Goalkeeper question

I've had a question put to me but am struggling for the answer or indeed any possible answers.
The question is: When, and the opponents, was the most recent competive game that a Newport County goalkeeper was subbed?
This DOES NOT include being subbed due to injury. It ONLY refers to ''being subbed for underperforming on the field of play''.
Replies please.

Re: Goalkeeper question

ComeOnCounty wrote:Im sure it was Blackburn on for Thompson in the final game of the conference South Championship season. Last few minutes to get onto the pitch and he won the man of the match award
I remember the game was at Braintree. I don't recall that happening. (That I don't remember is not the same as it didn't happen.) However I do remember that Braintree needed at least a draw to make the playoffs and being really pleased we had won, not because I have anything against Braintree but because it enhanced the integrity of the league that County had played to win in a game that for us didn't really matter.

Really interesting. A minor error is made by Comeoncounty. Not the last game but the last home game. Allontheamber likewise remembers the incident and makes the same minor error. You now have two people who genuinely recall an incident and who corroborate each others story.

On a football message board it doesn't matter but I have seen on a number occasions people convicted of crimes due to such errors. I make them all the time. I genuinely thought Nigel Vaughan scored our first goal against West Ham, I thought Tony Byrne played at Walsall when in fact he was not at the club.
I merely point this out because I am often accused of saying things I didn't say. It is annoying. The scientists have a term for it. Confirmation bias.
My thanks to GSB who took the trouble to check.

Didn't an outfield player start a game in goal for us around 1990/91? - could have even been Mark Price.

Like Stan says - the mind plays weird tricks on you, especially where the County is concerned. When you plumb the depths of the Hellenic and Beazer Homes leagues, anything and everything happened!!!!

Beefy

allontheamber wrote:Definitely correct. Kierran had sat on the bench for the whole year without a game. We were up by then and, I was told, out of courtesy JE agreed the change with the opposing manager before the game. Very funny when Blackburn was given MoM.
JE wasn’t the manager then it was Holdsworth

bignbeefy wrote:Didn't an outfield player start a game in goal for us around 1990/91? - could have even been Mark Price.

Like Stan says - the mind plays weird tricks on you, especially where the County is concerned. When you plumb the depths of the Hellenic and Beazer Homes leagues, anything and everything happened!!!!

Beefy
Kendall was sent off and MP went in goals.May have been the same season when Kendall got injured and Phil Green went in goals.I think that was Tamworth away where we managed to turn a 3-1 lead into a 4-3 defeat in the last seven minutes.I seem to remember Pricey punching a corner into his own net in the first one.

Percy plunkett wrote:Darren Robison also took over in goal during a game.I have a feeling the following game,rather than play the youth team keeper,he may have started so I think this is who you were thinking of Beefy.
And didn't Jeff Eckhardt step in during a game once?...... roundabout a similar era?

newgroundrodney wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:Darren Robison also took over in goal during a game.I have a feeling the following game,rather than play the youth team keeper,he may have started so I think this is who you were thinking of Beefy.
And didn't Jeff Eckhardt step in during a game once?...... roundabout a similar era?
Yes Pat Mountain got injured,it effectively finished his career as he didn't play much after that.