Re: News today? (Charlie Cooper & Keanu Marsh-Brown )

Cornish Exile wrote:
County ranger wrote:One question if these two are not good enough for Forest Green who finished below us why are they good signings?[/quot

]Keanu Marsh-Brown fell out with the manager because of a social media issue.

Charlie Cooper was targeted with abuse by a section of the fans because of his relationship with his manager.

Both players could benefit from the move.
Thanks I agree with your final comment could turn out to be v good signings. JE was good at getting troubled souls to perform let’s hope Flynn pick up some of his style.

All three have signed for County. The simple fact is that none of us have seen anywhere near enough of them to make any valid judgement as to how good they are, or may be. In fact I suspect that the overwhelming majority of County supporters wouldn't have known any of them from Adam this time last week. It strikes me that rather than make out we can evaluate the players abilities that it might be better to suspend judgement until we have seen them play.

Just by way of an aside. In my youth I was a goalkeeper. I wasn't very good. But had videos been made of my performances and a compilation made of my finest saves, you would swear to your life I was Lev Yashin.

Don't think anyone is saying he's going to be great or shite for US, but surely we're allowed to discuss whether we feel they're potentially good signings or not, even if it is based on only watching them in games against us and / or by what fans of their previous club have to say about them? I'm sure when they pull on the County shirt everyone will get behind them regardless of their opinions of them.

Exile 1976 wrote:Don't think anyone is saying he's going to be great or shite for US, but surely we're allowed to discuss whether we feel they're potentially good signings or not, even if it is based on only watching them in games against us and / or by what fans of their previous club have to say about them? I'm sure when they pull on the County shirt everyone will get behind them regardless of their opinions of them.
You are entitled to discuss anything you like. :grin:

Exile 1976 wrote:Don't think anyone is saying he's going to be great or shite for US, but surely we're allowed to discuss whether we feel they're potentially good signings or not, even if it is based on only watching them in games against us and / or by what fans of their previous club have to say about them? I'm sure when they pull on the County shirt everyone will get behind them regardless of their opinions of them.
Exactly mate. This is a fans forum. I’m not a massive willmot fan. That’s my opinion. Doesn’t mean I don’t cheer him on when saturday comes.