Re: News today? (Charlie Cooper & Keanu Marsh-Brown )

Alan G Bryant wrote:So I make that
Marsh Brown for Nouble
Matt for Jackson
Cooper for TOE
Franks for Turley

It is always hard to see how players integrate and settle in a new team, but I would say on paper and based on those swaps, that makes our squad stronger so far.
On that basis then what you are saying is the next load of signings will be of a higher quality to replace white, tozer, maclausky and potentially labadie? If that’s the case then it will be a good season. If the latest signings who are fine and I don’t have a problem with are the highest quality we are signing then we won’t be stronger than last season.

Bush wrote:
Marsh Brown for Nouble
Matt for Jackson
Cooper for TOE
Franks for Turley

It is always hard to see how players integrate and settle in a new team, but I would say on paper and based on those swaps, that makes our squad stronger so far.
On that basis then what you are saying is the next load of signings will be of a higher quality to replace white, tozer, maclausky and potentially labadie? If that’s the case then it will be a good season. If the latest signings who are fine and I don’t have a problem with are the highest quality we are signing then we won’t be stronger than last season.
I’m wondering whether it’s more like
Franks for Tozer
Matt for Nouble
Cooper for TOE
Marsh-Brown for Jackson

So still some big boots to fill imho, White and Labadie, not to mention McCoulsky - we also need some cover at full back and GK

countymadbel wrote:Just bit concerned about Cooper as the forest green fans really don't rate him. Even saying he's not league 2 standard. Why would they let him join us if any good?
Forest Green fans are divided in their opinions.Some say that his relationship with the manager and his treatment by some fans has been the problem. They think that a move away will be beneficial and he will return a better player. However, by then he will be out of contract.

Cornish Exile wrote:
countymadbel wrote:Just bit concerned about Cooper as the forest green fans really don't rate him. Even saying he's not league 2 standard. Why would they let him join us if any good?
Forest Green fans are divided in their opinions.Some say that his relationship with the manager and his treatment by some fans has been the problem. They think that a move away will be beneficial and he will return a better player. However, by then he will be out of contract.
Do FGR have an over inflated expectation problem? Are they just p***ed off because their world domination plan basically fizzled out, and taking it out on the obvious playing target?

Welcome to the County Charlie and Keanu!!

Keanu played for England C, and it reminded me ....

We have/had 4 players from England C team that beat Bermuda 6-1 in 2013.

England C: P Edwards, John Hunt, M Jackson, A Cook, H Beautyman, A Sarcevic, R Jackson, S Clucas, M Demetriou, A Acheampong, F Franks. Subs: M Walker, D Bradley, C Stokes, A Gray, J Norwood.

Obviously Gray and Clucas played at premier league level, but the class player of the night was Norwood a well earned hatrick. .M Jackson scored too.

Amberexile wrote:
County ranger wrote:One question if these two are not good enough for Forest Green who finished below us why are they good signings?
Because we've got a better manager
Fair enough, I believe both may have been persuaded to come because of Flynn if the press are correct and they both had issues at FGR, so there’s a possibility that the move will help their performances.
What concerns me is whether or not they are L2 players as I don’t think they’ve made much impact there and that their best days were in the Conference, someone I’m sure will correct me if I’m wrong.

Bush wrote:
Marsh Brown for Nouble
Matt for Jackson
Cooper for TOE
Franks for Turley

Who knows?. However, the lack of depth in our squad last season is what cost us. Rigg , Reynolds ,TOE, Jalrado, Quigley , Cole, Jackson, Osadabie and JBB were all passengers as Flynn clearly did not fancy them, admittedly some he signed, but that is a lot of dead wood and hopefully Flynn has a better idea of the depth required this season.

Mclousky was excellent as a substitute but few could argue he was a 90 minute player. White was a phenomenal signing much like Karl Darlow and one that new players should not be compared to in my view. Tozer is the biggest loss and more so than Labadie, Joss, for all his gusto really only had a golden 4 months from October 17 to January 18 and in retrospect he downed tools after Tottenham. He has actually only played 44 games in two years, not in the same league as Mark Byrne.

If Flynn can get his next few signings right and use his loan signings better on the whole, our squad is shaping up to be much stronger than last seasons.
Last edited by Alan G Bryant on June 22nd, 2018, 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.