Re: Apparently there's a football tournament in Russia

pembsexile wrote:England had their chances. They could have had it sewn up in the first half. For Kane to hit the post from two feet (admittedly a tight angle), well. They should have put a few away then. Could have been 3-0 up.

After their previous two games I thought it would be Croatia that tired, not England. Just think that at 1-1 England reverted to type. Desperation and hope. They did far better than I expected though, well done.
For that Kane effort, did you notice that he had to get it on his right foot from a yard! If he’d just taken the chance with his left he would have saved a precious fraction of a second and would have scored, I just don’t get pros with one functional leg!

Re: Apparently there's a football tournament in Russia

George Street-Bridge wrote:Now the media are coming clear about the apparently poisonous atmosphere around the camp for years and years it's interesting to speculate on who was behind it - Terry? Rooney? Gerrard? All of them?
Yep, all of them apparently plus Ashley Cole and Rio. Lots of club cliques and no cohesion. Add mercenary and/or has-been managers to the mix and you have the laughing stock that the England footy team became but now we've restored some pride a la Wales in the last Euros.