Re: Even more good news

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:In fairness Brendan, Flynny didn't promise anything.
He raised the expectations which amounts to the same thing. People like Briant will never get this. Not because they are bad people but because they believe that the only way to support the club is to argue that everything ever done by the club is right.

If you look at this thread and others a few people are beginning to make jokes at Flynn's and the club's expense. If the season starts badly it will not take long for the knives to come out. You can choose if you wish not to believe this but I want the club to succeed. I therefore have to want Flynn to succeed, I want the board of directors to be successful. However I use this message board to comment and if I think that anyone involved with Newport County is in error I will say so.

For me it is a fault of Michael Flynn that he sometimes takes a gung ho approach. It concerns me that he doesn't seem to learn from this. That's all.

Yes I have noticed the derisory comments making jokes from a few, generally it seems over the club communicating positions that are being filled. Ironically there are those that would berate the club over their lack of communication.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:

Sorry, but to me the inference of "we'll find out soon" was clearly about the three that had been offered new deals seeing as he followed that up with "Contractually you’ve got to give them a month. That’s the Football League rules.
“If they come back to us and turn it down or accept it before that then great, at least you know where you are" ...
No need to apologize. You take one view, I take another. For me that is the purpose of a message board, to discuss a mutual passion. If I'm honest there are very few people living in the northwest of Ireland who are prepared to have long conversations about Newport County. :grin:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:

Sorry, but to me the inference of "we'll find out soon" was clearly about the three that had been offered new deals seeing as he followed that up with "Contractually you’ve got to give them a month. That’s the Football League rules.
“If they come back to us and turn it down or accept it before that then great, at least you know where you are" ...
No need to apologize. You take one view, I take another. For me that is the purpose of a message board, to discuss a mutual passion. If I'm honest there are very few people living in the northwest of Ireland who are prepared to have long conversations about Newport County. :grin:
Fishguard neither! :cry: