Re: How many players coming in ?

SULLY34 wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
jollysuperstar wrote:We have parted with 12 players during last season.
Forget any loanees.
By 1st July we had signed Dolan, Robbie, Lamar & Pipey.
Frank also but now departed,
Padraig came in well after the season had kicked off.
To match that as 2 leaving were youngsters the goalie to Leicester and Kavanagh to Rovers.
We need at least 8 as we had Ben W from the start plus Cole both on years loan although Cole got crocked.
Like somebody said 5 a side when we return in 2 weeks time.

Genuinely can't believe there are fans that are really worried. The players don't meet up for another 2 weeks so there's no rush in signing them. If we start pre season with the amount of players we have now, then that's the time to worry :lol:
2 weeks to pre season. They'll still be wearing last season's shirts too if we've got no sponsor.

Sponsor will be announced next week I reckon

2 weeks Monday I believe so as we need at least 7, one every other day before they meet up.
Guaranteed no problem.
Looking forward to an announcement Monday, Wednesday, Friday next week then.
Worried for sure.
Sponsor????
Just winding us all up for sure.
Everything will be sorted.
Question for all you anoraks how many league 2 clubs have not signed anybody yet?

Exile 1976 wrote:Ah right, will everyone's squad be fully sorted by the first day of pre season training?
Harps, relax. Its not good for your ticker.
Its Jolly
Of course not but most will be well on their way.
Seriously if nobody gets signed by end of next week will you be saying the same thing?
ps got no heart problems touch wood.

jollysuperstar wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Ah right, will everyone's squad be fully sorted by the first day of pre season training?
Harps, relax. Its not good for your ticker.
Its Jolly
Of course not but most will be well on their way.
Seriously if nobody gets signed by end of next week will you be saying the same thing?
ps got no heart problems touch wood.

I'd be surprised if we don't bring in at least 1/2 by next Friday, will get a tad nervous, if we haven't signed 3/4 before start of pre season I won't be worried as such because we WILL have a full squad before the season starts .......its just how good that squad will be is the biggest question

We have 14 signed on but the manager has said a couple could be loaned (the two kids) and a couple could be sold (TOE and Reynolds seem to tick those boxes) therefore we have 10 signed on plus possibly another if Labadie signs. Therefore I reckon we need maybe another 11 players. My guess is 4 of them will be loans, one will be a back up keeper possibly someone we don't see long term being someone to replace Day and I can see us signing 2 players end of the summer who have been on trial with us like a Martin from last year. someone who will probably just be a back up. So I can see us realistically signing 4 players who can make an impact on this side straight away.

I honestly don’t know but my feeling is that we will have a smaller squad this year than we’ve had for years, it may be the way Flynny likes to operate. In any case , in our impecunious state it may well be a policy of necessity. Labadie aside ( because goodness knows what’s happening there ) I’m concerned about our midfield - looking at what we’ve got I’m worried.

Amberexile wrote:Flynn did say at one point last season that the squad was too big and he would prefer to work with a smaller group.

Mind you, I seem to remember Westley saying the same thing.
:grin: yeah like I said , it may well be a policy of necessity: I’m sure if we had the money we’d have a backup player in every position of the same quality as the first-teamer. I think in the dealings so far that we are weakened, be interested to see who is the next one in.

lowandhard wrote:
Amberexile wrote:Flynn did say at one point last season that the squad was too big and he would prefer to work with a smaller group.

Mind you, I seem to remember Westley saying the same thing.
:grin: yeah like I said , it may well be a policy of necessity: I’m sure if we had the money we’d have a backup player in every position of the same quality as the first-teamer. I think in the dealings so far that we are weakened, be interested to see who is the next one in.
I think we have to accept where we are. As a fan I would much prefer we get a quality 14/15 players and accept there may be times through injury etc where the odd youth teamer has to fill in, rather than a squad of 20/25 average players. I think that means we can pay better wages to the right players, be competitive when we've got a full squad and the youngsters get a chance to learn and see if they really make the grade or not.

Collars wrote:
I think we have to accept where we are. As a fan I would much prefer we get a quality 14/15 players and accept there may be times through injury etc where the odd youth teamer has to fill in, rather than a squad of 20/25 average players. I think that means we can pay better wages to the right players, be competitive when we've got a full squad and the youngsters get a chance to learn and see if they really make the grade or not.
Agree. We can only have eleven on the pitch at any one time. Have a good fifteen and fill the bench by giving academy players a match day experience.