Re: New Kit Man

Percy plunkett wrote:Brendan,I see that block button is still faulty as you said you would not read any of my posts.May I suggest you get rid of your Macintosh laptop,that red horse has run his last race and should be put out to grass.
Percy I long ago unblocked you. You are a tad too serious on occasions and in my view see things through amber tinted glasses. But in truth there are far worse sins and there are seven billion people on this planet all of whom irritate me. Many of them far more than you do. :grin:

newgroundrodney wrote:I imagine, the role of Kit Man can be fairly involved. Probably quite a bit of compliance with EFL rules I'd guess.
There's an idea for a saleable matchday experience: "Help the Kit Man for the day"... £50 ....get to see behind the scenes.
....don’t hold your breath :grin: I’ve got a load of grass I need to watch the growth of :grin:

mad norm wrote:I'm intrigued....what is a kit man's duty
The job spec was posted on the County website when applications were invited.

Found it: https://www.newport-county.co.uk/siteas ... iption.pdf

Tbh I'm a total kit geek and I wouldn't want to do it. :shock:

"Due to the nature of the post, travel to all First Team and reserve fixtures and (international) tours will be required Hours Full time in accordance with First Team training and fixture schedule. Due to the nature of the post, evening and weekend work will be required Job Purpose To ensure the management and preparation of all First Team training and match kit and equipment for players and staff Remuneration Salary commensurate with skills and experience
Role Responsibilities & Key Duties
• To be responsible for all First Team player and staff training and match kit
• To print all First Team player and staff training and match kit in compliance with competition regulations
• To distribute training and match kit to all First Team players and staff
• To launder, dry, store and set out training and match kit for all First Team players and staff
• To prepare and set out the team dressing room and coaches’ room ahead of all home and away fixtures
• To clean and prepare boots for all First Team players and staff
• To liaise with the Football Secretary for match kit confirmation
• To record and monitor stock levels of training and match kit, including regular stock checks. To liaise with the Club retail department for stock levels
• To liaise with First Team management staff and Groundstaff to prepare and set out equipment required for training sessions
• To assist the Sports Science and Medical departments with storage and inventory management
• To clean and tidy work areas e.g. dressing room, boot room, kit room
• To maintain the Kit Van log book and liaise with the Football Secretary for all maintenance of the Kit Van e.g. vehicle tax, insurance, cleaning, servicing and repairs
• To assist the Academy department with kit printing and distribution for all player and staff training and match kit
• To attend meetings as directed by First Team management staff and the Football Secretary
• To comply with all Club regulations regarding policies, procedures, health, safety and security
• All other duties that may arise from time to time and fall within the scope of the role".

A mate of mine has performed this role for the U23 squad of a Championship club for many years on a part-time volunteer basis.

You need to be a certain type of person. However it does have its benefits when a player you have looked after on the way up is playing in the World Cup

SJG99 wrote:
mad norm wrote:I'm intrigued....what is a kit man's duty
The job spec was posted on the County website when applications were invited.

Found it: https://www.newport-county.co.uk/siteas ... iption.pdf

Tbh I'm a total kit geek and I wouldn't want to do it. :shock:

"Due to the nature of the post, travel to all First Team and reserve fixtures and (international) tours will be required Hours Full time in accordance with First Team training and fixture schedule. Due to the nature of the post, evening and weekend work will be required Job Purpose To ensure the management and preparation of all First Team training and match kit and equipment for players and staff Remuneration Salary commensurate with skills and experience
Role Responsibilities & Key Duties
• To be responsible for all First Team player and staff training and match kit
• To print all First Team player and staff training and match kit in compliance with competition regulations
• To distribute training and match kit to all First Team players and staff
• To launder, dry, store and set out training and match kit for all First Team players and staff
• To prepare and set out the team dressing room and coaches’ room ahead of all home and away fixtures
• To clean and prepare boots for all First Team players and staff
• To liaise with the Football Secretary for match kit confirmation
• To record and monitor stock levels of training and match kit, including regular stock checks. To liaise with the Club retail department for stock levels
• To liaise with First Team management staff and Groundstaff to prepare and set out equipment required for training sessions
• To assist the Sports Science and Medical departments with storage and inventory management
• To clean and tidy work areas e.g. dressing room, boot room, kit room
• To maintain the Kit Van log book and liaise with the Football Secretary for all maintenance of the Kit Van e.g. vehicle tax, insurance, cleaning, servicing and repairs
• To assist the Academy department with kit printing and distribution for all player and staff training and match kit
• To attend meetings as directed by First Team management staff and the Football Secretary
• To comply with all Club regulations regarding policies, procedures, health, safety and security
• All other duties that may arise from time to time and fall within the scope of the role".
Piece of p!ss :bounce:

lowandhard wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:That looks like a bit more than 40 hours a week!
....or work for more than one person. That's a phenomenal work load!
Whatever happened to apprentices cleaning the boots eh?
Kids today. Bone idle self-centered layabouts who care only for getting drunk and chasing the opposite sex.

I'll tell you today that's virtually every single one of the little sh!ts. Forty years ago I was the exception not the rule. :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I’ll tell you what Stan, the days of going to work whistling a happy tune are long gone. Before I took up my profession I worked at many holiday jobs in factories, on the buses etc. , I was even once a flour grader ( and no , no bowler hat ). In all those positions there was always time for a chat and a joke ( and in those days a cigarette too ). My opinion is that I felt fairly rewarded for my efforts which didn’t involve , if I’m honest, knocking myself out. It seems to me that today employees in general have to sell their soul 24/7 for exacting jobs and crap wages, my heart goes out to them. Thank f*ck I’m retired on a pension.