Re: FIXTURE RELEASE DAY THREAD.....

rncfc wrote:
Amberexile wrote:How many did we take to Exeter last season?
Around 350 wasn't it? I.e. the maximum allowed.

Given this one will be in the August sunshine, I would imagine it would be one of the biggest away followings of the season if we could take more.
Thanks. I couldn't make it last season so wasn't sure whether we'd sold out our allocation.

It's easy to read too much into the release of the fixture list for the forthcoming season. At first I thought it was a difficult start (Mansfield, Exeter and Notts County three of the first four league games) but County in recent years have had a tendency to play better against the top teams than those nearer the bottom. And looking at the first two months there are a number of last years strugglers (Grimsby, Port Vale, Yeovil) and two of the four relegated from League One and promoted Tranmere, so a fairly balanced start.

A couple more strikers, midfielders and a full back now please...

wattsville_boy wrote:It's easy to read too much into the release of the fixture list for the forthcoming season. At first I thought it was a difficult start (Mansfield, Exeter and Notts County three of the first four league games) but County in recent years have had a tendency to play better against the top teams than those nearer the bottom. And looking at the first two months there are a number of last years strugglers (Grimsby, Port Vale, Yeovil) and two of the four relegated from League One and promoted Tranmere, so a fairly balanced start.

A couple more strikers, midfielders and a full back now please...
If you mean teams that are near the top or bottom ON THE DAY WE PLAY THEM maybe, but our record against eventual top & bottom teams last season was as follows:

Eventual Top 7 teams:
Accrington, Luton, Wycombe, Exeter, Notts Co., Coventry, Lincoln ............................ points collected : 15
Eventual Bottom 7 teams:
Grimsby, Yeovil, Port Vale, Forest Green, Morecambe, Barnet, Chesterfield...............points collected : 22

Amberexile wrote:How many did we take to Exeter last season?
Yes it was 350. Their system is to allocates one or two blocks of the stand 175/350. Clubs that historically only need a hundred or so, get 175. I was rather hoping that we would be away after Christmas when the rebuild should be complete. Swapping the fixtures would be ideal, as both clubs could maximise the away sales. Morecambe/Crawley may have a later fixture and still only take 100.

worksop amber wrote:Mansfield away first game is great for me
15 mins on the train and I'm off work that day
Saturday is a bonus as it was midweek last season and only about 40 of us there
Just hope the result is very different
Buzzing already and banter in work with my Mansfield supporting colleagues has already started
UTC
I thought of that Rob, as soon as I saw it.... sad Chesterfield are gone too or that would have been another close by fixture for you.

newgroundrodney wrote:
worksop amber wrote:Mansfield away first game is great for me
15 mins on the train and I'm off work that day
Saturday is a bonus as it was midweek last season and only about 40 of us there
Just hope the result is very different
Buzzing already and banter in work with my Mansfield supporting colleagues has already started
UTC
I thought of that Rob, as soon as I saw it.... sad Chesterfield are gone too or that would have been another close by fixture for you.
Hey Gareth
Yeah I was gutted they went down
Quite a few teams from Manchester and surrounding area which are not too far away
Looking forward to seeing who we buy or have in on loan