27 am

George Street-Bridge wrote:You are just listing birds in the bush, which need to be weighed against the bird in hand of a regular income stream from the only available football tenant.

If all of Wales wanted to view a game, the obvious venue to cash in from is 14 miles down the road.


George,

Here's a question for you and everyone else who owns their own home.

When you first took out the mortgage did you, or were you tempted to, take in a lodger to help with the bills.I was and did?

Thirty years later, mortgage paid how many of you would like to have an extra £100 a week? How many of you are willing to let your spare room to achieve that income?
no avatar
User

Willthiswork

Rank

Moderator

Posts

1719

Re: EFL Summer Conference

Postby Willthiswork » June 12th, 2018, 10:39 am

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Dragons have a successful season. They have a home draw against Leinster in the semi-final of the European Cup. Sky television wish to show the game. All of Wales wants to view the game.



It wouldn't happen at RP unless the ground got a major upgrade as it currently doesn't fit the criteria/capacity for a semi-final venue.
no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Posts

5916

Re: EFL Summer Conference

Postby George Street-Bridge » June 12th, 2018, 10:51 am

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:You are just listing birds in the bush, which need to be weighed against the bird in hand of a regular income stream from the only available football tenant.

If all of Wales wanted to view a game, the obvious venue to cash in from is 14 miles down the road.


George,

Here's a question for you and everyone else who owns their own home.

When you first took out the mortgage did you, or were you tempted to, take in a lodger to help with the bills.I was and did?

Thirty years later, mortgage paid how many of you would like to have an extra £100 a week? How many of you are willing to let your spare room to achieve that income?


Not a valid analogy.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

9805

Re: EFL Summer Conference

Postby Stan A. Einstein » June 12th, 2018, 10:58 am

George Street-Bridge wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:You are just listing birds in the bush, which need to be weighed against the bird in hand of a regular income stream from the only available football tenant.

If all of Wales wanted to view a game, the obvious venue to cash in from is 14 miles down the road.


George,

Here's a question for you and everyone else who owns their own home.

When you first took out the mortgage did you, or were you tempted to, take in a lodger to help with the bills.I was and did?

Thirty years later, mortgage paid how many of you would like to have an extra £100 a week? How many of you are willing to let your spare room to achieve that income?


Not a valid analogy.


Why not? Both situations are the receipt of rent v the inconvenience of a licensee. If Newport County offered £1,000,000 pa to stat at Rodney Parade, our future at Rodney Parade would be assured. If someone offered me £1,000 a week for my spare room I'd let the room out. For £100 a week I wouldn't. (For £1,000 I'd tuck 'em at night and bring them a cuppa in the morning. :grin: )

However I note you don't think it a valid analogy, I will leave it to others to decide whether it is or not for themselves.
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Amberexile, fontague-smythe, phil_in_npton, Threadbare and 38 guests

Powered by phpBB ®