Re: Interbet.com New Main sponsor

Read the article. It says Newport County are committed people betting responsibly. And that betting is for over 18's only.

Kids replica shirts, will they carry the logo? Do we really want our club to advertise vice? My own view is that all vice, drugs, sex, gambling is better being licensed rather than subject to prohibition. But, and for me a big but, is that as a club we have a duty towards young people. Athleticism, competitive games, learning how to win with grace and lose with dignity is what I would like our club to be about.

Gambling companies exist to take money from the weak, the stupid and the addicted. You can dress it up anyway you like but for me this sponsorship I find shameful.

Skate Exile wrote:A low budget gambling company with a website that does not work yet. What possibly could go wrong?

It looks a bit like we have been chasing another company and took this deal at the last moment. I hope their cheque don’t bounce.

They're part of a bigger company from Africa (I believe) that are branching out in the UK.
Last edited by Exile 1976 on June 26th, 2018, 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mad norm wrote:Just read the Announcement on the County Website.....what a patronising, vacuous and sycophantic over the top load of bilge :cry:
I'm not sure which part of the announcement meets the description you give to be honest. All I read was mutually complimentary remarks at the outset of a sponsorship deal.
Have a look at other such announcements and ours will be no better or worse than most, if not all.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Read the article. It says Newport County are committed people betting responsibly. And that betting is for over 18's only.

Kids replica shirts, will they carry the logo? Do we really want our club to advertise vice? My own view is that all vice, drugs, sex, gambling is better being licensed rather than subject to prohibition. But, and for me a big but, is that as a club we have a duty towards young people. Athleticism, competitive games, learning how to win with grace and lose with dignity is what I would like our club to be about.

Gambling companies exist to take money from the weak, the stupid and the addicted. You can dress it up anyway you like but for me this sponsorship I find shameful.
Spytty should hand out betting slips at games instead of Mr Tom bars.

A start up betting website founded by Leon Hughes who is a serial betting site founder whose last effort “betbro” appears to have attracted less than 500 customers given the “first 500 clients” bonus is still available on their website since 2016...

An inexperienced commercial manager and COO who allow a press release to be published promoting the “ almost certainly to be unmissable event “ at the racecourse and announcing Interbet as sponsors of Gillingham and Oldham aswell - not relevant to us but interesting in that the betting company only buy a pitch board at Gillingham and Oldham haven’t even announced any partnership with them yet.

The company only has a holding website set up
And have apparantly given Gillingham a totally different one to link to

Nothing to worry about at all ...

Don’t print too many shirts though eh ?

Beechwooddragon wrote:A start up betting website founded by Leon Hughes who is a serial betting site founder whose last effort “betbro” appears to have attracted less than 500 customers given the “first 500 clients” bonus is still available on their website since 2016...

An inexperienced commercial manager and COO who allow a press release to be published promoting the “ almost certainly to be unmissable event “ at the racecourse and announcing Interbet as sponsors of Gillingham and Oldham aswell - not relevant to us but interesting in that the betting company only buy a pitch board at Gillingham and Oldham haven’t even announced any partnership with them yet.

The company only has a holding website set up
And have apparantly given Gillingham a totally different one to link to

Nothing to worry about at all ...

Don’t print too many shirts though eh ?
Wasn’t James wattsee also inexperienced when he joined us?

the chap might be a serial betting company founder and all the others may be no longer but for all we know this one is a brilliant one and as long as we get the cash then I’m not going to criticise.