Re: Tiger

I was of the opposite view, thinking him better as a CB than left back. But perhaps that was due to familiarity with the role, as he seemed to play more CB for County than left back. Either way I think playing in one position has helped him develop.

Did he leave at the end of a contract which means no sell-on fee?

Bush wrote:Always said he was a left back not a CB. Good luck to the lad.
As I commented at the time : "once he learns a bit of poise, he could be the best left back we've had"..... I stand by that, and I'll remind people of it when he's playing at Everton or somewhere!

Blackandamber wrote:And to think so many County fans thought he wasn't good enough for League 2.
I don't recall that. I do recall that some said at times his inexperience showed, which is not quite the same thing as saying that he wasn't good enough.

newgroundrodney wrote:
Bush wrote:Always said he was a left back not a CB. Good luck to the lad.
As I commented at the time : "once he learns a bit of poise, he could be the best left back we've had"..... I stand by that, and I'll remind people of it when he's playing at Everton or somewhere!
As an Everton as well as a County fan, I bloody hope not! My main problem with Hughes was, he would be fine for 89 minutes then a mistake that would invariably result in a goal. It happened time & time again.

Even thought his contract was up if he was under a certain age I think it’s 23 they still would have to pay a minor fee for him and there might be some sort of small trainers fee for this transfer to Preston that gets sent to us. Nothing major though.