Re: New Club Secretary

daftasfxxx wrote:
rncfc wrote:Can he play up front?

Seems to me we are appointing shit loads of paid staff, but reducing the playing budget (in real terms). Is this what trust members wanted? Surely a volunteer could be club secretary?
Nice of you to offer your time muc
Is this the first paid secretary we have ever had? It's a role that has been filled by willing volunteers since I can remember.

Doesn't mean I have the skills (or time) to do it, but obviously there are people around the club who do.

Colin Faulkner wrote:For clarification Ethan is our Head of Operations, has been with the club for around 9 months. This announcement is because he has now been officially registered with the EFL to fulfill this role on our behalf.
Thanks Colin for this clarification.

Skate Exile wrote:So AT brought his buddy from Stevenage in for a job that was never advertised and made sure he was sorted out even more before he left or am I missing something?
Or you could say Alex brought along someone who he knew from past experience who was qualified to do the job and has done well and fitted in enough to be offered it.

daftasfxxx wrote:
Skate Exile wrote:So AT brought his buddy from Stevenage in for a job that was never advertised and made sure he was sorted out even more before he left or am I missing something?
Or you could say Alex brought along someone who he knew from past experience who was qualified to do the job and has done well and fitted in enough to be offered it.
Way into the 1990's Rangers didn't sign a Catholic. You could say that they had a sectarian signing policy. Or you could say that there was never a Catholic player good enough to play for Rangers.

This knee-jerk reaction that the club is never wrong is nonsensical. Giving people jobs as opposed to jobs being given to the best candidate is as wrong as relying on one player agency for all signings. The word is nepotism and frankly it stinks.

daftasfxxx wrote:
Or you could say Alex brought along someone who he knew from past experience who was qualified to do the job and has done well and fitted in enough to be offered it.[/quote

Tim Harris brought in 'his mate' Dave Boddy and look how that turned out

George Street-Bridge wrote:How did it turn out? Last time I looked he oversaw a successful transition to League football. Including getting the pitch sorted out to a standard it slipped from after he left, if I read the EFL experts' report correctly.
George,

Dave Boddy was told putting inappropriate covering over an already sodden pitch would make a bad situation worse. No matter Boddy plunged ahead. Had well meaning supporters getting soaked and for no purpose other than to do damage.

Dave Boddy was a disaster. It wasn't his fault he was totally out of his depth. (No pun intended.)

It is unfortunate that there are those supporters who whilst they undoubtedly support the team damage the club by failing to support the club. What is worse is these supporters think that in never being critical they are supporting the club. By way of analogy if you are five foot two and weigh thirty stone your real friends will point out that you are killing yourself, need to make massive changes and will help you in any way they can. Those who say don't worry your quadruple chin suits you, of course have the best of intentions, but they are wrong and they do cause damage.