Re: Interbet.com New Main sponsor

JonD wrote:
Yes, just Hitachi.

I remember asking my mates what it meant. None of them knew. Eventually I began noticing Hitachi electrical goods in Comet....[/quote]

For me the important point is this. Liverpool are a professional football club. Hitachi are a professional organization. Try any League or Premier League club. Find their main club sponsor and then see if a) the sponsor is a limited company and b) whether the company has a website.

Having done that go compare. (Little joke there.)

Interbet are not a limited company and they don't have a website. Which for an online gaming company strikes me as suspect. However they do have a holding page which proudly informs the world that they are the main sponsors of Newport AFC.

Fancy that, a company that does not exist sponsoring a football team which does not exist. Just how professional does that look?

And yes if we don't see so much as a brass farthing it won't cause the club to fail. Anymore than not having replica shirts to sell will cause us to fail. Or supplying kits to the academy kids nine months late will, or not answering emails from fans concerned about season tickets. In fact by themselves each of these little 'mishaps' won't cause us to fail. But cumulatively these little mishaps add up to one single great big disaster.

Alan Bryant says people like me desperately want the club to fail. Actually people like me desperately don't want the club to fail. But you dear readers must make your own minds up on that.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: Alan Bryant says people like me desperately want the club to fail. Actually people like me desperately don't want the club to fail. But you dear readers must make your own minds up on that.
I don't think you want the club to fail but you always seem to make a 'mountain out of a molehill' and also seem to love creating 'drama'.

I was just going to state Stan that nobody apart from the usual Ostriches could argue with your latest statement but alas as follows.

A chap without a website is going to give us £100K possibly or maybe not?
No replica shirts to sell?
Academy kids waiting 9 months for kit paid up front.
Mountain out of a molehill for sure
Even our new board members have gone silent
Hopefully things are on the up but your comments are not once again relating to the underground habits of a mole.

Willthiswork wrote:
I don't think you want the club to fail but you always seem to make a 'mountain out of a molehill' and also seem to love creating 'drama'.
That is your view and of course you are entitled to it. However consider the following.

We keep being told that the club is not bringing in enough money and that the income that the club receives makes the expenditure of the club 'unsustainable'. It therefore follows that this requires a two pronged approach. One to increase income and two to reduce unnecessary expenditure.

So when I point out that the club is paying out large sums of money to ex-employees who have been unfairly dismissed am I really making a mountain out of a molehill? When I point out that not having replica shirts to sell, not answering supporters emails, not supplying kits to children who have paid good money up front is probably bad for business, am I really making things out to be worse than they are? When I express concerns about a sponsor who isn't a company and who doesn't have a website am I really a doom-monger? And as a shareholder and fan when I call for somebody to be accountable am I really someone who is dangerous and has issues?

These things add up. You know a lot of people buy a couple of lottery tickets on a Wednesday and Saturday and Euromillions tickets on a Friday, and then wonder why they can't afford the £700 for a couple of weeks in the Mediterranean.

These things add up you see.

xisle wrote:sounds like somebody on the board didnt approve and has asked for the shit to be stired
Two things. I assume stired is a typo' and you intended to write stirred. :grin:

Secondly whether or not a board member(s) are happy or not is not something of which I have any direct knowledge.

Edit. Although you might try reading the Sherlock Holmes short story 'Silver Blaze'.

newgroundrodney wrote:
Though I'd have only been maybe 10 yrs old at the time, I'd heard of Hitachi long before they appeared on Liverpool shirts.

JonD wrote:
Really? I'm genuinely surprised at that. Hitachi UK wasn't founded until 1982, three years after they began sponsoring Liverpool (incidentally the first shirt deal involving an English club). Ah well, I blame my sheltered upbringing.

newgroundrodney wrote:
Yeah but the sponsorship on the Liverpool shirt wasn't 'Hitachi UK'.....it was just 'Hitachi', in plain boring white capital letters... At the time, my then brother-in-law was into Yamaha bikes and Hitachi electronic stuff.

JonD wrote:
Yes, just Hitachi.

I remember asking my mates what it meant. None of them knew. Eventually I began noticing Hitachi electrical goods in Comet....

Hitachi
Hitachi is a city located on the Pacific Ocean coast in Ibaraki Prefecture, Japan. As of October 1, 2012, the city has an estimated population of 189,956, with 78,616 households and a population density of 842.19 persons per km². The total area is 225.55 km².

Beats me what the fuss is (or where stan got the Newport AFC thing from), when I checked the site [1:46pm on 26th June, 5th post on this thread] and posted that the "site didn't exist yet" the holding page already said "Official Main Club Sponsor Newport County AFC" and they've added Gillingham to official betting partners alongside St Mirren and Oldham who were already on there.

Clearly they're closing some deals with other clubs before launching the betting service. I do hope we get some odds-boosts for County to get promotion, it would be silly of them not to...

I do think drawing any parallels between our saturated sponsor market deal with Interbet to the profile of first ever UK shirt sponsor(ish) Hitachi with then-European Champions Liverpool is a little bit of a reach though.

And while I'm responding to 9 pages' worth of comments, I shouldn't think that we're in the last 10 EFL clubs to announce their main sponsor for next season, but even I'm not doing THAT bit of research... and why does that matter anyway?

SJG99 wrote:Beats me what the fuss is (or where stan got the Newport AFC thing from), when I checked the site [1:46pm on 26th June, 5th post on this thread] and posted that the "site didn't exist yet" the holding page already said "Official Main Club Sponsor Newport County AFC"

And while I'm responding to 9 pages' worth of comments, I shouldn't think that we're in the last 10 EFL clubs to announce their main sponsor for next season, but even I'm not doing THAT bit of research... and why does that matter anyway?
Yip, the holding page has been changed. No doubt either someone at Newport County noticed or more likely someone read this page.

Season starts five weeks today. Can't wait to see our new shirts.

Exile 1976 wrote:In fairness the shirts will (should) be ready to go, it'll only be the printing of the sponsors we were waiting for and that should easily be sorted.
Cannot see any reason why these shirts won't be on sale in a week (unless the sponsor hasn't paid)
Does this assume that the relocated club shop will be open by then? I note that season ticket sales will be on sale from a temporary outlet in Clarence place from 3rd July with no date given for new ticket office/club shop opening. Originally stated 2nd July wasn't it?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
SJG99 wrote:Beats me what the fuss is (or where stan got the Newport AFC thing from), when I checked the site [1:46pm on 26th June, 5th post on this thread] and posted that the "site didn't exist yet" the holding page already said "Official Main Club Sponsor Newport County AFC"

Yip, the holding page has been changed. No doubt either someone at Newport County noticed or more likely someone read this page.

Season starts five weeks today. Can't wait to see our new shirts.
Or the project management plan for the website came to fruition?

Exile 1976 wrote:In fairness the shirts will (should) be ready to go, it'll only be the printing of the sponsors we were waiting for and that should easily be sorted.
Cannot see any reason why these shirts won't be on sale in a week (unless the sponsor hasn't paid)
At the last open meeting we were told that shirts (including the third kit design chosen by fans' votes) would be on sale during the first or second week of July. So next week or the week after was the target, any delay after that I guess we can put down to the late announcement of the sponsors.