Re: News at 5 30 (Jamille Matt)

Matt has been a decent striker in the past and I don't think you tend to lose the ability to know where the goal is (if you possessed it in the first place). A decent pre-season and lets just see whether we're getting the Matt of Kidderminster days or the Matt of last season.

I'm reasonably confident it could be a decent signing...

Percy plunkett wrote:Not sure why they need to be two year deals,will no one sign for one year except Butler.I'd prefer one year to cover ourselves then if they do well,we can offer second year around Christmas time.
At certain times in their career, players will want the security of a longer contract : I suspect that given that we are unable to dangle wads of cash under their noses that a longer contract is one of the few carrots we’ve got. Of course offering longer contracts can have a downside as well as an upside if the fitness of a player becomes an issue.

:albino: I
Percy plunkett wrote:Not sure why they need to be two year deals,will no one sign for one year except Butler.I'd prefer one year to cover ourselves then if they do well,we can offer second year around Christmas time.

Like Labadie,who was clearly courted by all and sundry for his performances with us ?

It is tough though , Warren Feeney was castigated for handing out two year contracts to 6 players , but 4 of them became mainstays of the team. The exceptions being Turley and Randall, who just never settled, but was still pivotal in our great escape.

ButchersDog wrote:Welcome to County Jamille.

If mobile enough could be a great foil for Amond.

Let's hope we see many Matt finishes.
Let's hope he's not just a "filling" .....
I hope he'll "drill" the ball forward , and get a couple of "braces" for us this season .....

Coat ? ..... I'm gone already
Got a tooth ache

In my view we have made two good signings but I do worry that we will be similar to last year and invest well in the starting 11 but the overall squad quality suffers. Last year we had a potentially promotion chasing 11 but lower league squad. Hopefully we haven't over stretched by signing franks and matt.