A word on programmes

This may have been covered elsewhere, so forgive me if that’s so, but I thought it worth finding out the clubs view on whether after the new edict from EFL they will continue to produce invidual, monthly or even special-occasion-only programmes.
I would like to see a breakdown of the cost-benefit to understand the pressures, but I personally always buy one, and want to continue to do so.
Any other views on this forum?
MJ

Re: A word on programmes

With the disappearance of matchday programmes would go any profit made after printing & supply.
Let's say a club like Newport County make for argument's sake £18,000 profit from programmes, lost also is any advertising revenue generated within, along with kit sponsorship, and the general feel good that holding a programme gives; team changes, photos, special features for kids, and a few others besides.
The loss of the match programme is an income stream loss we can ill afford.

Knowing Kevin Ward reads this board, one little request.

As you know newspapers print black on white. The reason for this is that the contrast between the two colours is the widest possible and as such it is the easiest to read. Now in my 60's and under the Rodney Parade lights I and I suspect others, would very much appreciate if articles in the programme could be produced in this format. Just because the technology exists to print in varying degrees of colour doesn't mean to say that it has to be.

I'm a programme fan so wouldn't want to lose them but I also think there's a place for a digital download on to your phone. Can be made cheaper as costs are lower than print, suits the younger audience, still allows advertising, can be made available per match or subscription. Ideally if clubs can offer both that would be perfect but I suspect for clubs like us dealing in smaller numbers and tighter cost control then avoiding wastage of surplus programmes coupled with maximising revenue and advertising income has to be the priority.

I agree wholeheartedly with Stan A Einstien, I too have problems with the multi coloured printing, in fact it really does spoil my enjoyment when I read them ----black on white please !!!----------------Stan , please excuse my spelling of your "nom de plume", and I hope that is the correct phrase which I've just used,...
Regards...………... Bob Bassett

BertieB wrote:I agree wholeheartedly with Stan A Einstien, I too have problems with the multi coloured printing, in fact it really does spoil my enjoyment when I read them ----black on white please !!!----------------Stan , please excuse my spelling of your "nom de plume", and I hope that is the correct phrase which I've just used,...

Good evening Bob,

I shouldn't worry about the spelling of my nom de plume. A message board is for fans to discuss anything to do with our club. Spelling and syntax are of secondary importance. Oddly I myself am grateful for the spell checker as being dyslexic my spelling is far from perfect.

Having had a career at the bar, having reached the age of sixty and being comfortable in my own skin, such things as gramma and spelling matter not nearly as much as people simply being able to express themselves. If there is one message I would like to get across to young people on this board it is that what really matters is the ability to have the confidence to say what you really feel on any issue. That some people of an older generation might want to poke fun at those who may make the occasional mistake, or the frequent mistake for that matter, in spelling etcetera, says rather more about them than it does about you.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
BertieB wrote:I agree wholeheartedly with Stan A Einstien, I too have problems with the multi coloured printing, in fact it really does spoil my enjoyment when I read them ----black on white please !!!----------------Stan , please excuse my spelling of your "nom de plume", and I hope that is the correct phrase which I've just used,...

Good evening Bob,

I shouldn't worry about the spelling of my nom de plume. A message board is for fans to discuss anything to do with our club. Spelling and syntax are of secondary importance. Oddly I myself am grateful for the spell checker as being dyslexic my spelling is far from perfect.

Having had a career at the bar, having reached the age of sixty and being comfortable in my own skin, such things as gramma and spelling matter not nearly as much as people simply being able to express themselves. If there is one message I would like to get across to young people on this board it is that what really matters is the ability to have the confidence to say what you really feel on any issue. That some people of an older generation might want to poke fun at those who may make the occasional mistake, or the frequent mistake for that matter, in spelling etcetera, says rather more about them than it does about you.
You might be comfortable in your own skin, but we're not comfortable about you getting under our skin. And your non de plume, tells us all about your feeling of self importance............ :evil: .We'll how am I supposed to feel with all the things you don't reveal and you can thank your lucky stars that we're not as smart as we'd like to think we are