Re: Apparently there's a football tournament in Russia

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Cornish Exile wrote:Pleased to see that Gareth Southgate hasn't got caught in the media hype. Quoted in to-day's "i" newspaper "We have to be realistic. All the games we've had against the bigger teams, we haven't managed to win yet".
I agree. Although in historical terms I doubt that Belgium and Croatia would be seen as bigger footballing nations than England.
Maybe "better" would be a more accurate description.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Cornish Exile wrote:Pleased to see that Gareth Southgate hasn't got caught in the media hype. Quoted in to-day's "i" newspaper "We have to be realistic. All the games we've had against the bigger teams, we haven't managed to win yet".
I agree. Although in historical terms I doubt that Belgium and Croatia would be seen as bigger footballing nations than England.
Difficult to make historical comparisons for Croatia unless you include the Yugoslavia period which strictly speaking would be false. So, for both I would say bigger no, better yes.

Let's not beat about the bush ..... Engeeeerrrland were shit !

The 3 games they came against decent opposition , they lost !
Apart from the first 20 minutes against TUNISIA ( :roll: ) they didn't have an attacking bone in their body .

They will never have a better opportunity to get to or win a World Cup final .

I was more entertained by our County side ,
under Westley on our beach of a pitch .

I really can't work out what all the fuss has been about ......

In Harry Kane , they must have the first Golden Boot winner who has devalued himself ???