Re: Interbet.com New Main sponsor

No doubt about it. Companies owned by Leon have sponsored a football stadium at Wealdstone, a shirt at Rochdale and the Cardiff Devils. Can't find anyone ever renewing the sponsorship.

As for these companies I don't seem to be able to find any of them which have assets. And perhaps more worryingly they do seem to have liabilities. But let's not worry, I feel sure that with their undoubted financial genius, those who control Newport County will not have been taken in. I mean a multi-national gaming empire without a web-site would never concern anyone would it? And just because the holding page tells us that interbet are the proud sponsors of Newport AFC, well that is the type of mistake any global company might make.

Willthiswork wrote:The Club are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Let's all hope that both parties get what they want/need from this deal.
As far as I can see, and I am happy to be corrected if I am wrong, but my search found only one company that Leon Hughes is a director of, they being Uwin Gaming Limited. And they have only been active for eight months.

It seems that all the other Companies are simply internet domains. As I say I am not an expert in this area. I am sure though that an organization like Newport County will have checked Mr Hughes out thoroughly before announcing him as a business partner. A few phone calls to Rochdale, St Miren, Oldham, Gillingham, Cardiff Devils and so forth. We wouldn't want to be getting into bed with another Phil Day now would we?

Yes that must be it, I'll be mistaken again. Could I ask Big Baz, or indeed any poster with experience of checking out companies, to come to my rescue and tell me how to find all these companies that I can find on the internet but for some reason can't find in a list of company names?

Exile 1976 wrote: We will have been paid money up front too.

You think?

Then again you thought interbet were the African Company of the same name. Sorry I don't want to cause ructions but I am very concerned. And if my fears are confirmed then should the season start with my club advertising a web page and nothing else, we will be a laughing stock.

Again. :(

Stan A. Einstein wrote:

You think?

Then again you thought interbet were the African Company of the same name. Sorry I don't want to cause ructions but I am very concerned. And if my fears are confirmed then should the season start with my club advertising a web page and nothing else, we will be a laughing stock.

Why would we be a laughing stock? If they give us money does it matter if they don't have a functioning website? They may be looking at some 'over the counter' betting opportunities at RP too?

Willthiswork wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

You think?

If they give us money does it matter......... ?

No.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:

You think?

Yes I do think. Why, when do you think we'll get money from them?
Also regarding your usual smarmy, smart arse comment, I was told they were part of that African betting company, it appears they are not.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:The Club are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Let's all hope that both parties get what they want/need from this deal.
I think that is how the majority feel mate. I just find it really sad that there are a handful of people desperate for the club to fail.
No Alan, there are no people on here who want the club to fail. The clappies like you might help destroy our club but I don't for one moment think that you want the club to fail.

To answer Willthiswork above. Well we don't know if County have received a penny. But for some here is where the penny will drop.

We do know that interbet.co have received a lot of advertising. Perhaps Kevin Ward could tell us how much such space would cost in the Argus. And remember it is not being run as an advert but as a news story.

Having seen Newport County destroyed before I have no wish to see it happen again. If on occasions I am too strident with my views so be it. Better that than a naive person who when it all goes t!ts up will stand there with the gormless look of the recently conned.