Re: News today?

Charlie Cooper loan
Welcome Charlie Cooper! We are delighted to announce that we have signed midfielder Charlie Cooper on a season long loan from @FGRFC_Official. #OneClubOneCounty #OurJourneyContinues
http://ow.ly/KLho30kCnru
Newport County AFC are delighted to announce the signing of 21-year-old Charlie Cooper on a one-year loan from Forest Green Rovers.

The midfielder played his youth football at Championship side Birmingham City and signed a pro-deal with The Blues in 2015. Cooper then had a successful loan spell at Forest Green Rovers helping them to promotion in the 2016/17 Season.

After his contract with Birmingham City expired in 2017, Cooper signed for Rovers on a two-year deal. He made 31 appearances across all competitions scoring one goal. Cooper is generally noted for his work rate, ability to control a game and his impressive range of passing.

On finalising the deal, Charlie Cooper said: “After speaking to the manager, I just knew that this club was the right option for me. I think in terms of how I want to play and how Newport plays, this will be a really good club for me to go to because it will allow me to express myself.

"The Manager just wants you to have a right go, give everything you’ve got and then hopefully the club will get the rewards for that. That’s what I want to bring to this football club."

Manager Mike Flynn added: “Charlie is a young, hungry, and tenacious player. He’s good technically and will fit in to the Club’s philosophy. He’s at a very good age and already has a promotion under his belt as he contributed to Forest Green Rovers promotion to the Football League in 2017.”

Charlie is County’s third addition of the week after Fraser Franks
and Jamille Matt signed on Monday and Wednesday respectively.

Re: News today? (Charlie Cooper)

Kairdiff Exile wrote:Welcome to him, and I'll look forward to seeing how he does. It says a lot though about the destabilising effect of FGR's money on this league when we are signing a player like this on a season-long loan from a 'smaller' (in terms of crowds) club in our own league!
Yes indeed, and helps them offload surplus to their plans! Not sure about that. Hope we don’t go for their burgers as well.

Exile 1976 wrote:
G Guest wrote:He is Terry Cooper's grandson.

Welcome to the Port, Charlie.

He's FGR's managers son isn't he. FGR fans ripped into him loads last season, most of the fans views I read was that he was poor.. He was awful when he played against us too.
Let's just judge him ourselves when the season starts eh ?

Ado wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
G Guest wrote:He is Terry Cooper's grandson.

Welcome to the Port, Charlie.

He's FGR's managers son isn't he. FGR fans ripped into him loads last season, most of the fans views I read was that he was poor.. He was awful when he played against us too.
Let's just judge him ourselves when the season starts eh ?

No. I judge on what i have already seen with my own eyes and also the vast majority of FGR fans seemingly happy at his departure (that's not to say he won't be a roaring success with us though).
Now, I'll certainly back him when he's playing in a County shirt, but until then i will express an opinion on him ok muc ?

Anyhoo, another signing coming up ... Keanu Marsh Brown?