Re: News at 5 30 (Jamille Matt)

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Welcome to the Port, Jamille.

With a record of 4 goals in 34 League 2 games for Grimsby last season please be prepared for the usual Newport County welcome of "underwhelmed" :lol:
Looking at his career stats he started out well and then his goal scoring rather fell away. I have never stated that I have been underwhelmed in my life. My view is that I wish him the best and he should be judged on what he does

So Franks for White and Matt for Nouble. Labadie and Tozer yet to be replaced.

Of course depending on your motive there is the converse view that Franks has replaced Turley and Matt has replaced Jackson.

newgroundrodney wrote:
faerun exile wrote:Good signing. Proper big striker who should link up well with Podge. Remember him scoring a hat trick against us for Kidderminster.
He played against us last season at Rodney Parade. Not sure about the away game.

In the away game he picked up a goal and a red card for an elbow on Demetriu

Two great signings so far. Really pleased. Although Matt didn't have the best of seasons in a poor Grimsby side, I'm convinced this will be an excellent signing to like up with Amond.

Welcome Jamille.

That said however his quotes in the Argus made me chuckle:

"On completing the deal, he said: “Newport County AFC have always been a team that stood out to me and it was great to know they were interested in me...Having played against County a number of times, it’s always stood out as the type of club I’d like to play at,”

What a load of shite :lol:

Happy with the signing but it’s an obvious risk because his career has been on the slide last few years. If I remember right he had a bad injury? Hopefully he realises the next stop after us is back to Kidderminster. Hope he does well enjoy watching him few years back always someone that stood out.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote: Looking at his career stats he started out well and then his goal scoring rather fell away. I have never stated that I have been underwhelmed in my life. My view is that I wish him the best and he should be judged on what he does

So Franks for White and Matt for Nouble. Labadie and Tozer yet to be replaced.

Of course depending on your motive there is the converse view that Franks has replaced Turley and Matt has replaced Jackson.
My motive as always is to spread discord, destroy Western civilization as we know it and to drive as many people clinically insane as I can.

It appears that with you at least I have clearly succeeded. 8)

I am pleased with this signing big target man remember him playing for Kiddy back in the day and scoring for fun against us.
Good in the air and has mobility great foil for Amond. I think these two will combine well.
He is the tallest 6ft 1" inch player I have seen ! I would say about 6ft 4".
Welcome to the port J M.
Last edited by somerton moss on June 20th, 2018, 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.