Re: Apparently there's a football tournament in Russia

G Guest wrote:Is Kane instigating the penalty incidents himself? There have been 5 now though the two in the Tunisia game were not given. They are all similar with an opponent apparently losing his head and wrestling with him. Is he starting the wrestling and then claiming he is the innocent party?
I watched the Columbia game on catchup. You have a valid point for that penalty.

P.s. Generally thought England were just as dirty at Columbia. The commentators waved off studs raking the unprotected ankle and were ridiculously biased apart from Hoddle, who hinted a number of times that the English player did something first. I’m not having a go at England. It is part of the game from parks to professional. I don’t recall Wales sniping in the Euro 16 finals...perhaps my bias towards Wales masked my perception.

It really is opening up as England’s to lose.

Sweden are not in the same league in terms of speed or skill.
Belgium hit on the break are vulnerable and England have bags of pace.
France are the main threat and as I mentioned on the 16th of June in this thread...don’t count them out as they always start slowly, but they just don’t have the coherence and team mentality clicking perfectly yet.
Russia, may have rode their luck with home advantage (and an easy group), but they also are just not as good as England.

France v England final and England’s to lose (Toulouse)

England are not a good side .
They've got where they have so far by beating Tunisia , Panama and a very dirty Columbia side who didn't even think about playing football until they went 1 down to a Harry Kane penalty .
I could always see Columbia equalising in that match as soon as they decided to start passing the ball instead of trying to kick the shit out of the opposition.
England showed nothing in the 120 minutes of open play .
They won a penalty shoot out .... well done
They meet Sweden now who have nothing to lose .
People are now putting pressure on England (surprise :roll: ) and anything less than getting to the Final will be another failure .
Good luck to them , but Sweden will be a tougher task .