Re: Trialist A

countymadbel wrote:Talking about trialists who was the last good trialist we had?
Paris Cowan hall has had a decent career after a failed trail with us.

Reggie lamb another.

Do you mean one that ended up being successful for us? Wasn’t Ryan Jackson on trial?

Still say biggest shame for me was not signing Chris Jones when on trial. Big fan of his just couldn’t get him away from playing in Europe for TNS.

Exile 1976 wrote:
countymadbel wrote:Talking about trialists who was the last good trialist we had?

Wasn't Mark Byrne a trialist before we gave him a 6mth deal?
Also don’t forget our Marlon. Got two years out of us after his trial! Surely one of our most successful trialist if you look past the fact he couldn’t hit a barn door!

Bush wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:

Also don’t forget our Marlon. Got two years out of us after his trial! Surely one of our most successful trialist if you look past the fact he couldn’t hit a barn door!

Haha. Sorry, forgot about Jacksoninho

I was speaking with Hudson at the Undy game that Paris Cowan Hall was playing...( just before the 'mother of all storms' happened, if that helps refresh memories of that game for a few).....
I told him that he should be 'taken off the pitch and signed there and then as he was a good player and would be great for us'..He never took my advice and IMO we missed out on a good player who I later heard was very interested in signing for us.

Bush wrote:
Paris Cowan hall has had a decent career after a failed trail with us.

Reggie lamb another.

Do you mean one that ended up being successful for us? Wasn’t Ryan Jackson on trial?

Still say biggest shame for me was not signing Chris Jones when on trial. Big fan of his just couldn’t get him away from playing in Europe for TNS.
Chris Zebroski is on trial again.

Byrne signing for an initial six months suggests he wasn't in big demand, surprisingly. I suppose it's always possible a player will prefer that to see if relocation works out.

My recollection on Doidge is the problem was the budget was loaded with non-performing strikers we'd have needed to shift to be able to accommodate him.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:

Mark Byrne was a regular at Barnet before he joined County.

I know that but he had left Barnet and I thought he played in a trial match before we agreed a 6 month deal with him