Re: Interbet.com New Main sponsor

Amberexile wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:In fairness the shirts will (should) be ready to go, it'll only be the printing of the sponsors we were waiting for and that should easily be sorted.
Cannot see any reason why these shirts won't be on sale in a week (unless the sponsor hasn't paid)
At the last open meeting we were told that shirts (including the third kit design chosen by fans' votes) would be on sale during the first or second week of July. So next week or the week after was the target, any delay after that I guess we can put down to the late announcement of the sponsors.
Yes, I think so. Looking at my FBT shirt from last season (black away shirt) it looks like the sponsor's name is printed INTO the shirt cloth itself, so if that's how FBT do things (as opposed to iron-on etc) then the delay COULD, and I stress could be longer....
I have no knowledge of shirt printing, but can the sponsor's name be added AFTER the shirt itself has been produced, if they use the same way as last season?
Perhaps they go for the more simple transfer on......otherwise, it looks like we might have to wait while the ENTIRE SHIRT is made.

newgroundrodney wrote:
At the last open meeting we were told that shirts (including the third kit design chosen by fans' votes) would be on sale during the first or second week of July. So next week or the week after was the target, any delay after that I guess we can put down to the late announcement of the sponsors.

Yes, I think so. Looking at my FBT shirt from last season (black away shirt) it looks like the sponsor's name is printed INTO the shirt cloth itself, so if that's how FBT do things (as opposed to iron-on etc) then the delay COULD, and I stress could be longer....
I have no knowledge of shirt printing, but can the sponsor's name be added AFTER the shirt itself has been produced, if they use the same way as last season?
Perhaps they go for the more simple transfer on......otherwise, it looks like we might have to wait while the ENTIRE SHIRT is made.
So the answer to this is yes, you can print onto the shirts if you wanted to after they have been produced however an easier and more time effective approach would be a vinyl application.

Harvey Pekar wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:

So the answer to this is yes, you can print onto the shirts if you wanted to after they have been produced however an easier and more time effective approach would be a vinyl application.

On the current shirt, the reverse side has a vinyl application with an advert for STANDARD SIGNS. So they could use such an application and it'd be quicker and easier?... so presumably no delay in production?.. if so, that's good news.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:In fairness the shirts will (should) be ready to go, it'll only be the printing of the sponsors we were waiting for and that should easily be sorted.
Cannot see any reason why these shirts won't be on sale in a week (unless the sponsor hasn't paid)
Does this assume that the relocated club shop will be open by then? I note that season ticket sales will be on sale from a temporary outlet in Clarence place from 3rd July with no date given for new ticket office/club shop opening. Originally stated 2nd July wasn't it?

I am informed that the difficulty is that we have fallen out with the WRU over last seasons rent. As a result they are not allowing County to use the facilities at Rodney Parade. In short rigidly applying the terms of our license. If correct then a real wake up call about the urgency of sorting out our long-term future.

The WRU not allowing the County to use the facilities at RP. Please excuse my ignorance as a non resident, but, has the shop and ticket office gone? If as suggested, we cannot use any facility there, then we are well and truly stuffed.

If true, this is short sighted ignorance on the part of the WRU. How on earth do they expect us to improve our finances when they deny us the use of the facility and make us spend more renting somewhere else. I pray that this is a short term spat and can be resolved soon.

pembsexile wrote:The WRU not allowing the County to use the facilities at RP. Please excuse my ignorance as a non resident, but, has the shop and ticket office gone? If as suggested, we cannot use any facility there, then we are well and truly stuffed.

If true, this is short sighted ignorance on the part of the WRU. How on earth do they expect us to improve our finances when they deny us the use of the facility and make us spend more renting somewhere else. I pray that this is a short term spat and can be resolved soon.
Ever thought that the WRU has a hidden agenda, one that does not feature the County? The City Council May soon have a lot to answer in not securing RP for the benefit of both professional codes.
Last edited by Taunton Iron Cider on July 2nd, 2018, 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

You really have to fear for professional sport in Newport, firstly doubling our rent and now playing hardball on facilities.
Dragons won't escape either and have already had any recognition with our city dropped from their name and if rumour has it will be shipped up to north Wales as soon as their licence runs out.
Well done NCC on allowing this to happen right under their noses.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
pembsexile wrote:The WRU not allowing the County to use the facilities at RP. Please excuse my ignorance as a non resident, but, has the shop and ticket office gone? If as suggested, we cannot use any facility there, then we are well and truly stuffed.

Ever thought that the WRU has a hidden agenda, one that does not feature the County? The City Council May soon have a lot to answer in not securing RP for the benefit of both professional codes.
I have often thought that the WRU has a long term agenda and have commented upon it on this board previously. What I find alarming about this issue (if true), is that it is short term thinking and brutal. My thoughts were that the WRU would want us out in the long term. If this rent issue is not sorted asap, they may get their long term wishes sooner than they expected.

If any of this is true, then it seems the only things we can use are those directly related to a matchday's activities, is that correct?.... If that's true, then we need to find somewhere else to play BEFORE the lease is up.
I'll ask again, is anything being done towards this end? Can we go back to Newport Stadium?....has anyone ASKED?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Does this assume that the relocated club shop will be open by then? I note that season ticket sales will be on sale from a temporary outlet in Clarence place from 3rd July with no date given for new ticket office/club shop opening. Originally stated 2nd July wasn't it?

I am informed that the difficulty is that we have fallen out with the WRU over last seasons rent. As a result they are not allowing County to use the facilities at Rodney Parade. In short rigidly applying the terms of our license. If correct then a real wake up call about the urgency of sorting out our long-term future.
Fair dos Stan .... someone is leaking some very sensitive information to you !

Justanordinaryfan wrote:
Fair dos Stan .... someone is leaking some very sensitive information to you !
To be clear, I only have this from one source. Which is why I say 'if correct'. However if true it is only fair on the incumbent board that the responsibility lies with those who negotiated the agreement with the license. We know that Kevin Ward has made it public that the agreement 'frankly wasn't very good' and as my copy is with Amberexile perhaps he will share his thoughts in due course.

In fairness to Howard Greenhaf he was between a rock and a hard place when he negotiated the agreement. The sad truth remains that for quarter of a century the various regimes at Newport County have failed to tackle the stadium problem.

I am genuinely considering changing my moniker to Cassandra. Unless or until someone at Newport County has the guts to say that we need to find a solution to not having a stake in a suitable stadium and unless we do we're going the same way as the Dodo, then I remain pessimistic about our future.

I hope this is fake news, but i fear it is just another nail in the coffin, i just wish people would listen when some one stands up in the meetings we have, 2 days after i stood up and asked the question about the redevelopment of Rodney Parade, ( which was denied by the top table) the WRU announced there plans for Rodney Parade.
If FIFA deemed Spytty fit for purpose for a World Cup match, then why do the FA deem it not suitable for our football club.