Re: Labadie future to be decided this week

Countymax wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Gone to FGR on a 2yr deal....maybe.
That would make sense why we're getting their rejects.
Why would it?
Labs is out of contract and is free to go where ever and another thing just because it didn't work out for the incoming players for what ever reason at their last club why such a negative post labeling them as rejects before they've even kicked a ball for us

He has always been out of contract from 30 June. He has been offered a new contract. He has not signed. If he wishes to he can refuse to sign but say to the club if I am still free I might be persuaded to sign a new contract in August, or September, or even January.

My view is that the club should say that we have to make plans for the best possible future for our club. If you don't sign now we will not under any circumstances offer you a contract later.

I accept that an argument can be made that to do that would be to cut off our nose to spite our face. However my view remains that if we allow any player to dictate to the club then the harm that does is greater than losing any single player.

I don't like Alex Ferguson particularly. But any player who crossed him, David Beckham, Roy Keane were out of the door faster than you couldn't say Jack Robinson. And he was successful and no matter how much I didn't like him, he was right.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:He has always been out of contract from 30 June. He has been offered a new contract. He has not signed. If he wishes to he can refuse to sign but say to the club if I am still free I might be persuaded to sign a new contract in August, or September, or even January.

My view is that the club should say that we have to make plans for the best possible future for our club. If you don't sign now we will not under any circumstances offer you a contract later.

I accept that an argument can be made that to do that would be to cut off our nose to spite our face. However my view remains that if we allow any player to dictate to the club then the harm that does is greater than losing any single player.

I don't like Alex Ferguson particularly. But any player who crossed him, David Beckham, Roy Keane were out of the door faster than you couldn't say Jack Robinson. And he was successful and no matter how much I didn't like him, he was right.
Exactly, as much as i want labs to stay, he's had enough time to agree and its time to show or go.no player is bigger than our club

Stan A. Einstein wrote:He has always been out of contract from 30 June. He has been offered a new contract. He has not signed. If he wishes to he can refuse to sign but say to the club if I am still free I might be persuaded to sign a new contract in August, or September, or even January.

Don't always agree with you Stan but you are spot on with this if we let him keep us waiting we are losing precious time in signing a replacement great player hope he signs back up but we as a club can not be held to ransom.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: My view is that the club should say that we have to make plans for the best possible future for our club. If you don't sign now we will not under any circumstances offer you a contract later.

I'm another one who concurs with that approach. Let's not forget also that he has a serious injury from which to recover. We've been more than fair by sticking with him, helping with his rehab, and offering him a deal and a path back. If he signs elsewhere but doesn't play until the winter, he might find it hard to get a starting place in a side that's got used to playing without him - whereas Flynn knows what he offers and would be keen to accommodate him ASAP.

The sensible move for Labs is to sign the two-year deal he's been offered, get back to full fitness, play well and then leave next summer for a small fee. He'll get a better move then than he will now, and both he and NCAFC will feel that things have been "done right".

I am not sure I understand why a club with a limited budget is spending money on a player who is unlikely to play before Xmas and may not recover 100%.
Even when not with serious injury through knocks and suspension he seldom gets to 30 games in a season.
I suspect he is unhappy about County protecting their position either playing bonus or two year deal to prevent him sodding of next summer - no one would pay a fee for 30 games a season.
I would let him go.

County ranger wrote:I am not sure I understand why a club with a limited budget is spending money on a player who is unlikely to play before Xmas and may not recover 100%.
Even when not with serious injury through knocks and suspension he seldom gets to 30 games in a season.
I suspect he is unhappy about County protecting their position either playing bonus or two year deal to prevent him sodding of next summer - no one would pay a fee for 30 games a season.
I would let him go.

I see your point. My own view is that we should keep him. What I am against is not him trying to get the best deal he can but the club treating him than he is bigger than the club.

He isn't.

Exile 1976 wrote:
Countymax wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Gone to FGR on a 2yr deal....maybe.
That would make sense why we're getting their rejects.

A lot of FGR fans gutted that Marsh-Brown has gone and a fair few thought he was going to sign with a League 1 club
Yes mate think Marsh-Brown can play and at a higher level great signing for us got a good feeling he will score 10 plus for us along with assisting with many goals.